Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nonaggressive goblin towers?  (Read 625 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nonaggressive goblin towers?
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:42 pm »

I just embarked on what I'm pretty sure was a goblin stronghold. I've got the latest version (.40d).

Alright, everything seemed okay. But I was a bit... surprised... when I looked at the tower, and there were humans running around all over the place. I'm fairly certain it was an actual goblin stronghold, since there WERE a few goblins and there was a legendary named demon at the top for a ruler, so I didn't pick a city by mistake.

Now, the strange bit: Everything was completely nonaggressive. Even the demon was marked as "Friendly" and didn't attack the marksdwarf and pack of wardogs standing next to him-by the same token the marksdwarf did not take offense to the giant demon and start shooting.

Seems rather odd.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nonaggressive goblin towers?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:42:08 pm »

Was your dwarven civ at war with that goblin civ, or were gobos "-------"?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 10:11:23 pm »

I don't have a clue. I kinda figured that goblins and demons had a "shoot on sight" arrangement with dwarves, regardless of war/not war. ^_^
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:37 am »

I don't have a clue. I kinda figured that goblins and demons had a "shoot on sight" arrangement with dwarves, regardless of war/not war. ^_^

Nope.  "-----" means that you aren't at war, but you'll get sieges, because Toady says so.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 03:22:35 am »

Well. That explains it. Still seems really counterintuitive, all things considered.

Hmm, so if I'd continued that fortress, gotten enough seiges to cause a war, would the goblins then have turned on me? O_o

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:15:53 am »

Well. That explains it. Still seems really counterintuitive, all things considered.

Hmm, so if I'd continued that fortress, gotten enough seiges to cause a war, would the goblins then have turned on me? O_o

Generally the sieging goblins will kill off the resident goblins. And once you go to war, chances are they goblins won't attack you after being to neutral all this time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO