Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135064 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:37 pm »

Party = some sort of gathering involving some form of scantily clad women and some form of intoxicating beverage.  Lighthouses are great places to be.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2009, 05:39:24 am »

OMG i stuck [SPEED:1] on my dwarves to hurry things up and aid in getting rid of the mass of chasm creatures roaming the surface. my fearless painless dwarves would homocidally go around gathering herbs and digging little shafts while getting bitten to death by naked mole dogs.

the only time i see my dwarves now is when they stop to do a job. they pop into existance, build a section of wall or floor at normal speed, then dissapear again. it is amazing.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2009, 05:50:10 am »

Y'know, you can actually make them twice as fast by replacing [SPEED:1] with [SPEED:0].

The number given for their speed value is actually the number of turns they wait before taking another turn (it's odd, I know, but it has the advantage of making DF both turn-based and real-time).

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:54 am »

that... sounds insane. also, this df 40d11 is considerably faster for me. loading the same map in plain old 40d for 3d screenshots makes it go very much slower. the only lag i get is when i mass dump a huge section of stone or make a new stockpile. the game pauses for around 5 seconds, i guess while all the paths are calculated, then suddenly the stockpile or are of stones starts to fill or empty at the speed of light, with dwarves wiking in and out of existance as they pick things up or drop them off. the same with mining.

just starting construction of the dam, and looking at making a big skull out of one of the mountain peaks that will overlook it. interestingly there are red gems right where the eyes would be, not sure if i will leave them there yet. if people feel i am taking too long i can stop at any point and upload what i have, its a reasonably interesting fort near a chasm that breaks the surface, though i am yet to start creating any interesting items. i think i will reclaim with some humans to make human sized armor, if i have to mess with dwarves size and stout tag then i will probably end up doing something weird. like a fort full of minotaur sized armor.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2009, 12:05:56 pm »

Bamp'd from 3rd page!

How's your turn going, Cheshire?

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 05, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »

Just a suggestion, but maybe someone should try breeding dragons-then turning them all hostile with Dwarf companion. Would make for one epic fort if you can get them to all stay in there.

Edit: If you have any dragons left, I might actually like to try making a dragon death-trap for visitors. Fight your way through fifty named, hostile dragoncs.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:12:51 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2009, 10:46:57 pm »

my turn is going blarg. ive got such a silly amount of digging to get done, and with my hyperfast dwarves it goes fast. but it pauses literally every 4 seconds with "you have struck -----!"

there are so many little pockets of gems and things, and i get the new message everytime i hit one.

there is a nice little fort carved out and some interesting underground roads running around the chasm, but no start yet on the giant skulls im going to turn the mountain peaks into, although i have planned them out.

i stick it on every time im watching a movie or doing something, it needs me to unpause it all the time, which is making me irrationally angry. if someone else really wants a go at the world ill make my place relatively finished, upload it, and then maybe come back to do more digging/sculpting later on. good to see people are still posting in this thread.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2009, 02:38:07 am »

I know its WAY late, but if at all remotely possible could I get a turn in this...?

I just like this whole idea and I would be honored to partake in such a great idea.

:-)
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2009, 03:54:18 am »

This looks awesome.
I will keep an eye on it.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 08, 2009, 10:24:18 am »

Wow, I'm surprised. I somehow disappear for half an eternity and it still keeps going. Seriously, guys, you're great! ;D

Jakkarra

« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2009, 10:38:39 am »

Y helo thar.

nice of you to join us :D

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 08, 2009, 10:39:26 am »

so, can I join? I don;t mean to seem over-eager... but I kinda am...
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2009, 04:32:59 pm »

Um... I'm in the last human town (they also control a retreat, but whatever) and their axelord told me to kill "Zotho Justiceknights the Brave Taker the giant. Knowing no mercy, Zotho stole our treasures and destroyed our homes! This vile fiend even kill one hundred eighty four(!!!) in his lust for murder.

This may be the best world ever. EVER.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jakkarra

« Reply #508 on: June 08, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »

Buh?!?!

CJ, what does the scouter say about his power level?

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2009, 05:01:13 pm »

It's OVER 9000!
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49