Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Child's Revenge and the neverending meeting  (Read 775 times)

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Child's Revenge and the neverending meeting
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:41:50 pm »

So I did my standard thing where I use a drawbridge-smasher to filter out the immigrants I don't want, and for some reason one of the children took offense to both of his parents being smashed to bits. He decided to throw a tantrum, literally. By "literally" I mean he literally threw something and severely injured the mayor in the process. He then decided to complain to the mayor, forcing him into a meeting. Now the mayor is hanging around with yellow upper body and leg wounds, forced to stand and listen to this kid's complaints. This meeting has been going on for an entire season, and he just stands there and receives food and water while stuck on 'Conduct meeting'. The child is on 'attend meeting'. During the meeting, another dwarf was elected mayor. I don't know if this meeting is ever going to end or not, but methinks the correct behavior would be to terminate the meeting when he loses his mayorship. The mayor doesn't even seem to be sleeping... he is getting drowsy while standing on top of a bed (other dwarves, including the current mayor, sleep under him).

Oh, and I can't pull this kid away from him, not even with a "special" lever with the kid's name on it.

Note to self: kill immigrant children first from now on.
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
Re: A Child's Revenge and the neverending meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:53:00 pm »

Are either of them displaying as drowsy? If so, perhaps you could wall them off and build traps on their spaces. (This, of course, assumes that when Toady made dwarves not sleep on traps, that he made it so a dwarf would get off a trap before sleeping. I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure.)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:09:08 pm »

Release a hostile harmless creature amung them. Like a groundhog. That should shake them up a bt.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »

Militarize the mayor, then deactivate him. That should work.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 04:58:54 pm »

spikes under the child + lever

if mayor was on the bed, i would suggest trying to decostruct the bed.

my opinion is that one of the two have to die or move. maybe a small cave in?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:06:06 pm »

Sounds like someone is struggling to explain the ethics behind your drawbridge haha just wait until he gos akira on you and starts breaking doors and throwing tanks around.