Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49271 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:36 pm »

If you're going back to my save, Make Sure You Finish The Second Trade Depot, so we don't get it flooded again.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2009, 09:49:10 pm »

Permafloods do not allow reclaims.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2009, 09:23:21 am »

IIRC, the locations of the liquids are reset during reclaim, so the permaflood should be gone.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2009, 01:07:28 pm »

Well, one way or annother, i'm getting crashes on reclaims, so we HAVE to go back a step. I'm done with my turn, anyway.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2009, 04:58:36 pm »

Okay, i picked it up and am working on it.

Out of curiousity, did my tomb-vault survive the magma flow unpenetrated?
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2009, 12:19:05 pm »

1st hematite

The previous ruler went nuts and started rambling about a time machine accident three seasons earlier than expected. I'm to take over until the new arrival shows.

10th hematite:

Humans. Magma superweapons. TWO GREAT THINGS THAT GO GREAT TOGETHER.

Okay, I’m kidding. The bridge isn’t past the make sure there is a channel phase anyway.

6th malachite

BOOZE! THE HUMANS BROUGHT DWARVENLY LARGE AMOUNTS OF IT!

Oh, and some thieves tried robbing us and  some snatchers dropped by. But anyway, BOOZE!

15th malachite

I’m assigning additional planters and have set to rendering fat. Some dude started chanting in a language older than the stars about how the living ice fire will devour us all. I’m hoping he’ll snap out of it.

(second entry)

It seems most of the farmers are busy hauling. I told them to stop.

5th galena

What madness is this?

Dwarves planting things that are neither sweet pods nor plump helmets? They’ll destroy us all!

9th galena

The ice fire dude has calmed down after making a sweet robe. It has nothing to do with ice or…

Wait, I see something moving in it’s now existent depths. It... I…

Ph’nglui mglw ‘nafh Cthullu R‘lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 15, 2009, 09:10:34 pm »

10th limestone

I’m finally free of a nightmare from beyond reality. It had sandwiches. While demons were tempting me with chips, the dwarven caravan arrived.

17th limestone

There was a tragic magma accident caused by… I’m going with demonic attack here. We weren’t even doing anything with magma

8th sandstone

Okay, that’s two magma-related deaths now. I’ve begun searching for a likely murderer.

9th sandstone

I’ve found what looks to be the site of death: the aquaduct over the chasm, with 18 dwarven bones and two dwarven skulls.

15th sandstone

A carpenter has been seized by the fey.

5th timber
Some dwarves were witnessed drinking from the cave river due to booze shortage. Condition meter is at yellow 1, internal.

Possible multiple murderer on the loose, piles of wounded, some recently missed mandates, and now no booze. At least it can’t possi-

(remainder of page is covered by scribbles as if someone hit the writer to keep him from finishing the sentence)

Anyway, we are now at boozecon 1.

On a happier note, I am proud to announce our first champion.

I'd been planning to make more of the artifact of doom, but i couldn't build or engrave a pentagram shape i liked, so i just made it into a lame joke about how i'd accidently left DF running while i went to subway for lunch.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2009, 03:24:58 pm »

5th moonstone

Oops, the fey carpenter has gone berserk

I could mobilize the military, but I think I’ll watch this play out.

(second entry)

I’ve never seen berserk dwarves run before now. The captain of the guard was nearby.

9th moonstone

Goblins.

Fire the superweapon.

(second entry)

The icefire spoke and said that I must not permit lesser fires to enter through the open front doors, and thus cannot rely upon the weapon until someone gets rid of the bat leather shirt jamming the door open.

The might of dwarves must hold the line, again.

Stupid things getting wedged in doors.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2009, 08:58:12 am »

Seems like the turn is going fairly well, if it's still going.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2009, 03:45:18 pm »

18 moonstone

That went poorly.

The marksdwarves were mostly taking breaks, the champion bought it to a very lucky crossbow bolt, then the next wave pounded most non-marksdwarf soldiers to a bloody pulp using crossbows before I drafted the fort and flung them at the problem.

The melee forces must be reinforced and there is no source to draw from. The fortress guard has many well-trained soldiers, but they’re mostly marksdwarves or confined to bed. I’ve decided to draw mostly from the masons of the fort, since we have plenty and they’re all actually worth something already.

23rd moonstone

It is my sad duty to report that two malcontents have been causing severe trouble in the fortress, one a murderer.

The murderer shall be arrested, and the vandal has an appointment with the hammerer. It should be the other way around, I think.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=908

I;m beginning to suspect that our constant food/booze shortages are because when we brew lots over the winter, food stocks crash and we stop brewing to compensate.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2009, 08:20:48 am »

Thanks, (name here), that's another completed year.

This place is more and more Boatmurdered death cycle style.  It seems there's just no way to keep it stable.

Anyway, next up is ChazzyBurger.

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 21, 2009, 03:16:37 pm »

ahh, its my turn... well, i'll have it started by monday unless there is a way of extracting zip files on vista 
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2009, 07:08:12 pm »

Vista doesn't come with an unzipper program?  XP did.

That's... odd.  Going backwards with compatibility.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2009, 07:56:58 am »

Just download 7zip or a free versionnof winrar.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 24, 2009, 03:00:03 am »

Nah, it's fine, I'll be able to get it extracted today at school, and should also start today, I'm going to have some kind of race through it to finish it in time.

Vista does have a unzip function, but it's only for the default zip setting, my dad changed that, so whenever I try, It opens up in a notepad document...

It's not very good to be honest :S
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32