Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary  (Read 1992 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Legendary
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:55:26 pm »

Very cool concept! Someone opens Pandora's Box in the modern day and unleashes all the ancient monsters from myth into our world. Heee hee heeeee....

Here's a developer video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40287.html

It's an FPS though, I'd kinda like it more if it were a sandbox and you could unleash them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:38:21 pm »

Reminds me a bit of prototype. Maybe because of all the crap and chaos inside a major city.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:45:11 pm »

Prototype looks like it could be either super-awesome or super-terrible.  My mind says the latter, but my heart says the former.  It seems to take after Assassin's Creed a bit too much though.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:46:43 pm »

Prototype looks like it could be either super-awesome or super-terrible.  My mind says the latter, but my heart says the former.  It seems to take after Assassin's Creed a bit too much though.
My feelings exactly. I think the next installment of Assassin's creed will be better as well.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 05:59:18 pm »

Yeah, I feel kind of bad that they're trying so hard, and 90% of the players probably didn't even realize they could use Eagle Vision at the end, let alone attempted to decipher the writing, I got a bit of it.  There's an Eye of Providence, the word "Deos" is in the big block of letters, Yonaguni with an Oriental-style Ziggurat, probably suggesting a Piece of Eden hidden in the Yonaguni Monument, I know there's more stuff, but that's the only parts I understood.  I wonder what it'll be like once there are guns and stuff...

Of course, I still wish they had just left out the da Vinci Code nonsense and given us a Holy Land Assassin Simulator.  Cut the nihilism thing too, it feels like a cop-out when there's so much racial and religious tension to be had in the setting.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:53:07 pm »

Yeah, the premise of the first game was you to live his memories, it doesn't mean they are correct. Things were a bit nuts and very pretentious if you ask me. About the ending, someone translated the japanese text, some of the symbols I knew, it was just a mishmash of conspiracy folklore.

I was saddened about the non-replayability of AC, but it was an alright game. Repetitive, but alright.

I'm hoping the other two other games mentioned here will be as good or better and at least have some replay value.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:57:22 pm »

I find the recent trend in sand-box gameplay a bit bothersome, honestly.  From my experiences, the environments are rather limited, and the most you can really seem to do with them is blow up cars and pedestrians.  I'd like something more than that, for instance a few more structures that you can actually enter.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 09:46:42 pm »

I find the recent trend in sand-box gameplay a bit bothersome, honestly.  From my experiences, the environments are rather limited, and the most you can really seem to do with them is blow up cars and pedestrians.  I'd like something more than that, for instance a few more structures that you can actually enter.

I hope Toady One dosn't tread ground like that in Adventure mode, course he dons't spend too much time working on AM.

Game. It looks intresting, for an FPS. Have to wonder how many creatures they'll have in the game, only saw about six or so, also wonder if they will destory the lore of the creatures to pursue the goal of entertaining the more easily er, entertained video game players.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:54:22 pm »

Finally got around to watching the video, once again I'm forced to shout "WTF DEVELOPERS?"  Stealing my ideas.  I had this exact idea, but instead of Pandora's Box, it was the reawakening of Cthulhu and the Great Old Ones, with the main character trying to survive the systematic extermination of mankind.

It looks kind of cool, although I'd need to see more to get excited about it.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 01:38:23 am »

To be honest, the game looks mediocre. But the concept is pretty cool. I kinda wish someone would just give us an X-COM like game with that.