Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Back to the dwarf game...  (Read 191347 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Back to the dwarf game...
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2004, 11:05:00 am »

There are 69 tasks left now, but it would be massively spoily to post any of them.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2004, 09:52:00 pm »

How about posting just the topics?
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2004, 11:08:00 pm »

Plot stuff, bugs, bugs, better army fights, interface, improved combat mechanics, interface, saving/loading, title screen stuff, easter egg, easter egg, easter egg, easter egg, easter egg, stuff, easter egg, things, stuff, easter egg, stuff, things, stuff, topics, easter egg, stuff, stuff, easter egg, things, stuff, easter egg, various, things, stuff, easter egg, things, stuff, title screen stuff, stuff, easter egg, easter egg, things, stuff, various, easter egg, things, things, stuff, easter egg, things, stuff, easter egg, stuff, things, easter egg, things, things, things, stuff, easter egg, stuff, various, topics, things, high score related, high score related, high score related, high score related, music/sound, tutorials and instructions

Or something.  The easter eggs, various, stuff, topics and things are related and required, but I'm not going into it.  There will probably be more bug sessions as well.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2004, 11:31:00 pm »

Actually, I can flesh out the first four a bit, since I've been doing it on #bay12games:

Plot stuff -- relations between the different civs that neighbor you and diplomats involving you in their civ's nonsense, gandalfy-type people getting you into world changing stuff, smaller random plot effects

Bugs 1 -- crash bug, fix to flowing water, change the rock layout on the map, easter egg, fix melting down of metal items, fix bug w/ bridge destruction, implement some items I missed, larger gates, easter egg, display bug, a dwarf can keep mining if it loses its pick mid-job, some pet effects, container bug, chained animal bug, pond filling bug, more cat antics, arrow slit bug, item stacking bug, livestock change

Bugs 2 -- caring for sick dwarves, improved soldier weapon choice, make alcoholic dwarves carry liquor, weapon penalties while working, speed optimization, personalities customization, equipment bugs, a few new item jobs, some purchasing bugs, preferences for foreign materials, improved kobold code, memleak

Army Fights -- improve how enemies mill around, break buildings and steal things, customize special forces and powers of leaders, bug with leader item choice, improve morale and running away, some invasion bugs, fix some ambush bugs, improve squad tactics, training options, army and cave easter eggs

That gets me to something like 970, roughly.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2004, 12:02:00 am »

will we be able to thow these gandalfy-type people out of the mountain, to save ourselves from getting into even more trouble than we wish?

will we be able to banish people from our mountain at will, and then either have to deal with their refusal, or possible alienate the civilisation they're associated with?

will we occasionally get 'urgent messages' from the drunkard dwarves who have run out of their favoured ambrosia, and decide that replacing it is a priority?

will we be able to petrify some of the hostile foes with a special magic weapon and use them as items for decoration or trade?

will we be able to order dwarves to strip down and run past enemy lines to lower their moral?

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2004, 12:11:00 am »

This game is starting to sound complicated beyond reason!  Are you sure your ... dubious interfaces and ... creative manuals are up to the task?    :p

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2004, 12:14:00 am »

Nope, not sure.  Perhaps I should structure the whole game like corin...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2004, 12:43:00 am »

Right now you can tell the gandalfy person to leave in a threatening fashion and refuse his demands.  I'm not sure how I'm change this.

Other diplomacy is being worked out right now.  I hope not to ever force the player down a path (force in the sense that you are compelled mechanically to do it, even if not doing it kills you).

Right now the alcoholic dwarves work slower, become depressed, then either beat up their friends or jump in the river.

Magic item effects are all very up in the
air right now.

Also:

I missed a number of things in Bugs 2 -- improve tantrums, finish families, set up social events, bloat up the natural world (trees, animals, etc.)

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2004, 04:13:00 am »

If you give it an corin interface, I will KILL you! And your dog! And the cat! And then totally own the game even though it is in corin interface then sell it to aliens as sexual aid toys!

Point being: No corin interface!

here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2004, 10:20:00 am »

Sounds like the dwarves seriously suck when exposed to booze.  I suppose they will be even worse off if no booze is supplied at all?   :roll:

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »

Oh, sorry.  The effects above were for a dwarf that gets no booze.  Although I imagine a drunken dwarf might act much the same way...  except the dwarf might not be depressed...  I need a random drinking song generator...

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »

So I imagine the first thing that gets built will be a brewery regardless of your orders?

I hope you can find one of those rings for the dwarf lords in the game!  They're supposed to make you insanely rich!

So, this Gandalfy person is not called Gandalf?

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »

Last I herd the name will be rodneY.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2004, 01:47:00 pm »

The wizard names will be random.  After all, a wizard might not be Gandalfy, but Sarumany.  Then the decisions you make would be different, at least eventually, but you could be fooled at first.

Artifact-type items are an important part of the game.

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2004, 08:43:00 pm »

You should so name enemy rulers, enemy generals and plot characters after forum members :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57