Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135166 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 05:27:12 pm »

I'm sorry but i can't complete my duties in making a dungeon fort, not enough time for DF. My sincere apologies.

Next...
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »

Looks like I'm up, then... I'll get started probably later tonight. I have a lot of free time, so, I should get it done in less than a few days.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 10:50:44 pm »

Has anyone posted a bug report for weapontraps etc not showing up in adventure mode?

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2008, 01:31:14 am »

Is anyone else having issues trying to load up the world?

I DLed it to take a look at what's been done so far, but I can't get it to load. Looking into the save, I'm thinking it might be because your world file has the extension .dat and DF is looking for .sav

But I may very well be wrong.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2008, 07:53:02 pm »

I'd like to build one of these.

Have to decide if the swimming mechanics are too broken to build a water themed one...
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:04 pm »

I've started, and I have my dwarves modded to work incredibly fast and efficiently. If any experienced modders want to check out my dwarf entry and see if I could make them any more efficient, please do; this is my first time personally modifying the raws, but it seems to work just fine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To whomever added the reactions, thank you! This makes stuff much easier.

EDIT: I had to restart, since I messed some stuff up. There will be another fort somewhere that doesn't have anything interesting in it. I figured it would be a bit more interesting to have something like that than to revert to the original save. If you disagree, make your voice known and I'll just start over from the original save.

EDIT PART DEUX: It seems that the temperature is so high in some places that dwarves consider it dangerous terrain. This is slightly annoying.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:10:04 pm by Spoggerific »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2008, 10:24:17 pm »

On the bright side, adventurers will burn alive in these places.

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2008, 10:51:28 pm »

I've started, and I have my dwarves modded to work incredibly fast and efficiently. If any experienced modders want to check out my dwarf entry and see if I could make them any more efficient, please do; this is my first time personally modifying the raws, but it seems to work just fine.

I'm not an expert, but removing CAVE_ADAPT might help; not much after all the other stuff, but some. Throwing up after spending time in the

Do you swim faster with a low or high SWIM_SPEED?

I'm not sure how to do it, but heat and magma immunity could help working with lava and the heat, and it might be worth finding the tag to remove the need to breathe. Hell, just doing breathe and turning of temperature in init would do the trick for now...

Then again, if these modifications are based on world generation and can't be edited back to sane settings afterwards, you're going to have some godlike dorfs raiding the place for kicks once you're done.
(To work around that, you might be able to make a new "worker" race and hope it doesn't screw with the world much.)

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2008, 11:14:22 pm »

A problem: you can't start as dwarves for an adventurer. This means that you can't use the armor that we make. Any idea how to fix it?

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2008, 05:48:09 am »

A problem: you can't start as dwarves for an adventurer. This means that you can't use the armor that we make. Any idea how to fix it?
[INDIV_ADVENTUREWHATEVERICAN'TREMEMBERTHISTAGEXACTLY]
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2008, 06:29:32 am »

I would like to help, but what do I do? Can anyone whip up a explaination of what to do and how to do it?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2008, 12:48:45 pm »

I would like to help, but what do I do? Can anyone whip up a explaination of what to do and how to do it?

Basically, all you do is make a fortress that would be cool to explore in adventurer mode. Stick in some neat items somewhere for the adventurer to loot, maybe. Create traps via levers. (The 'normal' type of traps from fortress mode, such as stonefall traps, do not work in adventurer mode) Make a cool building that's fun to explore. Maybe a maze. That's all it is.

Also, I've finished my turn, and the savegame is at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=599

You may want to train your adventurer up a little before coming to my fort...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2008, 03:09:14 pm »

There's a way to make it so all the races wear normal armor. Armor sizes are based on a tag. Just clip armor tags off every race and put dwarf ones on.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2008, 04:04:07 pm »

I downloaded the latest save to have a look at this, and I put it in a completely fresh Dwarf Fortress folder. However, it said that it can't start because of missing reaction things.

Basically, I know nothing at all about modding the game. Please can I have step by step instructions to get it working?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2008, 04:16:54 pm »

People, please zip the whole DF folder and not just the save. Thus any edits are transfered over.

It'll make this a LOT easier.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49