Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 135094 times)

Angellus

Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2009, 09:57:30 am »

Do pressure plates work? in that case I have some adventure ideas =)...

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:50 am »

Adventureres won't trigger them unless you enable it in init.txt. IDK if other things can trigger them while running adventure mode.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.parker-portfolio.com
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2009, 05:22:22 pm »

Anybody mind if I skip Foa and start my turn?
I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:48 pm »

Adventureres won't trigger them unless you enable it in init.txt. IDK if other things can trigger them while running adventure mode.

*headdesk*

Pressure plates in adventure mode DO NOT work in the current version.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11:14 pm »

Anybody mind if I skip Foa and start my turn?
I could've sworn, I wrote him a PM. It seems that I did not. Oh, well, this thread DOES appear in his "Unread replies" list. If he wants, he can join in again later, but for now, I'd say: jplur, work your magic! ;D

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2009, 12:15:54 pm »

Great, I've started my turn.

These adventurers are in for a special treat....
I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 15, 2009, 10:43:22 pm »

You know what? I think I might actually like a turn in this. Hopefully by the time the list gets down to me, there won't be too many more people skipped and I'll have finished my current fortress to the point where I can work on something else. I think I've got a few ideas too  ;D

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59:08 pm »

i downloaded the file at the first page. but when unpacking it said some files were corrupted and it wouldn't appear in my game.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:05 am »

you need to get all the raws and things, there are a bunch of new smelter reactions for making uber things faster. the entire game directory is linked to somewhere in the thread, i used that to check out the forts in adventure mode.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »

Hey, I've had an idea like this bouncing around in my head for a while and just now found this thread.  Any chance I can get in on the action?

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2009, 02:16:40 pm »

*Progress report*

I've completed about half of the construction on my site.  I've also completed quite a few traps, which is harder than I thought with no pressure plates.

I do want to know, in adventure mode you can throw yourself off a cliff right>?

I don't know if it is the world or where I started, but the only civ is goblin.

Anyway I don't want to spoil my project but if you are a fan of rogue-likes you will find yourself quite at home.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2009, 03:05:57 pm »

I do want to know, in adventure mode you can throw yourself off a cliff right>?

Alt*-arrow, select open space.

*Not sure if it's alt. it might be shift or ctrl

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:19 pm »

you need to get all the raws and things, there are a bunch of new smelter reactions for making uber things faster. the entire game directory is linked to somewhere in the thread, i used that to check out the forts in adventure mode.
the problem is that some files were corrupted upon extracting the files.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2009, 02:37:32 am »

there arent actually any proper dwarf civs left in the current world. i dont quite know how we ended up with a world like this being used, but it may be that the constant fort creation then abandon has depleted the existing world forts or something, or they died out during the years that passed with people creating the current fort, or if they all just got killed during world gen. i havent every taken the time to figure out how that stuff works or learn if migrants come from your civ or just get generated. there are quite a few goblin towers around, including one that collapses as soon as you load the area (please make sure that one stays preserved as you pass the save on, make a backup if you want to go looking for it)

the only human towns are pretty tiny, and the elf retreats are mostly populated by a few small groups of humans. these few surviving bastions of civilization are isolated in the bottom right corner. i dont even know if there are kobolts. i spent a good amount of time wandering around checking things out after the first two forts were put in. its a pretty unfriendly world we have here, though it has plenty of awesome sites for fortresses, including a ridiculous river-that-turns-into-a-canyon feature that i have never seen before.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:14 pm »

Well I have bad, then good, then bad news.

I corrupted my save yesterday, I'm pretty sure it was because I tried to give dwarves the grass-trample:0 tag, and I couldn't fix it even with a fresh installation.

Good news is I'm a trooper and re-did quite a bit of my site, mainly the epic trap that is the basis for my idea.  I also set auto seasonal saves and backups.

But, in this new site I am not getting any immigrants.  Speed:0 dwarves can accomplish a lot, but the ambushes are getting serious and I am down to 5, two of which are in bed with yellow wounds.

In any case, I am going to try to finish the most important things first.  And if I do loose during a seige I have a hunch the goblins will be there for the adventurers.

Anyway wish me luck, I may be done in a few days.

*Edit*

when you throw a lever you can be standing on or adjacent to it?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:16:54 pm by jplur »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49