Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Increased Idling - More Designate Wackiness  (Read 418 times)

Fuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Increased Idling - More Designate Wackiness
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:56:52 am »

I've seen a couple posts regarding the "Liaison meetings continue while designating using mouse" and a few noting cat adoptions, social skill increases, and even one where a dwarf apparently sparred up to champion level during designation. There's been one or two mentions of this happening with keyboard, but most seem to be with mouse movement. I'm chiming in with someone who's experiencing liaison acceleration with keyboard (I never quite figured out how to get the mouse to work in-game, honestly). I'm also seeing increased idle numbers during large mining designation. I even managed to capture in a movie the idle number going from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 while setting up mining. In one large prospecting job, I managed to get up to 8. As soon as I exit designation, or if I pause from designation long enough (a few seconds), the count goes back down to what it was when I started designating. Idle speculation on my part is that this is from Dwarves in one of the jobs that accidentally runs during mining designation and they don't start a new one while I'm doing the keypresses and therefore show up idle. If I exit designation or pause, the game catches up. It's not a huge problem with me, but I thought I would chip in on the off chance it helps with tracking down the bug. ^_^ Excellent game, of course.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:15:37 pm by Fuzzy »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Increased Idling - More Designate Wackiness
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:06:35 pm »

Someone did a test to see if the game actually progresses during designate and found that it does.  You're probably seeing job completions and such.