Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: youre most awesome fortress dwarf  (Read 6458 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
youre most awesome fortress dwarf
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:11:57 am »

well i am now 10 years in my fortress axeaura of angels, with the group the bloody axeangels, leaded by "the axeangel" rhenaya ^^
now i thought she is pretty awesome compared to other dwarfs (and the last one surviving of the inital group)

i am just scared to bring her weapon skills more up, as she would be sticked into military and thus she wont be able to fullfill her duties with the noble jobs :(

The skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The kills

The rooms/noble

there are also a little story to her.

at first there is nothing special, the first 2 years she spent in a meager room in the dirt with just a table, bed and a chair boosting her bookkeeper skills up. just a few times i get her off the chair to trade or train some war/hunting dogs. in year two she was elected to be the first mayor (or only one ^^) and as the fortress expanded she also got to be the captain of the (nonexisting) guard.
as now the hunters/woodcutter died, i made her a hunter with the axe (what weapon else with this group/fortres/profession name? ^^). as you see in the kills tab she did pretty well, but also the first metalsmiths got "beating" due to unfullfilled mandates... as you see in the kills she beats pretty hard :D
in year 207 a imigrant child got adult and made a new mayor... however, there was a little accident with a drawbridge *coughs* 3 months later rhenaya was the mayor again.
in 2009 she started to do some metalsmithing as i started it on the top of a magmapipe and due to some justice inccidents there arent much metalsmiths besides the dungeonmaster left ^^

and now in year 2010 in the "barbering assault" i made some stairs outside the tower to make a faster access to the obsidian stockpiles (the inside tower is just aviable from underground, just the main entrance, archery and barracks are accessible form outside. to late i noticed, and with 3 years without a single goblin just a few kobold thiefs, i got careless... i was  with an not completly digged moat and the stairs te goblins will rush up them, so some got into the magmapipe and some got into the tower next to her room. i send the squads to the magmapipe, because there are more civil dwarfs around, but the goblin local leader, an elite spearmaster, with his squad charged the tower not the magmapumphouse. an peasant run just into the goblins arms, and run for his life into my precious room there she was just doing some organizing stuff for the metalsmiths. he got killed by the marksmans through the door and the spearmaster followed him. first she tried to run away through the other door, but i qickly draft her into guard (what captain of the guard would run from some goblins!) she killed the marksman and fend of the rest of the whole squad incuding the spearmaster. she take some serious injuries (3 reds on her right side). then some of the other guards came, apparently the death blow to the spearmaster came from the first legendary swordmaster from the guards (all guards hold obsidian shortswords except rhenaya she has two masterfull battle axes ^^ royal guards got hammers, and military got axes.. or goblin bone crossbows for all 3 xD)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: youre most awesome fortress dwarf
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:12 am »

NINE UNICORNS?! I thought those things were damn near invincible!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:25 pm »

i dunno, i am on a map with a little good wood in the southwest and there were some unicorns.. they killed my ranger and my hunter from the first migration waves. i am completly unmodded, maybe its because she got perfect agile and very tough before anything due to the appraiser/bookkeeper skilling in the first years. and she had 4 wardogs as pets ;) (now 4 new ones and 2 hunting dogs... but i never saw unicorns or other animals for years :( they avoid my fortress it seams)

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:22:40 pm »

noble jobs :(
What mod are you playing? Also, why do you have a self-insert character in a non-community fortress? What will you do if she gets crushed in a cave in?

Also, she won't go champion on you if you keep her a civilian, so just send her out hunting.

Edit:

Oh yeah, while your pre-skilled self insert was killing groundhogs, my immigrant cheese maker killed a tiger, two cougars, a jaguar, 46 elephants, and Counselleddeer the elephant.

Also my fortress' name is Steelshowered, and it was randomly picked.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:26:28 pm by inaluct »

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:28:51 pm »

noble jobs :(
What mod are you playing? Also, why do you have a self-insert character in a non-community fortress? What will you do if she gets crushed in a cave in?

