Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Dwarven Vault - future sucession game  (Read 8228 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Vault - future sucession game
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:15 am »

The events of 8th Limestone, Year 302:

The dwarves inside hauling rock out only heard a scream before multiple screams as dwarves rushed inside. Standing in the craftshop, sheltered by benches was the peasent that went into the strange mood. He was foaming at the mouth and roaring loudly at any who came within his sight.

He was hurling steel bolts at everyone.

Then out charged the military, led by the newly crowned champion Ingish. Unarmed, he rushed to the bezerk dwarf and was just in time to get skewered by a hurled bolt.

Everyone freaked out. The squad ran further away, demoralized by the loss of their leader. The bezerker charged into the entry hall unchallenged and stood roaring as he hurled the last of his bolts. Suddenly a pet dog rushed from the side and tackled him, bringing him to the ground. As the tumbled, the fleeing squad grouped together and rushed the prone dwarf, in time to save the brave dog and for Kornash to take off the bezerkers head with his sword.

In the rampage, a jewler had been killed but other than that and the poor foolish champion, none were hurt.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:14 am »

Journal of Zak:

The dwarven traders arrived, with exactly what we needed, alcohol and food!

Using the clothing that we didn't need and the totems that we made, we bought out all the alcohol that was present and all the plump helmets that they could carry.

And thank god that we did...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 01:29:41 am »

Journal of Zak:

Just as we were getting comfortable, guess what happens...

"Now what do we do?!" says Zak to the mayor.

"I don't know, how are the food and drinks coming?"

"They just recovered, what we don't need is more people eating them!"

"But they are people! They deserve to live like everyone else!"

"If they live, we all dont!"

"Dammit, I just don't know..."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2008, 04:57:26 am »

"To a new year!" shouted all the dwarfs.

Another year has passed, and hope still burned in the hearts of the dwarves.

-----------------------------

The goblins came from nowhere, ambushing a clothier. A peasant saw them in the distance and ran back to the vault screaming to lock the doors.

The only vunrable  entrance was now the trade entrance and only a lone speardwarf, armoured in leather and a steel buckler stood before a full squad of goblins. They leered to each other.

"This'll be easy."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 06:49:30 am »

Enter massive ass-kicking.

From which side, who knows. Either way, this is going to be grand.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:10 am »

Yaaaay!!!  *shoots rocks against a wall*

I'm being helpful!  ^__~

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 11:39:22 am »

Woot! Still alive! I'll live the longest!!! Muhuwhahaha!

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 08:27:14 pm »

Woo! +1 for killing a beserk dwarf!

Ambush? Bah! I've scraped things more frightening from between my toes!

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2008, 09:23:05 am »

thoughts of (urist) artobtulon

all in all, there have been fewer miners killed by the things in the deep than i'd vaugely expected. also more things killed by miners than i would expect. I am still amazed some of us got in a fight with a magma man and no one but the magma man died. also, we need to find some iron and flux. poor Ingish took a crossbow bolt to the chest and i think there's a vauge possiblity that he might have lived if he'd had steel plate and shield. also, a speardwarf is facing at least 8 goblins, probably more hidden ones. this will not end well.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:17 pm »

(Just for your information, it was (urist) and Sterling who killed the feared magma man.)

As the goblins approached they kept grinning widely, even though only their leader had a weapon.

"RUSH 'IM!"

When this happened, only two thoughts went through the lone spearman's head:

Where the HELL is my backup?! There could be more than just one squad after all!

and

I really should practice more with my new spear...

The dwarf shrugged and then began to charge.

------------------------------------

What happened was short and furious. The goblins had no idea that this lone dwarf was a champion in wrestling, and due to his sheer training it approached at a amazing speed! They never knew dwarves could move that fast!

All the more reason that they were shocked in place when one of the leading wrestlers died to a flurry of stabs from the steel spear. The dwarf used this pause to knock down another leading wrestler and another flurry of stabs later, it was dead. They fled as fast as they could, their leader bringing up the rear because he lead the charge. He made it five steps out of the cave before a spear exploded from his chest.

Seeing the goblins were too far away to chase, the lone spearman shrugged again and went back inside to his original spot and met Captain Affy there.

