Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135045 times)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #570 on: July 10, 2009, 10:48:40 pm »

This dungeon brought to you by Pointlessly Large Excavation Productions (PLEP) and really fast dwarves.  Have a nice day.   :)

The management will take absolutely no responsibility for interactions with inhabitants not wearing the PLEP "Have A Nice Day" Badges.  In the case that such a creature is encountered it is recommended that you drop your weapon and attempt to neutralize it by applying a nice warm hug.  If this fails, a satisfaction associate will be along shortly to loot your equipment and notify your next of kin.

I had an urge to take a new quote for my sig. Now I don't!
... because this particular hilarious quote is too long.

Ahh well, off to the out-of-context thread with ye!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:03 pm »

quick question, are there any artifacts in this world.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 17, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »

Barbarossa are you still doing the map?

By the way, I'll might do a turn after Barbarossa or Grimlocke.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 18, 2009, 12:26:00 am »

quick question, are there any artifacts in this world.
There's apparently an artifact door somewhere, I've been getting a disproportionate amount of engravings of them for otherwise.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2009, 01:10:44 am »

I found an artifact iron flail or something earlier.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 20, 2009, 02:16:00 am »

I'm making a new one now. Ill be done in a few hours so shouldnt inconvenience anyone :)

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 20, 2009, 03:04:11 am »

I put the save file in my newly downloaded DF save file but its not showing up...the region i just genned is saved, but not the one i put in there ? Wth?

EDIT: I'm unable to do it because last poster didnt post his whole freaking DF folder.
PLEASE JUST DO IT. I CANT EVEN FIND THE LAST FULL ZIP

Edit: I keep getting "tileset not found" I dont use tilesets, and i would much appreciate it, if you did not use tilesets as we may not have them / may not like using them. And it will screw up us trying to do anymore. Can you tell me whether im doing something wrong or should i revert to an earlier save?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:36:54 am by alphawolf29 »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 20, 2009, 04:57:07 am »

EDIT: I'm unable to do it because last poster didnt post his whole freaking DF folder.
PLEASE JUST DO IT. I CANT EVEN FIND THE LAST FULL ZIP
The last ZIP is this one by Kishmond. I don't know if it's the full ZIP, but I'll try it out.
Edit: I hate RAR...

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08:27 am »

I tried that one, its the one giving me the tileset error (kind of assumed it wasent the latest though, given the amount of pages inbetween the two)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 21, 2009, 12:46:02 am »

The tileset error can be fixed by changing the tileset path names in the init file to png rather than bmp.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

lemonpieman

• Bay Watcher
  • Maario
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2009, 03:40:38 pm »

Edit: Misread some crap, never mind.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:43:06 pm by lemonpieman »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2009, 05:21:47 pm »

So how many dungeons are we up to now?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 25, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »

Just started Adventuring this world; very fun! After some random deaths to wildlife then demons, I started scumming to enjoy it a bit more. :P

I'd suggest a few things to streamline this a bit more. Some sort of walkthrough for dungeon designers and such so it's easier to understand with a small FAQ on why some errors may come up. I'd also suggest any designers to use Dwarf Companion and other utilities to make their dwarves Legendary in everything and use reveal to make planning easier.

Having duplicate raws for "normal" and "design" modes so people can easily switch between. The default would be "normal", of course. Also, I think it'd be neat as a 'tradition' for designers to make their own Adventurer after they complete their fort. A few rules would be no exploits, savescumming or 'training' with endless throwing, sneaking, swimming, etc. Basically, they make an Adventurer with their name and strike out... see how long they live as the world progresses between each person. Another 'tradition' would be to allow forts to leave behind only one artifact/adamantine equipment; allowing players to collect a 'set' after visiting each. This can be done easily with utilities to force strange moods on any dwarf chosen.

Also, not sure where I read it but it would be very neat to have basic introductions to the dungeons and such.

Some tips that are useful:
Adventurers, try to clear out the area of hostiles before trying to take on the fort. Nothing more annoying than getting wrestled whilst a chamber fills with water and you die from hugging a ratman. Also, use the 'l'ook feature on doors, floodgates, hatches, bridges, etc for mechanisms. That's usually a sign for something scary. Also, never trust locked doors. Or doors in general.

Designers, don't be afraid to make "dummy" levers. Hook up a lever to a bridge then dismantle the bridge. The lever will still have that extra mechanism to be tricky. I believe hatches are unseen when used as ceiling while underground in Adventurer mode. In a certain fort,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even though I was using 'l'ook a lot and consistently switching Z-levels, they didn't show up.

Also, I recommend Designers atomsmash or chasm any leftovers not intended. Definitely dismantle any buildings and such that aren't intended. There was a few forts with tons of stone clutter.. kind of ruins it as I'm constantly thinking "Oh god! Where's the 1 tile garbage zone?!' The rampant stones also tend to cover up whatever may be on the ground.

Anyway, been quite fun discovering things. :D

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 25, 2009, 05:48:22 pm »

One question before I start thinking I should play this or not,
Can I import characters from this world i made and he has the magical blue armor that is worth millions? If not back to the drawing board.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 26, 2009, 01:55:22 am »

Could someone spoil Cobracanyon? Ventured through entirely without a worry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49