Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Sketch thread!  (Read 7968 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glacies does sketches!
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2008, 07:07:04 am »

Wow, Glacious is never going to catch up... Maybe I should... Dip my hand >.>

:P

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2008, 03:12:22 am »

Been absorbed with X-com. I have a couple' ideas bouncing around in my head for the violent council of breakfast and the moody dwarf.

And I just had an idea about the goblins.

frlwunder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • my dA page
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2008, 11:56:59 am »

I have a couple' ideas bouncing around in my head for the violent council of breakfast (...)

Hooray. :) I'm so looking forward to this! And thank you in advance for spending your time for this. :)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2008, 05:27:25 am »

I've got one. A dwarf brandishing a beefy hammer (was an artifact), standing outside the gate to a dwarfish fort. There's a trade depot just inside the gate, full of elves. There's a goblin flying on a trajectory from the dwarf to the trade depot. I'll leave the rest to your imagination ;)
Magma is overrated.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2008, 06:31:07 pm »

I've got one. A dwarf brandishing a beefy hammer (was an artifact), standing outside the gate to a dwarfish fort. There's a trade depot just inside the gate, full of elves. There's a goblin flying on a trajectory from the dwarf to the trade depot. I'll leave the rest to your imagination ;)

Can I just say...  FORE!
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2008, 11:12:08 pm »

Mediocre update coming soon!

EDIT: MEDIOCRE UPDATE TIME!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:07:12 am by Glacies »

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2008, 12:10:17 am »

Mediocre indeed. Though still good =]. Heres a good one, A fat, well dressed, obviously pampered dwarf siting on one of those roman lounge things eating a big turkey leg and drinking out of a big goblet of wine as he watches in the distance a huge tower with peasants geting pushed off it.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:47 am »

Lightning fast update, zing! :P

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2008, 01:15:55 am »

My all time favorite engraving:

This is an engraving of a dwarf and toads.  The dwarf is surrounded by the toads.  The dwarf looks terrified

Then I'd love to see a picture of Endok, halfwitted mechanic of Abbeyverse, and legendary elephant trainer.  He has just managed to get himself caught in his own cage trap (true story :P).
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:05 am »

I'd like to see a battle between wrestlers and fire imps, with the wrestlers leaping into the magma, as they so often do.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2008, 11:35:45 am »

I have a request about something that just happened in my fortress 5 minutes ago.

A dragon and some merchants came just at the same time, dragon set merchants ablaze in the front of my above ground fortress's gates. Merchants STILL continued to walk to my depot and TRADED while on fire for around 10 seconds before succumbing to the flames. Dragon died from my bowmen.

It would be a nice picture if it showed merchants who traded while on flames at the depot located behind the gates, and bowmen shooting a dragon (who is killing dwarf warriors who came with the merchants) from the tower located on top of the gate.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2008, 04:34:44 pm »

GLacies you need to sketch whats happening in the last dwarves in the world fort.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2008, 08:28:24 pm »

Remember what you said about a perfect fort location, with an underground river, a chasm, magma pipe, flux, and different biomes in each corner, including a desert, glacier, forest, and mountain?

I FOUND ONE!!!

And better yet, I can't give you world parameters since I forgot to export them before I embarked :-P

Alas, the map is pretty big - 8x8 at least to get much of everything, and probably 8x12 if you want the HFS.

The trick is to generate worlds with all the varience parameters pretty much maxed out, and with a giant temperature range - -50 to 150 is what I used.  This allows for a fortress map with both freezing and scorching biomes.  If you minimize the vertical dimension of the map, it works all the better.  Also, set the elevation to something like 280 - 320, that will give a lot of squares on the mountain threshold.  Finally, set the weights to things like rainfall and volcanism to favor bath extremes - there's lots of flux in 0-20 volcanism, so if you set the weights high on both ends, but low in the middle, you will get a lot of areas where 0-20 volcanism borders 80-100.  Note that you'll have to set edge oceans and peaks both to zero, since you won't get either with these elevations.

Finally, I hope you enjoy searching for the right spot.  I exported map images and searghed the detailed map in paint shop - with the grid turned on and set to 16x16 - in order to find spots with the correct biomes.  The site finder simply doesn't help if you want a site with high AND low temperatures, for instance.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2008, 08:36:21 pm »

Actually, I just realized that I saved the paremeters.

I think this is currunt as of my final attempt.

Also,
 Seed: 1995622368
 History Seed: 41751514
 Name Seed: 1912243252

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2008, 04:00:07 pm »

I have a somewhat... elaborate request, for an upcoming scene from my DF fanfic:

The scene is the trade depot of the newly-founded settlement of Ironbends, little more than a couple of hitching posts and a long stone table next to a tunnel. An elven caravan is there, and one of the elves is squaring off to a young dwarven woodworker. The elf is gesticulating angrily at the wooden bins the dwarves have just carried up from the stockpile. The dwarf is holding up a wooden oak-leaf pendant hanging around his neck, gripping a whittling knife in his free hand. Both are shouting at each other in Elvish. The other merchants look on with expressions ranging from amusement to concern to embarrassment, and the expedition leader -who keeps his beard unusually well-trimmed for a dwarf, the mark of a veteran of many a vicious melee- watches with a carefully neutral expression, one hand on the hilt of the battered obsidian shortsword sheathed at his side.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8