Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Back to the dwarf game...  (Read 191337 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Back to the dwarf game...
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2004, 11:15:00 pm »

It's hard to quantify that, because it's hard to say what how much a typo detracts from the ratio, etc.  X and others would say my B:C is N:0 = infinity, because they consider my code to be one large conceptual mistake.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2004, 01:00:00 am »

I have looked at the code... If I understood correctly, it said: You have smelly socks... Last time I look at my code again. Maybe I'll look at toady's next :P
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2004, 03:15:00 am »

While searching for a random name generator, I came across this page, which has this--a random spell-name generator for Tales of the Dying Earth.  If you've never heard of that, just click the link and read the random list of spells, you'll get the idea.

Some of my favorites:

Unasseber's concurring toady,
Zuren's mutual malaria,
Hurtandi's aerial millstone,
Larasajan's prime annihilator,
and, when all else fails, Majnu's inadequate proverb.

...but anyway, that page has lots of other random-name-generation things that might be useful for ideas, and it has links to random generators for all kinds of other wierd stuff.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2004, 07:51:00 pm »

He he he...  mutual malaria...  jesus...  prime annihilator sounds like math.

1070.  Three Toe has been playing around with it and reported lots of bugs to fix, which I've mostly handled, but it has slowed the list countdown a bit.  The effort continues...

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2004, 04:55:00 am »

Awwww... why does he get to play and not me? I can report bugs as well as the next guy, I am only an unserious semi-spammer when I have nothing to do  :(
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »

There are some things only a brother can do. I've not got the demo, and indeed I was promptly kicked from the channel the other night to avoid spoiling the sekrit plans. Be patient, sonny.

X

« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2004, 03:33:00 pm »

I deny the fact that I have any parents, so I am nobody's son. What is an parentless called?

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2004, 07:23:00 pm »

A Bastard? Or was it Orphan?

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2004, 11:46:00 am »

'Bastard' is a child with no father.
'Orphan' is a child with no parents.

besides, i'm all for someone who can be trusted play testing it, if it'll mean that it has fewer bugs.

i'd rather wait a little longer for something that is finished as intended and has less bugs, than have it spoiled for me by being told more than the basics of how it'll function, or rushed and as such, not quite what it should have been.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2004, 02:49:00 pm »

It's not like the version he has is playable anyway.  It's like a pre-alpha, and we've caught lots of bugs.  It's more like work than play.  Well, that might be a lie.
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2004, 10:50:00 am »

Knowing the mechanics of something is what I live for, just ask Amnon (main admin on assault: high tech war) since I am usually pestering him about the exact math stuff for various random things, same thing on other muds. Anyways, enough of my ranting

*doh! I was going to stay away from page 8 unless the talk on in stopped. My new random goal is failed before it even started...  :(*

[ December 19, 2004: Message edited by: The_Ancient_Sleeping_Dude ]

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »

*gaspe* There are other MUDers here?

.... Why am I suprised? O.o

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »

I've been watching this thread from the very begging and i have a few questions of my own.
How are you planning to make that river you mentioned? Will there only be one per game?
Will fishing be a nessesity or just an option? Will you be able to affect the river
by digging moats or building dams?
Also, will the wheather affect the rest of the world? Rains putting out fires maybe?
Random thunderstrikes?
Cheers and a joly new year
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2004, 08:02:00 pm »

also, it has been very quiet here lately? did toady get murdered by a pack of rabid gandalfies?

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2004, 09:39:00 pm »

The Yellow Order of Librarians, actually. Alas, their powers of numerology were too much for the poor guy. =(

May he rest in peace, without books shoved in places.

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57