Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135143 times)

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2008, 02:08:49 am »

I WOULD ALSO LIKE A GO AT THIS.

DWARVEN ORBITAL CANNON GO GO GO.
LOL
I am not kidding.

When my turn comes around I am totally doing this.
Tibbles will be the first to discover DF orbital travel.

Not if I do first!

Now lets see... All I need is a mountain, a few suckers dwarves and a computer that can handle that.
Protip:Embark Anywhere, Mountain Peak, build a drawbridge at the highest point.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2008, 02:09:34 am »

In fact i will do this right now as to create an educational video.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2008, 11:23:47 am »

Thats more of an orbital catapult. I'm thinking of a grander project:

Step 1: Pave the sky.
 Step 2: Construct understructure scaffolding.
 Step 3: Build floor sections supported only by supports, not ajacent walls/floors.
 Step 4: Link to levers in a control room.
 Step 5: Take a coffee break, perhaps browse Facebook.
 Step 6: Is that a fox?
 Step 7: LAUNCH ALL PLATFORMS 5A THROUGH 7D!
 STEP 8: *Cackle*
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:07 pm »

Quoted for awesome.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »

Quoted for awesome.

With superdwarves and glass, this won't be much of a problem. Considering everything, it will likely be the least difficult part of the whole thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:14 pm »

Then comes figuring out the point of a skyway. Be sure to bring plenty of food, it'll be just like tunnel travelling. DWARVEN ORBITAL CANNON FTW!!!

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »

Then comes figuring out the point of a skyway. Be sure to bring plenty of food, it'll be just like tunnel travelling. DWARVEN ORBITAL CANNON FTW!!!

So do tunnels exist in the current version of DF? I'd heard about them, but I tried embarking on a goblin fortress and there were no tunnels (one would expect them to be reachable from the fortress and thus revealed on embark) - if so, how do you find them?

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2008, 10:48:03 am »

i desperately want in on this. i allways design my fortresses with adventuring later in mind, my favourite one so far being the giant natural-like cave with waterfalls, a river, and big stalactites and stalagmites that had drawbridges crossing them. i had mined out some adjacent ore veins and left all the scafolding there which looked great. also, the fortress sunk down past one side of the cavern, and living areas and apartments had windows opening out onto it.

dissapointed that pressure plates dont work in adventure mode. i really wanted to do a room that locked you in, and forced you to play noughts and crosses or some other simple puzzle game against the clock for your own survival or be doused in magma/collapsed into a chasm. ive tried this sort of silliness before with crazy water systems and pressure plates, networked all through the fort. this might just maybe still be achievable using waterwheels that get turned on or off and make stuff happen...

anyways, ADD ME TO THE LIST!!

right now i am unemployed, poor, and subsequently have no life that might get in the way. give me a few days or a week and i will happily add several sites to your map, of varying difficulty and crazyness.

also, im assuming that when you mod in goblins as a playable race, go and create a fortress with them and then abandon it with all the goblins still inside it they hang around? because that would be nice. facing a bunch of champion goblin macemen in quality steel plate would be stupidly neat.

i also like the idea of embarking on existing towns and adding more buildings and things. like catacombs, sewers with running water, and great big towers.

so, sign me up, the sooner i get onto this the better, before i find a job and lose all this delicious free time i have. guaranteed to get it done really fast and have it back pronto.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2008, 02:13:33 pm »

Hello again, guys! We moved houses recently, so I didn't have internet for the last two weeks. But finally, FINALLY, I'm back for good! Well, maybe for bad, but we'll see. ;D
Cheetar, how's it going? I haven't read anything about your progress recently and... Ah, I see now. You're not doing it. Well then, I guess, it's Sareth's turn. I didn't read anything by him recently, so it's PM time then.
Cheshire Cat, that sounds terribly awesome! You're in!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2008, 02:15:59 pm »

What, no mention of me?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »

What, Sareth skipped, too and I didn't notice it? Duuuh, I'm stupid. >_< Well then, I guess, it's your turn. Sorry for that.
I'd be quite happy if people would write in this thread whether they skip their turn or not...

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2008, 02:26:29 pm »

Well, I really just assumed. Anyway, I've used over TWO THOUSAND MAHOGANY BLOCKS. I'm not stopping now.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2008, 09:21:56 pm »

im interested in what a structure made of 2000 mahogany blocks would do if you set it on fire. make sure you save, if invaders are on and you get a stray dragon things could go nastily.

in the interest of getting my turn faster, why are people waiting around for migrants and stuff? use tweak and give yourself 50 starting dwarves with uber skills and a million blocks/bars of whatever you need to use to build your monstrosity. also tweak can be used to add things like rivers and magma and stuff. useful for getting through an aquifer, dropping a blob of magma on it.

temperature was turned off wasn't it? i hope this means that if it gets turned back on boksi's ninth wonder of the world wont spontaneously combust or something. temperature can be nice, having water freeze on you can be important for ice constructions and other such things in the frozen wastes. traps that drop blocks of ice with creatures encased in them is an idea.

to clarify about things in cages - named things which aren't tame stay there? so i can fill cages with evil slavering goblins and unicorns and elephants and things who all get released at the pull of a switch? i can have a giant cave spider fall on the adventurer's head when he/she chooses the wrong door? also, do fish get names? (im obviously thinking carp here..)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2008, 07:46:40 am »

also, do fish get names?
The three bloodthirsty dwarf killers in my river say "Yes".

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2008, 07:58:12 am »

Seeing as temperature doesn't affect walls, I could easily pour magma onto my construction and it'll survive.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49