Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Feces and Urine  (Read 36280 times)

teefek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feces and Urine
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2008, 06:05:54 pm »

Actually, I added the feces-and-urine-suggestion to the eternal suggestion voting:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php

I summon anybody who digs poopoo as much as I do to
STAND UP FOR FECES AND URINE !

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2008, 07:02:11 pm »

Actually, I added the feces-and-urine-suggestion to the eternal suggestion voting:

That's an excellent idea, then you know who to invite for your coprophiliac club! K, have fun, but not anywhere near me thnx!
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

teefek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:32 pm »

That's an excellent idea, then you know who to invite for your coprophiliac club! K, have fun, but not anywhere near me thnx!

I knew that my struggle for dwarven caviar would lead to some nasty attacks against my person. Really, I don't want to fight with anybody, I just totally dig this whole feces thing (uhhm.. ugh.)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2008, 08:25:44 pm »

It can be implemented in a very limited way. As said before: The Sims had it. The Sims was a family and house simulator. Guess what's an essential part of a house? The bathroom.

All you had to do was build a bathroom, you didn't need to build the entire city's sewer system and waste treatment plant.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »

Another use for feces:

Gentledwarves... the feces fridge!
http://www.factropolis.com/2007/09/inca-devised-effective-method-for.html

(not certain if its true, but...)
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »

tastefully

Yeah well, you know it'd be used for drowning chambers. It'd certainly be.. tasteful
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 09:41:05 pm by Pilsu »

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2008, 11:13:03 pm »

All you had to do was build a bathroom, you didn't need to build the entire city's sewer system and waste treatment plant.
I wouldn't mind if there was an option to simplify waste management down to the level of The Sims. Stone +toilets+ over holes, just like a well, and they sit there for a second once a sleep cycle.

I still want the option to be able to design a working sewer system and waste treatment plant. I like the massively complex city planning stuff.
It's an entire strategy game unto it's own.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2008, 04:56:39 am »

You might find it difficult to believe, but there actually are people that finds excrements distasteful.
While vomit trails ... aren't?

(1) This is funny. (2) This too is funny. However, if you think those would be funny with faeces instead you're in serious need of psychiatric rehabilitation.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

teefek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2008, 05:41:33 am »

You might find it difficult to believe, but there actually are people that finds excrements distasteful.
While vomit trails ... aren't?

(1) This is funny. (2) This too is funny. However, if you think those would be funny with faeces instead you're in serious need of psychiatric rehabilitation.

This is actually funny, too.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2008, 03:27:07 pm »

It can be implemented in a very limited way. As said before: The Sims had it. The Sims was a family and house simulator. Guess what's an essential part of a house? The bathroom.

I always build a sewer for waterfalls, etc. anyway.  It's not that hard.  I like the idea of making it an init option.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2008, 03:32:20 pm »

3 votes already, going strong!  ;D
This topic is in need of some visualization [I wanna see feces & urine in the game vs. No way punk!] so here we go:

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:37 pm »

I feel that, while waste management could be made quite interesting and entertaining, it should wait for some interface improvements that would make it a little easier to do.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2008, 11:21:42 pm »

I think that poop outside should vanish instantly so you don't have to build a lavatory unless you want the happiness boost from using an amazing one or the added security of not having to go outside.
The great game of Warlocks!

Zaloran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2008, 10:01:12 am »

Ill love to see those rhesus macaques launching feces to my ranger... and then he vomiting.

;D

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2008, 10:34:58 am »

the spinning feces stikes Urist McRanger in head, it explodes in a shower of gore and nastiness?
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17