Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135154 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2008, 07:07:33 pm »

Fun ideas:

1. Lever built so that it drops a doughnut shaped piece of ceiling that cuts through all the floor around you when you pull it.

2. Lever operated puzzle maze made out of narrow pathways built over an infested cave pool.  Preferably with multiple abandoning/reclaiming for increased creature spawns.

4. Test the bridge catapult method for moving across chasms.  Or for flinging treasure into chasms if you pull the wrong one.  Set up a long series of jumps that requires this method of movement.

5. Make an almost entirely underwater section of dungeon that requires you to move strategically from air pocket to air pocket.  Bonus if you have to compete with the local wildlife for them.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2008, 09:35:41 pm »

make sure they are possible. i dont think you can make air pockets....but a series of pressure plates could automatically raise and lower the water...making you stand on platforms before you drown

(if anyone wants to know how to do this just ask)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2008, 09:40:55 pm »

Except pressure plates aren't saved when you return in adventure mode.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2008, 10:55:11 pm »

This might take a while, I'm afraid, especially with my turn with the dwarven madmen too.

This is completely fine so long as we know you're working on something. Take all the time you need, if you're actually building.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »

make sure they are possible. i dont think you can make air pockets....but a series of pressure plates could automatically raise and lower the water...making you stand on platforms before you drown

(if anyone wants to know how to do this just ask)
You can also just keep the water at exactly 7/7 so that breathing is only possible when you line up with holes in the roof.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2008, 01:43:39 am »

o, i didnt realize swimming worked like that. i thought you could breath as long as your swimming was good enough

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2008, 07:42:12 pm »

Thanks to everyone here. I really enjoyed exploring these ruins you made here.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:33:51 pm by Banzayatc »

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2008, 09:00:48 pm »

Thanks to everyone here. I really enjoyed exploring these ruins you made here.

Keep checking back every now and then. More and more things will be added as more and more people complete their turns.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2008, 11:59:39 pm »

how many people have finished so far?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2008, 03:48:43 pm »

how do i play it on adventure mode? i get a message saying "FATAL ERROR missing reaction definition" what does that mean?

EDIT:wel i figured out what it means but i cant seem to find the modded raws in the download? where are they?

EDIT AGAIN: i fixed it but why arent there any dwarves?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:41:55 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »

I would like to Issue a complaint, My name is Hoborobo234 Not HoboRobo234 !!! >:(
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2008, 07:44:48 pm »

Spoiler: +1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +6 (click to show/hide)
I was inspired by this thread and others (underground diversity for one) to create a 'natural' cavern. It only took the lives of 12 dwarves and 36 undead river dwellers. It's a cave with a sunken/lost castle with the majority of the buildings suspended from the roof. There is a couple holes punched into the roof to let some natural light (volumetric lighting...mmm :) ) in.

I would love to submit a copy of all the levels, but the export always crashes my copy of the game.

--

My rp of this fort is that an adventurer was exploring and found this winding cave system with some large deposites of rubies and such, and sold the information to the dwarves, keeping thet secret of the underground city to himself.

The dwarf expedition set up their fortifications and mining, and in doing so broke into this huge cavern with the hidden city. Seeing as it provides a better defense than their own carved ones, they relocated deeper into the mountain, repairing the city where needed. Also, its only a matter of time until the dark elves find them (who are at war with them), the deeper the better.

--

I've yet to take this into adventure mode yet, because i want to play this in Dwarf Mode for a bit. I also planed on 3d modeling it, but studio max seems to be ignoring my best intentions at the moment and refuses to initilize.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2008, 09:47:48 pm »

a big complaint i have for this is that there are no dwarf civs to start out with meaning you have to be a human who probably cant wear even half the treasure you can find in a place  :-\.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:58 am »

We just need to have some people build their forts with the humans set as the controlled civ.

On an aside note: What weapons and armor have been left inside forts already?  I want to leave an artifact but I don't want to make anybody's fort treasure obsolete. 

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2008, 11:43:06 am »

i havent noticed any artifacts but i keep getting killed so i dont know lol  ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49