Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135067 times)

Jakkarra

Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #510 on: June 08, 2009, 05:05:24 pm »

over 9000??!?!?!??!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:02 pm »

Oh, Sausage, yes you can. Not that I have authority here (I don't even take part), but the general concensus for the rules seem to be:

1: Current players says "I'm done!"
2: First to post he's doing the next turn is doing the next turn.

'Course, nothing stopping you from just getting the latest save and messing about with it. As it won't be 'canon', it wouldn't be on the regular schedule.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 08, 2009, 06:51:05 pm »

sweet!
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2009, 06:53:10 pm »

Whoever made Imec whatever the hammerman didn't work on their throwing much.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2009, 07:04:15 pm »

Whoever made Imec the hammerer forgot to give them super-stats so we could recruit an adventuring party right off the bat.

And could somebody tell us what happened to his eye? I'm intrigued.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2009, 07:30:46 pm »

Imec the Hammerer also has only steel stuff.
He got killed pretty much instantly when I was fighting the demon at (I think) Rhymetrades, or something like that. He could dodge/block the fireball/firebreath easy, but melee combat against the demon really hurts him.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 08, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »

Whoever made him should be proud. I ran across that goblin tower's entire population. I engaged them, took out four of their champions and 3 elite wrestlers before those archers mortally wounded him.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 09, 2009, 10:59:34 pm »

I was going to finish visiting all the fortresses before I posted here, but I was just messing around in Rhymetraded and holy crap was that fun. Spoilered just in case someone hasn't been there yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if I'm up to snuff on the ability to contribute an actual fort, but I have noticed there isn't any sort of guide / manual / completed-forts-explanation-thingie. (Unless I completely missed it.) I think a simple map of the currently available forts and a brief blurb about the attraction (be it traps or simply interesting design) of each one would be nice - either an in-universe 'known rumors / history' sort of thing or just a quick rundown of what to expect in as non-spoiler-ie a fashion as possible. Obviously this'd be better if it were from the mouth (fingers, whatever) of the folks who actually did the relevant fort, but that may or may not be possible now.

If nobody has any objections, I could write up a sort of collected rumors thing for each current site (both to avoid spoilers and heighten the sense of immersion, for those of us who enjoy such things) to be stuck into the file as a .txt and/or edited into the first post.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:10 pm »

that sounds grand. i was considering trying this out with caligraphy and ink drawings when this thread first started. back then i was unemployed and had stacks of time. now i have several jobs and my scanner got smashed up, so im not going to be able too. ill try and smarten my act up and get my current fort adventure worthy, as there seems to be a few people who want a go now.

also, the human forest retreat was not there anymore at the start of my turn, aparently it got invaded. im going to fill the last human town with lots of meaty adventurers to try and keep it safe, as well as creating a nice recruit pool. embarking on towns seems to break the shops, so i wont do what i originally wanted, which was beef the town up with a big stone wall and a moat. if enough dwarves get left around the place im hoping they may start up some dwarven civs again.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 10, 2009, 02:19:41 am »

Alright, so assuming your skipping your turn, ill take it now, if that is what you are saying.

EDIT: Ok, so one of my forts I just abandoned because 4 of my peoples get owned by carp, so if you see that one, its not a maze, I think it is in a temperate forest in the east
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:54:16 am by sausage »
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 10, 2009, 05:54:31 am »

sausage, just start over with a fresh download. Nobody is going to remember that. :P

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:12 am »

eh ok, will do

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 10, 2009, 06:41:12 am »

And if you run out of dwarves then you should probably reclaim...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 10, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »

@ Chesire Cat:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that you've got the skills to do such a thing or that you had the willingness to undertake the madness that would be (at least, that I think it would be). I was thinking something along the lines of an ASCII image with the forts highlighted/outlined on it, insofar as maps go. Distinctly less impressive, but perhaps a bit more useful since it'd look the same as in-game.

And damn, the forest retreat croaking would have been bad news for my current adventurer because she stole all the the loot in the human town. (Couldn't be buggered to go through the whole 'actually buying' thing after my first adventurer met the business end of a tentacle demon.)

That leaves only the town and the goblin-fortress-that-seems-largely-inhabited-by-dwarves way up north as the only viable retires spot for adventurers (and the latter is 'deathly cold' so I'm not sure if that would actually work). There's also that weird apparently-abandoned-but-still-has-a-dwarf-or-two-in-it NPC Mountain Halls (Glazebranded) just a few clicks north and west of the human town, but you can't retire there. 

@ sausage:

I don't think anybody's forfeit their turn. Chesire's the current guy, and I just swooped in out of nowhere. Sorry if I confused you with that.

@ whom it may concern:

I was gonna mess around with an idea I had to stick out in the desert, and I can't seem to get Tweak to work with this version. A search of the wiki and the forums turned up nothing, so is there some trick to getting it to work with 40d11? It works fine with my plain 40d from before I 'quit' back in September or so, but it can't seem to find the process whenever I run it out of the Traps and Attractions folder.

--

As a final note, I suppose I'll get on with a text primer to the world - I've visited three forts (Rhymetraded, Cobracanyons, and the one that was actually a goblin fort I can't remember the name of). That leaves about four to go, if memory serves.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2009, 10:23:01 pm »

Would there be any problems with building continuous roads between all the adjacent fortresses?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49