Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49282 times)

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2009, 12:17:31 am »

There is no way that possibly makes sense. none at all.

I mean, even if i uploaded the wrong file, i don't think i actually had 1054, looking at the schedule the first one i had was 1055, so it'd be 1056.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2009, 01:36:09 am »

What.

The.

Fuck.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2009, 07:50:25 am »

What.

The.

Fuck.
Yeah, pretty much what I said.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2009, 05:35:46 pm »

Are you sure you're using the correct file?  Delete all the old ones and download it again to be certain.  Other than that, I have no idea.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2009, 05:38:14 pm »

Delete all the old ones and download it again to be certain.
I had freshly downloaded the version, so there weren't any old ones.  But I'll try that.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »

Wait.  The latest save DOES go to 1054.  Looks like the save is screwed.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:01 pm »

Oh,  foxtrot uniform charlie kilo!
Just so I remember

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2009, 10:30:09 am »

I found the problem.

Looks like the latest upload was from the saves folder, not the save folder.

So it was my download from the first year i had.

oh, and the dffd has crashed on me when i try to upload it.

EDIT: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=821
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 02:40:35 pm by (name here) »
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2009, 04:45:30 pm »

-DIARY OF LEGOLORD
DATE: !$#%^ERROR 12TH GRANITE @#%#$@#ERROR 1061

“This is on right?  Good.  I have arrived deep inside the fortress Powerwork, far in the past.  My time machine lays where it was in the future; in an abandoned mechanic’s workshop.  Only now it’s only just been built.  I now move closer to the entrance to find out just who’s in charge . . .” -VOICE LEGOLORD

“Hey you!” -VOICE UNKOWN
   “Ah!  Could you tell me just who’s in charge here?  I’ve only just arrived, see, and-”
   “Aye?  An’ how’d ya get past those elves?  Naw, don’t matter.  No one’s in charge here, lad.  The last leader cracked an’ joined the fortress guard.”
   “Well then it’s your lucky day!  I happen to have quite a bit of experience directing minio- er, I mean, fortresses.”
   SUSPICION DETECTED
   “Really now?  Well then how about ye go an’ sort out this Elf problem we’ve been havin’, eh?”
   DANGER.  RECOMMEND RALLYING OF MILITARY.
   “Go find any marksdwarves you can and tell them they are to be stationed at the entrence.  Then I’ll get to work on sorting out food and jobs.  Right now, I’m going to take a look at the floorplan of the fort.  Where’s the mayor’s office?”
   DIRECTION LOGGED.  UNKNOWN DWARF POINTED DOWN HALL.
   “It’ll say mayor on it” COMMENT NOTED
   *step, step, step . . . *
   “Shut up Igor.”
   FRUSTRATION DETECT–
    POWERING DOWN.

I’ll think I’ll just right manually from this point on.

14th Granite, 1061
   The melee military has engaged the elves.  However, all the elves happen to be elite bowmen.  So far two military and two civilians have been killed.  Dodok the swordmaster has been injured.  An axedwarf nearly managed to reach the lead elf before falling unconcious from the rain of arrows.

part I
part II

16th Granite
   The squad formerly led by Dodok has been reduced to five dwarves.  All is as it should have been so far.  There were many casualties on our side, also according to history.  Many of them were cats, forunately.  The elves fled with no casualties; they had merely ran out of arrows.  The history books don’t mention that part.

Hahahahaha!  At last!
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2009, 03:40:34 am »

Ffffffff

Your predecessors were gracious enough to leave you a magma cannon, and you waste dwarven lives fighting elves?

Also, good to hear you got it working.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »

Ffffffff

Your predecessors were gracious enough to leave you a magma cannon, and you waste dwarven lives fighting elves?

Also, good to hear you got it working.
Well, there were a lot of dwarves working in the magma cannon at the time.  And besides, it got rid of some cats.
Just so I remember

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2009, 06:20:19 pm »

Seriously, if for whatever reason you need to fight things without resorting to the magma cannon, use the fortifications and the marksdwarves.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2009, 09:01:14 pm »

Er . . . how long does it take for the magma to start receding when it's been turned off?
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2009, 09:45:27 pm »

Diary of LegoLord, 1061
   17th Granite
   Ambush!  Curse the forest!  The elves have returned!  All dwarves have been ordered indoors. 

18th Granite
   Three marksdwarfs and a carpenter have already died.

19th Granite
   After finding the lever to the magma cannon, it was activated.  Most of the elves have escaped, but some should die from this.  Unfortunately a kitten, a fisherdwarf, and the Governer were in that tunnel at the time.  They won’t be missed.  All that matters is that the elves die.  That is what my history book tells me.

20th
   A farmer was killed by an elf shooting through the fortifications.  Oh well.  It’s distracting it, so all is well.  Name Here is also acting like a little baby, throwing a tantrum.  The elf shooting at the fortifications was later burned by the magma flows.  Curiously, all the used bolts and gold coins and corpses are not burning.  In other news, one of my fellow mechanics had his throat shot out.  I have to wonder about that.  If they are so against killing, just how do they get so good at it?  The cannon will be shut off tomorrow.

So yeah, I'm a little worried that I might have made a permaflood with magma.  I haven't saved yet though, so if you can give me an answer to my previous post it would be great.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:04 pm »

Aw, fudge.  I have to save it now.  School tomorrow.  Grr.  I hope this doesn't go screwy.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32