Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Help stop Georgia from executing an innocent man  (Read 13431 times)

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Help stop Georgia from executing an innocent man
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 09:21:27 pm »

This topic has given me an extraordinarily tasteless idea:

Roll To Dodge: Help Stop Georgia From Executing an Innocent Man

Do it...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 09:28:55 pm »

I'll try and think up a starting setting and get it up tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 09:31:07 pm »

Sorry to say this, but a stay of execution doesn't mean a whole lot here in Georgia. Unless the government parks a bloody armored division outside Atlanta, some crooked judge will find some way to off him.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:01 pm »

Let's see here, who is close to Atlanta? All I can think of is the 1st in Kentucky. Can anyone think of a closer armored unit?

RTD idea: I don't like it.
A new RTD idea: Roll to Dodge: RTD smashing.
Excert: [3] You smash the rock into Multiworld Madness. It is somewhat chipped, but still operational.

I approve of capital punisment, but only in the face of inrefutable roof. There was a line from the Crucible that I'd put here, but I can't remember it. The person inquestion, don't kill. A crazy like Joseph (I think) Duncan should be hung.

The idea that everything will become a capital offese is massive abusement of slippery slope falacy. I would, however, approve corpral punishment for some of those crimes.

I was considering making all of these seperate posts, but didn't.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Thunderwoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49:11 pm »

Let's see here, who is close to Atlanta? All I can think of is the 1st in Kentucky. Can anyone think of a closer armored unit?

RTD idea: I don't like it.
A new RTD idea: Roll to Dodge: RTD smashing.
Excert: [3] You smash the rock into Multiworld Madness. It is somewhat chipped, but still operational.

I approve of capital punisment, but only in the face of inrefutable roof. There was a line from the Crucible that I'd put here, but I can't remember it. The person inquestion, don't kill. A crazy like Joseph (I think) Duncan should be hung.

The idea that everything will become a capital offese is massive abusement of slippery slope falacy. I would, however, approve corpral punishment for some of those crimes.

I was considering making all of these seperate posts, but didn't.
I can see where you're coming from, but if we were to do away with the death sentence and just replace it with life I think we wouldn't really lose much. AND in the case of mistakes where innocent people are given the life sentence, you can always set them free.
Sorry to say this, but a stay of execution doesn't mean a whole lot here in Georgia. Unless the government parks a bloody armored division outside Atlanta, some crooked judge will find some way to off him.
I wouldn't doubt it but at least now there's a small chance, right?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:51:01 pm by Thunderwoot »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 07:21:58 am »

The execution has been stayed?  Obviously, it was we bay12gamers who did it, by arguing.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 07:23:32 am »

Modified quote from Red Alert 2

"If one fourm can make a difference, we are that fourm."

Go Us!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 07:25:15 am »

Like it or not, history is on our side.  We will bury you(in senseless forum games)!
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 07:28:28 am »

Nicely done. Not ALL of them are senseless though.

Thunderwoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 09:22:26 am »

The execution has been stayed?  Obviously, it was we bay12gamers who did it, by arguing.
I said "might have helped" by sending the faxes not "were solely responsible". for all i know they never read the faxes but mostly i was just thanking everyone who tried

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 09:44:40 am »

gosh, the moral elitism in this tread irritates me.

Oh dear, oh dear, state sponsored murder, oh dear, oh dear, catch phrase, oh dear oh dear

neither side has the right to decide about life and death, not the state, and not YOU either. Life and let die.
None of you is really touched by the matter anyway. You are acting out of principle. Because a random guy might be innocent. That is not the emotion of "omg, they are gonna kill someone I know" it's "omg, the media tells me about a stranger that is in peril. Let's proof myself and others that I can talk big about morals".

If he dies, none of you will cry a single tear, and you know it. None of you are actually sad, and afraid of loss, you are simply angry. It's a general dissatisfaction the ones who rule, reflected on a single example.

Hey, I am not saying it is good to kill innocent people. but oh meh, thousands over thousands people died while I wrote this very sentence, and neither me nor you even acknowledged it.

Not a single one on bay12 will shed a tear if this guy dies, and this is why anyone who is "fighting" for this "person" ((or should I say, this generic model?)) is simply trying to proof something.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Thunderwoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 09:48:03 am »

gosh, the moral elitism in this tread irritates me.

Oh dear, oh dear, state sponsored murder, oh dear, oh dear, catch phrase, oh dear oh dear

neither side has the right to decide about life and death, not the state, and not YOU either. Life and let die.
None of you is really touched by the matter anyway. You are acting out of principle. Because a random guy might be innocent. That is not the emotion of "omg, they are gonna kill someone I know" it's "omg, the media tells me about a stranger that is in peril. Let's proof myself and others that I can talk big about morals".

If he dies, none of you will cry a single tear, and you know it. None of you are actually sad, and afraid of loss, you are simply angry. It's a general dissatisfaction the ones who rule, reflected on a single example.

Hey, I am not saying it is good to kill innocent people. but oh meh, thousands over thousands people died while I wrote this very sentence, and neither me nor you even acknowledged it.

Not a single one on bay12 will shed a tear if this guy dies, and this is why anyone who is "fighting" for this "person" ((or should I say, this generic model?)) is simply trying to proof something.
yo maybe you should stop projecting your lack of human empathy

edit: also just because thousands die as i type this doesn't mean i shouldn't make an effort, however tiny, to save the ones i can.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:50:10 am by Thunderwoot »

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 09:54:23 am »

I lost all my human empathy while going to high school.

I personally think this man is going to die.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 09:57:46 am »

my human empathy is reserved for the people around me, and possibly for the people around the people around me.

Trying to fight for whatever cause "just because it is the right thing to do" is an old ideal that helps people sleep better at night. They feel like they did something, while actually, they did nothing at all.

I have lots of empathy, hey, I just spend 2 hours preparing food for a birthday party of a friend. I know that these two hours will not only make him smile, but will also supply all of his friends with awesome food, making his birthday party not only a blast, but making his day a bit brighter.
That's 2 hours, of dedication, all just to make a friend happy.
This is what empathy is.
Not spending 3 minutes filling out a pre-written form and then bitching at everyone that they are monsters if they do not want to sign. That is only moral elitism, because it only serves to make you feel superior, while accomplishing nothing.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Thunderwoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 10:03:13 am »

my human empathy is reserved for the people around me, and possibly for the people around the people around me.

Trying to fight for whatever cause "just because it is the right thing to do" is an old ideal that helps people sleep better at night. They feel like they did something, while actually, they did nothing at all.

I have lots of empathy, hey, I just spend 2 hours preparing food for a birthday party of a friend. I know that these two hours will not only make him smile, but will also supply all of his friends with awesome food, making his birthday party not only a blast, but making his day a bit brighter.
That's 2 hours, of dedication, all just to make a friend happy.
This is what empathy is.
Not spending 3 minutes filling out a pre-written form and then bitching at everyone that they are monsters if they do not want to sign. That is only moral elitism, because it only serves to make you feel superior, while accomplishing nothing.
I never called people monsters for not wanting to fill out the form. I called them monsters for being pro-death penalty
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:04:55 am by Thunderwoot »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6