Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135021 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #645 on: October 14, 2009, 04:04:55 pm »

If I want to play this on my version of DF what do I need to move over to it?? I tried just the save but got a reaction missing error, I really want to play it but I am used to my tileset and I find the standard one really difficult to understand :P
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2009, 11:50:05 am »

Just copy the graphics section of init.txt and art folders over to the Combined Project copy of DF.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2009, 01:40:58 pm »

Just got it working, had to copyover my Graphics set too. Loving it, but I have to say whoever made the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is a bastard :P
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29:26 pm »

Why? My adventurer did fine there.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2009, 01:41:09 am »

But I just started, saw a dungeon place and went there, and got my spleen ripped out then slowly bled and vomited to death while having my limbs broken one by one :(
Is there anywhere that tells you a summary of all of the dungeons made so far, because I dont fancy reading 44 pages to find it...

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2009, 03:04:20 pm »

Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 16, 2009, 04:47:19 pm »

I don't remember what mine was called, but it's south of the human town, and the fort itself is in the bottom left corner of the territory. It's mostly a puzzle fort, way smaller than I wanted it to be because I was sick at the time. There's not even a ton of treasure in there, but rest assured your spleen will remain intact.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 16, 2009, 07:04:23 pm »

There should be a few like that, if they all have adamantine artefacts and demon pits then it will require hours worth of training before you can do anything and you won't have any gear upgrades to look forward to...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2009, 03:14:50 pm »

Clashedpalace, Incomplete. Only a golden bridge really, with leftover workshops in the northeast. Nothing to see here, honestly.

I guess nobody found the secret entrance that leads to the inside of the golden tower. Not like there's anything in there, sadly. I'd like to finish Clashedpalace when nobody's working on a fort. Need a little time to remember what I had planned for it.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2009, 01:58:35 pm »

This is going to be my first adventure mode game ever. However I only seem to have the options of: starting as a human in play now, resuming as a retired adventurer or starting as a human in some town. I should pick the retired adventurer right? (He is missing his right eye too, which is cool).

Also, if people are having trouble converting to mac, I can upload my conversion.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2009, 04:19:22 pm »

This is going to be my first adventure mode game ever. However I only seem to have the options of: starting as a human in play now, resuming as a retired adventurer or starting as a human in some town. I should pick the retired adventurer right? (He is missing his right eye too, which is cool).

Also, if people are having trouble converting to mac, I can upload my conversion.

How's it working out for you?
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 30, 2009, 03:38:44 pm »

One idea that could be fun is to simply make a 200 dorf fort and train them all as soldiers, and conscript them all right before you abandon the fortress.

All 200 dorf soldiers will pour out into the countryside, wondering around in a group on the world map, so you can hack them apart with an adventurer. There is rarely any better challenge then to fight through an entire dwarven army, especially with ledgendary dwarves with good equipment.

Another idea, there should be a fort with cave river creatures, one built around a cave river. Everytime I see a crowded underground river I have this urge to slice them apart with an axe-weilding adventurer.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:08 pm »

Hum. Will soldiers maintain any semblance of their squads after the fort falls, or is that data just lost?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 31, 2009, 05:22:28 am »

Another idea, there should be a fort with cave river creatures, one built around a cave river. Everytime I see a crowded underground river I have this urge to slice them apart with an axe-weilding adventurer.

I've found that the best way to do this was via reclaims. I multiplied my giant cave spiders fourfold this way. Shame about the hidden magma pipe though.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 01, 2009, 05:59:37 pm »

Hum. Will soldiers maintain any semblance of their squads after the fort falls, or is that data just lost?

No, they don't seem to organize in their old squads, all the members of the fortress are scattered about like you see with all migrant groups on the world map.

Although, game apparently tracks alot of other data. Dorfs will tell you about their family, and will still hold their job descriptions, including the mayor, ect. Cave-adapted dorfs will be nausated and vomiting, some of them will be hauling barrels of booze or food if they were eating when you hit abandon. Also, all of the wardogs and puppies in my fortress were with the group as well.

One champion I attacked was still weilding a backpack she wrestled off somebody before I abonded. She prompty beat my adventurer into an unrecognizable mass with said backpack...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49