"Where were you? I had to take on a whole squad by myself!"

"I was running here! And you look ok, and seem to have done well, if I may say so myself."

"Bah! Lets go eat."

"Indeed."

They turned around and passed Viktor who was running to where the spearman once stood.

"Where are you going?!"

"To eat. How many bolts have ya got?"

"Not many..."

"You'll be fine!" said Captain Affy as they rounded the corner.

"Right..." replied Viktor as she turned to face down the corridor, just in time to see a whole squad of lashers lead by a pikeman enter.

"Shit."

Viktor opened fire, quickly finding that she had only brought 5 bolts with him. Nonetheless, she took down 2 lashers and they had closed distance quickly. Roaring, she charged with her crossbow butt at the pikeuser! She knew that she had to close range fast, or risk being skewered, and the goblin saw what she was doing immediately. Stabbing wildly at her, she mearly spun her crossbow to knock aside the pike and got up real close.

All the goblin lashers were stunned to see this lone dwarf knock over their leader and bash his head into his torso. Fleeing for their lives, they made it out and fled with the wrestlers who were still screaming the words:

"Fear the spearman! Fear the spearman!"

------------------------------------------------

"Now were in deep shit."

These were the words said by Zak as he was in a gathering with the nobliity of the vault.

"Why didn't they kill them all?!"

"They were too far away..."

"They should have ran after them then! Now the scourge knows we're here!"

"It can't be all bad..."

Zak stopped at this and looked at the mayor, who said those words, with an increndulous look.

"It can't be bad... can't be bad... ARE YOU INSANE?! Has your position gone to your head and rotted your brain? They are the reason we are here in the first place! They killed and destroyed all that we ever knew and will do the same here if they get the chance!"

Shaking his head, Zak left the office of the mayor and said harshly;

"But I won't give them that chance. Never."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:47:22 pm by Zako »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 08:06:40 pm »

"Fantastic. Thats all we need, another stuck up idiot who thinks he's too good for this place."

"He could be helpful..."

"Right, in a couple of decades maybe."

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 01:50:29 am »

"Fantastic. Thats all we need, another stuck up idiot who thinks he's too good for this place."

"He could be helpful..."

"Right, in a couple of decades maybe."

"I heard that other fortresses allow them to live, if the forts can get them away from forges."

"They can tame any animal, so we can eat them, or sell them, win-win, but the cages today are faulty, move them and they snap open."

"I hope this noble stays with the Metal Ranger's pride, or we'll haul him off."

"We shouldn't butcher the Dukes or Duchess, until we get the big guy."

"I just want to bang, eat, sleep, kill, and build some shit, a happy life."

"Man, this monologue is long... anyone going to make a mega-make, sooner or later... ...I want to have a shower room."

"I wonder if we're going to have an indoor fish farm, grates are safety, when the big ones come... ...Fish are satisfactory, bones are yum, skin is num, and extracts are for bling!"

"I think water cannons are awesome! Pressure towers, ramps, grates  to help de-clog, water cannon vs enemies, total pwnage, "'Oh noes we are flying out into the war carp pit!'" "
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:00:16 am by Foa »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 02:08:18 am »

But the point behind the whole fort is to seal away the dwarves from the world, not make a stone fire hose.  :)

But it would be good to have a cistern for fishing and water drinking. I'm working on that now, and other stuff as well.

Oh yea, we now have about 10 champion's in wrestling, or about that many. And Captain Affy is now living up to her name, by leading a squad of 5 champions! Huzzah!

I'm also starting the metal age for the dwarves! HUZZAH!! STEEL IS COMING!!

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2008, 04:30:44 am »

Beware Captain Affy and her band of dwarves fighting in a mildly homoerotic fashion.
(No badmouthing homosexuals)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2008, 11:54:18 am »

Thoughts of 'Lugnut' Mirrortrade, Unknown Date

I can't even remember what date it is...  Ah, who cares.  Captain Affy and one other spearman whose name escapes me, as well as Viktor wound up knocking off a huge amount of goblins.  Zak also wants to build a large cistern, so I should at least be able to do something else around here than what I have been for the last while.  Ah well, time to get back to work!
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8