Also, she won't go champion on you if you keep her a civilian, so just send her out hunting.
i take broker, bookkeeper and organizer as "noble jobs" as i am on noble screen with this ones :p

and yes: i abbdon every fortress and generate a new world if rhenaya dies ;) normal this happens in the first 5-6 years ^^

but hunting alone isnt enough, on the one side: i dont have any wildlife, there isnt anything to hunt anymore :/ and on the other: she sometimes try to run away from goblins, sometimes kill them.. normal i draft, let her kill the gobs and undraft again, but on some level i am affraid she will be stuck on the elite/champion and "this hero doesnt have to work" thingie :/

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:54:03 pm »

Oh. I was confused, 'cause, well, you know; I'm not really used to my nobles actually working. :)

Anyway, if she dies, try using on of the pregen'd worlds I put up on DFFD. They have tropical biomes, where elephants appear. Making a new Rhenaya and setting her to hunt will be pretty awesome, because those elephants leave huge stacks of bones and meat after being butchered, and you won't have to do much hunting to get her some stat gains. Also, you might want to try giving multiple dwarves noble positions; otherwise you might miss out on a caravan because your trader is too busy balancing the fortress's accounts.  :P

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:06 pm »

My most awesome dwarf is probably my hoardmaster/manager/broker/mayor (The original expedition leader):

Rovod Lakishkol, Mayor
 "Rovod Backwheel"
 ♀

Ultra-Mighty
 Perfectly Agile
 Superdwarvenly Tough
 Legendary Miner
 Proficient Negotiator
 Proficient Judge of Intent
 Legendary Appraiser
 Novice Conversationalist
 Comedian
 Skilled Persuader
 Dabbling Pacifier
 Skilled Intimidator
 Dabbling Consoler
 Proficient Grower
 Legendary Engraver
 Legendary Record Keeper
 Dabbling Swimmer
 Legendary Organizer
 Dabbling Mason
 Dabbling Wood Cutter
 Dabbling Building Designer

And yes, I did have to format it like that. I don't know why, I just did.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

I don't have the exacts but my best dwarf was from my first fort, where I started on a completely barren plain, the only noteworthy feature being the river full of undead carp. Score when it ended: carp 7, legendary axedwarf with-1-level-off-to-being-maxed-stats, 29. 29. 29. That dwarf was so hardcore, in the next fort I built a masoleum for him even though he technically didn't even exist anymore.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:35 pm »

Those noble features would hardly be a loss. Just get a seperate dwarf for each, they can train themselves up. Draft her!
Magma is overrated.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:03 pm »

Have her hunt with a spear.

She has no spear skills as of yet.

Then switch her to a hammer.   ^__^

Fuerte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 08:35:54 pm »

My mayor for 7 years is Fikod Couragelabors.

He's legendary in Mining Woodcutting Appraisal and Engraving. Also competent Persuader Flatterer mechanic and judge of intent (and dabbling thrower). Max stats, naturally.

Every third engraving in my fortress is of him rising to power. Every criminal in my fort has him as the injured party (except the people that HE injured).

In year 2 after a nasty encounter with some ogres people were feeling down. Fikod broke an arm collecting socks and the dwarf I named after myself was bringing him water. When Fikod gets the water he flips out and breaks my arm, along with some furniture and a cat. Later that week my dwarf flips out (becomes an enemy of the fort!) then Fikod personally kills me. Fikods only kill is the dwarf I named after myself.

He had Mike Jr beaten for violating a production order too. Fikod is one evil dwarf ruling my fortress with an Iron fist.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 09:31:36 pm »

Hmm, lets see.
At one stage, i had a legendary miner, engraver, appraiser and record keeper, proficient mechanic and organizer, with competent social skills. I then drafted them, so they became a Legendary Miner, engraver, appraiser, speardwarf, armouruser, shield user, wrestler, and the proficient skills from above.

Now *that* was one badass dwarf. 7 legendary skills.
Magma is overrated.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 09:57:49 pm »

Easy Legendary skills:
Woodcuting
Herbalism
Mining
Social

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 10:20:16 pm »

My starting seven (all novice miners with all labors activated) in various tries at a glacial ice fortress turn pretty awesome once they all get legendary mining. Had one fortress where no goblin ever escaped after coming to it, they either went into the animal stockpile (and stripped of iron/GCS silk) or got mined.

It's funny seeing a handful of goblins running away from a few really angry dwarves with picks.  :D
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:29 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000143

Well, I had a few dwarves who lived on the tiny coastal map between two terrifying biomes who got pretty nifty.  I left them just a spit of land to embark on so the skeletons would never stop coming. However, I could not resupply them with booze and had to abandon.   Anyways, I truly feel that Cerol, Captain of the Labyrinthine Whips, is my most awesomest of dwarves.  She was my captain of the guard on another map and was well trained with armour, shield and sword work, though I had ignored her wrestling training.

She'd been drafted as a hauler due to her speed when the attack came.  Then, when I botched my lever timing she charged unarmoured through a horde of mace goblins, twice, to grapple with and kill an elite bow goblin.

Slaying enemies with your mad skills and superior weaponry?  Nice.
Pwning through sheer stats against a superior foe?  Sweetness incarnate!
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?
Pages: [1] 2