Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Feces and Urine  (Read 36249 times)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feces and Urine
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:23 pm »

How about those "unknown" fluids? They should be a liquid too

Now that's a drowning chamber

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 03:23:26 pm »

How about those "unknown" fluids? They should be a liquid too

Now that's a drowning chamber

Designate a pit for whacking off into.

Is not.

a command.

I want to see. much

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 03:29:59 pm »

I always assumed that DF dwarves don't defecate/urinate.  Rather, a viscous smelly slime is exuded through the skin - they leave trails like slugs.  The slime is slightly slippery, such that it aids the pushing of large stones and such.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 04:33:47 pm »

I always assumed that DF dwarves don't defecate/urinate.  Rather, a viscous smelly slime is exuded through the skin - they leave trails like slugs.  The slime is slightly slippery, such that it aids the pushing of large stones and such.

*Tormy cancels store item: vomitting*  ;D

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 06:33:12 pm »

whacking off
Sexual naughties can wait a bit. Toady can change the 'on break' task to 'whacking off' in the meantime for a quick and dirty fix.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wait... Dwarves like food, don't they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 08:56:37 am »

I dunno, it would be quite amusing to create floodgates to drop a river of bio-waste on invading armies, however, the extreme realism must serve a function in order for it to be enjoyable.

I don't understand how this made it to the top of your "Wouldn't it be nice if" lists when it comes to DF. I've got hundreds, and none of them involve defecation.
Murderhold - A story about a fortress closed off from the world, attempting to survive a zombie-infested wilderness.
Murderhold Discussion thread

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 11:01:28 am »

whacking off
Sexual naughties can wait a bit. Toady can change the 'on break' task to 'whacking off' in the meantime for a quick and dirty fix.

Imagination helps a lot. I once saw two females, one male and three children in the same bed. There was a horse in the corner of the room. The horse was watching. ;)
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 11:42:11 am »

You've obviously never played "I'm voting for myself".  Toady is more than willing to present self-abuse in electronic entertainment.

I wonder if we'd end up with more blind marksdwarves...

Zaloran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 01:36:23 pm »

How about filling a pit with dwarf shits and throwing inside some goblins? XD

I like the sewers idea, and the fertilizer one too.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 04:37:11 pm »

Toady is working on the whole ethics bit, what civilisations consider ethic etc etc.
Keeping caged goblins in the cesspit ought to rank as pretty darn evil :D
One wonders how they'd feed him.
Also : goblin slaves as undesirables(cleaners, tanners etc).

Urist has been been content recently, he observed unethical treatment of a prisoner recently(bad), he observed unethical treatment of a goblin recently(good), he observed uneathical treatment of a hated enemy recently(good ; goblin killed his father).

Oh, also. Color-coding thoughts as 'good' or 'bad' would probably be desirable.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:50 pm »

Toady is working on the whole ethics bit, what civilisations consider ethic etc etc.
Keeping caged goblins in the cesspit ought to rank as pretty darn evil :D
One wonders how they'd feed him.
Also : goblin slaves as undesirables(cleaners, tanners etc).

Urist has been been content recently, he observed unethical treatment of a prisoner recently(bad), he observed unethical treatment of a goblin recently(good), he observed uneathical treatment of a hated enemy recently(good ; goblin killed his father).

Oh, also. Color-coding thoughts as 'good' or 'bad' would probably be desirable.

Turning my fortress into a Abu Ghraib filled with naked goblins? I kinda like it, its not unethical if the means justify the ends, right?

I can almost see a reverse Stockholm syndrome emerging if they expanded on prisoners a little more. Say the Goblin on display in your Zoo becomes befriended by some of the idle party-goers in your fortress, and when you toss Lairus Babyslaughters, Goblin Spearman off the execution tower, some people get unhappy thoughts.

I also think you should beable to capture enemies that are both wounded, and fleeing after a seige. Instead of smashing that red-wounded, winded, stunned goblin trying to crawl off the map, the dwarves bring it back like they do their own wounded and imprision them. Realistically this was what was done in the middle ages, executing the wounded was frowned upon in the middle ages too, and they kept POW's for ransom.

Which brings up another point, maybe if you capture human seigers and the such you can sell them back to that civilization in trade, or arranged with the diplomat. Extra dwarfbux are paid for higher-skilled soldiers and local leaders. I dunno if Goblin society is too concerned about their soldiers that are captured but, it might be a nice feature for normally friendly races you do trade with.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:10:42 pm by Guy Montag »

Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
  • Whispers subterrene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2008, 07:58:29 am »

Taking prisoners should definitely be included in the game.  Battles to the death are going to terribly deplete the goblin supply in future releases :(  Recycle!

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2008, 02:17:31 pm »

I can almost see a reverse Stockholm syndrome emerging if they expanded on prisoners a little more. Say the Goblin on display in your Zoo becomes befriended by some of the idle party-goers in your fortress, and when you toss Lairus Babyslaughters, Goblin Spearman off the execution tower, some people get unhappy thoughts.

This would be awsome.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

MetBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2008, 03:10:52 pm »

Something I don't think was mentioned... There is another option other than 'go outside' and 'indoor plumbing': chamber pots. Of course, you might want to designate rooms for the use of such, then have a dwarf act as a 'night soil' collector.

And for the record, this is related to my day job, where I help design control panels for water treatment plants... although I doubt DF will ever have grinders, fine screens, aeration basins, etc... Quite simply, the waste from 200 or so dwarves could be handled by a well designed septic system. Lay the final pipes from the tank into a grid under your farms, and let natural biological processes handle things from there.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2008, 09:30:44 pm »

Something I don't think was mentioned... There is another option other than 'go outside' and 'indoor plumbing': chamber pots. Of course, you might want to designate rooms for the use of such, then have a dwarf act as a 'night soil' collector.

And for the record, this is related to my day job, where I help design control panels for water treatment plants... although I doubt DF will ever have grinders, fine screens, aeration basins, etc... Quite simply, the waste from 200 or so dwarves could be handled by a well designed septic system. Lay the final pipes from the tank into a grid under your farms, and let natural biological processes handle things from there.

Or just dump irrisponsibly.

Particularly if there is an elf forest downstream.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17