Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Simple as that. Mark the operating system you use the most.

Windows Vista
- 8 (18.6%)
Windows XP
- 24 (55.8%)
Other windows
- 1 (2.3%)
OS X
- 3 (7%)
Linux
- 5 (11.6%)
Other *nix
- 1 (2.3%)
OS/2 LOLOL (AKA not on this list)
- 1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Operating system of choice?  (Read 4634 times)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operating system of choice?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 09:07:48 am »

I have Vista on my Computer. Its kinda annoying, but I've gotton used to it, and I can't be bothered to pay for and install Xp.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:27 am »

Be Wary! XP is only sold (legally  ::)) until 2008. Or 2009?
After that, we must upgrade to vista (URGH! :eat blanket).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:41 am »

Like that'll stop people.  Besides, they're coming out with a new OS.  Windows 7, which is lame.  I would've called it Windows Cappuccino, or Windows Mocha. We've got to get back some of those trendy people who all went over to Mac when the "I'm Mac, and I'm PC" commercials came out.

You know who I'm talking about, the yuppies in Starbucks, typing on their Macs, drinking coffee?  I have one of them at my school, although he's trying to put Linux on his Fall of Rome-Era Laptop.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 11:42:33 am »

Like that'll stop people.  Besides, they're coming out with a new OS.  Windows 7, which is lame.  I would've called it Windows Cappuccino, or Windows Mocha. We've got to get back some of those trendy people who all went over to Mac when the "I'm Mac, and I'm PC" commercials came out.

You know who I'm talking about, the yuppies in Starbucks, typing on their Macs, drinking coffee?  I have one of them at my school, although he's trying to put Linux on his Fall of Rome-Era Laptop.

I have only one thing to say to those trendy bastards:

I have a beard.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 11:50:26 am »

I use my Powerbook G4 for all internet surfing and download, music etc.
I do however have an older Windows XP computer that I use for DF and other games and programs that do not run on Macs. I realize that DF now is multi-platform, and that it runs better on my Mac. But, there is something about playing it on that old PC that just makes me feel good. Maybe it's because I've always played it that way, I dunno. But if I play it on this laptop, I don't get the dwarfy feel. The only other thing that enhances my DF experience is an oil radiator, or at least the smell of it. I started playing DF last winter, and our heater broke. So, there was an electric oil radiator in my room. That strange, musty smell always reminds me of DF and warms my heart. Just thought I'd share.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 12:00:34 pm »

They're already replacing Vista? That's not good.

I bet Windows 7 is a temporary name though.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 01:15:41 pm »

Woo! Linux all the way!

All right. I keep a windows installation on both my desktop and my laptop, and it's what I usually use on my desktop, but for websurfing, MUDing, and various other things, I use Linux. Thus, I use Linux mostly, at least on my laptop. I only boot into windows to play the occasional game. I just got my laptop all nice and set up, so I'm not sure I want to bother installing Wine on it, as that always leads to screwing around with new graphics drivers, which invariably causes me the screw up my X.Org, which is a huge pain the ass...

Oh, and it should be noted that when I do use Windows (Such as right now, for some reason) I use XP. None of this Vista bullshit for me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:18:30 pm by Tahin »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »

Heh. I hate people like that. You should tell him about Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Linux Mint. They're crazily easy to use and install.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »

Hm. About 78% windows users. That's actually about how much I expected. I wonder what the other OS is for the person who answered "other"...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 09:20:30 pm »

Apple. He/she must be using old-apple!

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »

My current iteration is XP SP3, and another with XP SP2. Ive worked with Linux and Mac, and at one point made a bastardization of a computer... XP, Vista, Leopard, Red Hat Linux and Slackware. I put it all on an 80-Gig (Read: 64.6 Gig) Hard-drive with an Intel board... good times... good times...
Pages: 1 [2]