Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49291 times)

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2009, 04:45:56 pm »

1 dwarf left...?

COOL!

I want to jump on the play list band wagon, and hopefully I'll actually be able to do it this time.

Not really used the 2d version much, so be prepared for disaster profit!
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2009, 05:55:14 pm »

It sounds permaflooded. If the magma crossed the chasm you're screwed.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Kiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

1 dwarf left...?

COOL!

I want to jump on the play list band wagon, and hopefully I'll actually be able to do it this time.

Not really used the 2d version much, so be prepared for disaster profit!

XD  hehehe, well you couldn't suffer much more disaster than has happened already so I suppose that just leaves "profit" ;D   Also, yes theres only 1 dwarf left and enough food to survive for a year or more. Problem is, the damn dwarf is a noble   ::)
GENERATION -22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

"Someone normal walks down the streets of Seattle and passes the train station, when with a sudden roar a mob appears, bursting out the station doors, crying "Hail Armok! Hail Today One! Hail Dwarf Fortress!" And the city of Seattle shall know true fear. " -PTTG?

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2009, 10:02:31 pm »

Aw Snap.
Well, I suppose I have the envied position of putting this beast out of it's misery.
But perhaps we can survive, though we won't get any immigrants past the roaming lava waves. I wonder if a water-based flood would work?

Well, nonetheless, I will take up leadership again. No way we're going back to an old save, though?
Shall I abandon and reclaim?

I don't know.  We're getting to the end of the list.  I say just power on through.  Sorry if your turn sucks because you have no dwarves.

You can be assured that you will get a massive noble migrant wave in a bit.

If the place is permaflooded, we have to revert.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2009, 05:35:11 pm »

Eh, sign me up as well. Also note, that I have never used the 2D version before so.. yeah...

I shall ruin it before I'm done...
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2009, 02:45:35 pm »

Eh, sign me up as well. Also note, that I have never used the 2D version before so.. yeah...

Too late to ruin it.
that happened a few turns ago.
I think Dadamh is cursed to make monster-forts that just won't die.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:02 pm »

Too late to ruin it.
that happened a few turns ago.
I think Dadamh is cursed to make monster-forts that just won't die.

Then I will ruin it again.

Sans context.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »

A few turns ago?  Surely I did not actually kill it?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2009, 03:23:47 am »

this looks awsome! sign me up for a go at this. also hahahahahahahahaha lol it sounds like you have a permaflood and a permaantiflood where its flooding and antiflooding in waves and some part of you map allows it to repeat.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #339 on: March 08, 2009, 09:02:24 pm »

Look, there are roving clumps of sentient lava outside, and the only surviving dwarf is a noble who has mandated the construction of crowns and clear glass items to the empty halls. This isn't going to get better, as even any immigrants would be killed by the lava. Permission to abandon and reclaim? or perhaps kill the noble first?

If I do, do I start the new save, or somebody else?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 08, 2009, 09:14:33 pm »

Look, there are roving clumps of sentient lava outside,
Intruiging.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #341 on: March 08, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »

Id Landsyrups, the Governor of Powerwork, walked the deep, quiet halls. She was estatic; she had plenty of food, though no booze, and no annoying paperwork.

She wandered down to the river and had a drink. To the south, she could have seen the steam of endless waves of lava cooling in the river, but she did not care to look. She returned to her palatial room, a room grand despite the thick carpet of discarded dross and stone rubble. Visible over this, however, was the wall-to-wall work of one with far too much time on one's hands. Hundreds of stone bracelets, stacked in teetering towers, filled the chamber.

She gazed happily at the mounds of hand-made jewelry- made by hands that are now, of course, burned to ash- and turned to leave once again to stalk the halls and find a new trinket, or perhaps a bite to eat.

Oddly, the door was stuck. Oh well, one of the servants would be along to fix it soon. Perhaps the peasant could clean up this mess here, too. She couldn't get her hands dirty doing menial labor, of course. She did not even think of the condition of the servants- though if she saw them she might feel they where rather dirty indeed.

She paced back and forth in her chambers, gazing happily on her many fine bracelets.
She began to organize them.

In her room, she realized that her polite requests for a proper crown- she's a Governor, after all- and for some nice clear glass baubles, had been ignored. she was rather annoyed by this, but all in all still quite fine.

She decided that it was really only fair that if she couldn't have a crown, nobody could- so she informed everyone who was listening that crowns would now cost 149% of what they formerly did. This was highly unlikely to disturb anyone, however.

She paced some more and beamed at the piles of detritus and bracelets.
Perhaps soon after, she became hungry.

She sat in the corner, speaking, muttering idle chatter and veiled threats at the stonecrafter who stayed on the wall, holding his newly-crafted scepter high above. Perhaps she realized in some portion of her mind that the stonecrafter was in fact washing around in liquefied ash along the floor of some still orange-glowing hallway. She did not seem to, though,

After a while, he began to tell her about the wonderful new thing he had invented- it was a combination of a Crown, a Scepter, and a delicious roast. She mandated seven of them and waited for the caravan in the north wall to deliver them.

She was soon even hungrier.
What a Fine Cabinet that is-, she thought.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 11:43:32 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2009, 06:07:43 am »

Lava outside?

Permaflooding?

If that's the case, revert to the previous good save.  Sorry to Kiri, but we can't continue in a permaflooded fort.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:52 am »

Surely the next person can try to just ride it out?  Just keep obliterating migrant waves until the Governess dies, then reclaim.  An end like that is too awesome to just pop off into the ether.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2009, 02:22:53 pm »

Am I on the list of players yet? It dosn't look like it...

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32