Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135126 times)

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2008, 03:41:45 pm »

I don't think it's possible to use power for anything but millstones and pumps.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2008, 03:51:54 pm »

Then this might take a very long time though :P
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2008, 07:45:39 pm »

Also, my fall onto a staircase thing would have ramps instead of stairs, so you would walk instead of doing shift full stop. It would be awesome.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.parker-portfolio.com
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:03 pm »

*bump*

So Boksi how is your turn going?  No rush or anything  ;)
I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2008, 01:50:40 pm »

*bump*

So Boksi how is your turn going?  No rush or anything  ;)
We have to wait till toady release DF v.1.2! :p

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2008, 09:29:41 am »

so, ive finished fully exploring the two existing sites. ive never gone to so much trouble to get a single adamantium mace, whoever that was. tremendous fun exploring. that inaccessible fort i complained about earlier did have a stupidly obvious entrance i missed somehow, along with a deviously well hidden back door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

anyways, not to be on your case or anything Boski, but im dying to play the next fort that comes out. mucking around in someone elses built area was much more fun then i thought it was going to be, especially the "oh @%$#" moment when i realized i had irrevocably closed the way back, walling my companions off behind me.

something which i would find more fun would be more of a lived in feel. the two built areas present didnt have accessible living and communal spaces. Toady does try to make his world feel alive, so making places that feel lived in or functional in some way would be more interesting. even the pyramids have nearby ruins of the workers quarters.

the other thing is, don't be too clever. puzzles that involve throwing switches then marching across the map to see if something has happened are not fun, at least, not for me. If things are going to be ludicrously well hidden, then write a cryptic text file or something that can masquerade as an old peice of paper your adventurer starts with, and send it on with the save. if your doing tricky water puzzles it may be a good idea to do adequate drainage with floor grates and underground spaces absolutely everywhere it is possible for someone to accidentally flood.

last thing - that brook that dropped into a giant canyon was crazy awesome. it went nearly to the bottom of the map and changed to "muddy brook" in its description. i didn't know the game had natural features like that, though you can only see it in adventure mode if you jump off the edge.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2008, 10:22:04 am »

So no La-Mulana fortress?

But yes, you will find my forts being small sites, which look like normal houses or towns, mines or farms. But if you travel downwards, you would find some small, not terribly difficult trap and a bit of loot.

Perhaps I will make one place that looks like a normal fortress in it's first few years, with the exception of EVERY door having magma behind it. Don't tempt me. I'll do it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2008, 09:16:41 pm »

omg that floodgate thing is brilliant. extra points to the guy who built it. but should of put, if possible, an area filled with animal cages, releasing wolves, dragons, bronze collosus... and a way back

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2008, 11:13:23 pm »

there was a variety of levers that could have opened the floodgates, i didnt end up trying them all as they were far off and i didnt feel like walking back and forth. also i sortof flooded one of the corridoors leading to a bunch of them nearly to the top, and unless you are playing a frogman or something you start drowning as soon as you get a rock ceiling above you. also, the floodgate thing was awesome, but may not have been intentional. regardless it was pretty damned cool.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2008, 12:58:14 pm »

Ooh. If I had noticed this sooner, I would have given a tip to make your fortressess faster

Add [SPEED:1] to the Dwarf Creature.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2008, 01:19:57 am »

Can i join in this project?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2008, 08:34:54 am »

i dont think you want to....2 week projects are turning into 2 month ones. or is it 3?

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:44 pm »

Well, of course you can, but don't expect to get the save in the next few days. Or weeks, for that matter.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2008, 05:14:41 pm »

Well, of course you can, but don't expect to get the save in the next few days. Or weeks, for that matter.
Or months.
 Or years, considering how long these things are taking.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 12, 2008, 04:26:39 pm »

Boksi has some really awesome ideas, but he's taking extremely long.
I hate to do this, but if he doesn't post anything in this thread in the next three days, he gets skipped, okay?
Someone should write him a PM. I'm using the DS Browser which is pretty damn annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49