Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49268 times)

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2009, 06:24:26 pm »

I unhappened it. fire and 2D go together poorly.

And yes, we are on a knife-edge with regards to food. i've got just enough to feed the population, not enough to stockpile.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2009, 07:48:12 pm »

3rd granite

We have a wealth of iron, steel, precious metal, and coins.

Rectifying the excess of iron and steel bars and shortage of armor now

7th granite

The guildmaster demands brass bars

15th granite

Magma superweapons fix only one problem, but they do so very well.

Pull the lever!

20th granite

Lava takes a while to work. But it’s cleared up now.

5th slate

Migrants and nobles!

13th slate
We’re starting to get a slight amount of food as the crops start coming in, and I’ve expanded the fish processing and butchering to increase food stocks.

16th slate

Lizardmen! This is why we need an internal defense force, people.
gladly, except for a dog no one was hurt.

Food stockpiles have begun to exist.

EDIT: into early summer now, i've started brewing but my booze stocks are dropping fast. gladly, that's not critical.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:55:46 pm by (name here) »
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 08:34:03 pm »

Are you mad?!  Booze stocks dropping?!  NONONONONOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:09 pm »

4th malachite

The humans have come and traded. More booze!

11th limestone

Thief! Military to arms! Also, merchants

17th limestone

SNATCHER!

23rd limestone

Another snatcher. He grabbed a kid but was crossbowed down.

1st sandstone

I’ve decided to make the expensive tomb of one of the former rulers of this place into a sealed vault for current and future leader’s tombs. I was tempted to link the lever for the drawbridges to the doors, but then I realized that that would make entry impossible, so I’m installing a different lever.

1st opal

I’ve decided to begin a project to channel through and parallel to the river in an effort to murder as many min-  protect against invasion during the winter months.

7th obsidian

Wow, the miner murder campaign was more effective than I could possibly have hoped. I guess they were depressed.

28th obsidian

The miners are mostly dead, hopefully this will keep future rulers from unleashing disco from it’s pit within the earth. I shall retire as a lazy fortress guard, to keep us safe from a riot that is the only threat except disco, lava beasts, and excess testosterone that we need fear.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2009, 10:41:04 am »

Wait, did you kill all the miners just to do it?

Well, anyway, thanks for finishing a turn!  We have a poor completion percentage.  Next up is Sukasa.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:18 am »

Aight, I'm actually here this time.  My laptop's being repaired and I'm due to have it back later today, so I'll download asap.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2009, 12:57:37 pm »

Sorry for the delay.  Got the file, going to start it fairly soon

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2009, 05:00:37 pm »

You know, I think I'd like to try again.  Maybe I'll get past the 14th day next time.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »

Eh, sorry guys.  Got a huge set of projects from university that started eating up my time, and I can't finish this in any decent timeframe.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2009, 07:50:56 am »

Eh, sorry guys.  Got a huge set of projects from university that started eating up my time, and I can't finish this in any decent timeframe.

Ok, Sukasa, We'll skip you then.  Let's see, Eita is next, though they are currently taking a turn in the Eternal Halls.  I suppose we'll delay that again and go straight to Legolord.  Good luck!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2009, 07:53:23 am »

Whoa, hang on a sec.  Maybe we should wait a bit and see.  Eita might be able to take both, and maybe not.  Let's see what he says first.
Just so I remember

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2009, 06:36:14 am »

Whoa, hang on a sec.  Maybe we should wait a bit and see.  Eita might be able to take both, and maybe not.  Let's see what he says first.

Well, I asked last week, when the same thing happened, an Eita said to postpone Nostalgia for Eternal Halls.  However, Eternal Halls is done so I'll post in that thread and see what's up.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »

Legolord, how about you play a turn, then I'll go after? I'm going to play around with 23a first so I don't blow everything up.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:40 pm »

Okay.  I'll just post an update for my community fort and then I'll get started on that.

Edit:  Crap, not again.  Something's wrong.  I generated the new world and copied the old save over that, but the only options when I open it are "start playing" "create new world" and "quit."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:19:17 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32