Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49248 times)

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2008, 11:26:19 pm »

...Wait.. flooding the room in magma wouldn't result (eventually) in a room that contained no bed but rather only a stone floor and maybe some ashes (neither of which would be on fire)?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2008, 11:49:25 pm »

...Wait.. flooding the room in magma wouldn't result (eventually) in a room that contained no bed but rather only a stone floor and maybe some ashes (neither of which would be on fire)?

You've not played 2d then. Beds (In building form or not) catch fire and burn damn near indefinitely. Along with most other items.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:18 am »

You've not played 2d then. Beds (In building form or not) catch fire and burn damn near indefinitely. Along with most other items.

So remove everything else but the coins - does forbidding coins work?

Or just never use that room again. I never said it'd be _easy_.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2008, 09:20:56 am »

So remove everything else but the coins - does forbidding coins work?

This would be easier to explain if you have played 2d.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2008, 11:21:07 am »

2D doesn't have forbidding.

also, coins are how you turn on the economy, but the bookkeeper mandates more.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2008, 06:16:25 pm »

flood the fortress with magma, put a switch outside to stop magma. reclaim.
i think this can be done

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2008, 06:49:01 pm »

i cant play ive tried everything skip me please
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2008, 07:30:03 pm »

I can't start tonight, but I should be able to get it done before sunday.  I'll go ahead and post my intro.

-DIARY OF LEGOLORD, DATE UNKNOWN-

"Haha!  Success!  The time machine worked!  I am now standing in front of Powerwork, one of the greatest forts of all time!  And this time I'm not being chased out by the RBI (Royal Bureau of Investigation).  In my time, I had attempted to dig out Adamantine in that fortress, which was punishable by death since 1780, after the fall of Doomedpeople.  But now I should easily be able to get someone to dig the stuff out, assuming their is nothing inhibiting the progress.  I ambushed some guy earlier, and found a letter declaring him the next overseer of the place.  By a staggering coincidence, he has the same name as me.  We even look alike, so this should be a piece of dwarven bread.  I am about to enter Powerworks . . . WHAT THE-"

-END RECORDING-

Umm . . . I just tried looking at the fort, and I think we have a rotten save, or possibly a rotten upload.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:36:42 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2008, 09:17:10 pm »

What's up with the "please enter" and "premium download" stuff?  They afraid of that stuff getting stolen XD
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:52 pm »

What's up with the "please enter" and "premium download" stuff?  They afraid of that stuff getting stolen XD

They're afraid of bots using all their bandwidth with no hindrance(in verification code form).

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2008, 09:25:04 pm »

They're afraid of bots using all their bandwidth with no hindrance(in verification code form).
Ah, okay.  Well, it's still not working for some reason.
Just so I remember

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2008, 09:35:56 pm »

Are you using the right version of the game? It is working perfectly fine for me. Fresh install and everything.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »

Are you using the right version of the game? It is working perfectly fine for me. Fresh install and everything.
Yep, I've got the right version.  I don't know whats going on.  It's listed under saves as region one, but when I open the game, the only options are quit and create new world now.
Just so I remember

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:35 pm »

Delete the save, make a new world, delete everything in the new world's save folder and replace it with the stuff inside the uploaded save's folder, then put the .sav file in the save folder. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32