Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Feces and Urine  (Read 36243 times)

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
Re: Feces and Urine
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:59 am »

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2010, 02:08:09 am »

I'm not keen on this idea my self, but making an elven "Drowning" chamber would be pretty cool.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2010, 01:13:38 pm »

Given the enthusiasm with which players build magma chambers to incinerate other races, trying to apply Godwin's law in this forum is like vacuuming the Sahara.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2010, 01:18:39 pm »

They do all that stuff to their own dwarves too, though.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »

The night of the long knives? Sending armies into the Russian steppe? Ordering children to fight? There's nothing new under the sun. Judging from the forum posts, the enthusiasm is significantly higher for the interracial stuff.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2010, 05:03:59 pm »

It would give a new use to the "dump" zone ;D

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2010, 11:14:05 pm »

I've read through most of the thread, and all I can say to you guys who are all "Sure you might like it but we dont.."

Have it in the .init file.

[DEFICATION:NO] Have that the default, so those who know about it and want it can change it.

Simple enough, right?

Me, personally, I'm all for the idea if it's done so the dwarves aren't flooding your halls with crap. Making my own complex sewer system gives me an alternate entrance into my Fortresses when I go adventure mode, and it also provides means to get rid of other unwanted waste, that you wash down stream. Toss a corpse in the sewers, and just leave it there. Miasma won't reach your populated areas, and everyone is happy. I also just want to try some new challenges. Pressure-wash everything out of the sewer system once in a while, sounds fun, and can have lots of fun if you manage to flood your fort with sewage somehow. Or blast the elves that walk by with high-speed projectile crapwater.

I mean honestly. If you don't like it, just don't turn it on.
Wiki is wrong, the Demon has no body part with the [FLIER] tag. He is borne aloft by the winds of his furious rage.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:16 pm »

"Sure you might like it but we dont.."

Going by other posts by some of these people we could aslso have, 'don't throw babies, don't vomit, don't suicide, don't tanturm murder basicly don't be an emo dwarf.....Fun?

For some people it's not even a matter of a .ini option, just having it in the game is bad, I've seen a fair few games ruined by the carebear/eleven mentality...ignore them.

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »

Wether you agree with them or not you just said they exist and their game will be ruined.  If this is so it seems fair to only add it if can be done in a way that does not ruin someone's favorite game.
The great game of Warlocks!

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2010, 10:11:14 pm »

Which means an .ini option.

And seriously, the game should eventually be moddable enough that even if Toady never implements poo, someone could code up a mod that does in one afternoon.

Give dwarves a new auto-task (like eating and drinking) which happens about as often as eating, and causes them to go to a custom workshop called a latrine.  If they fail to complete this task, they get a very bad thought.  If they do complete the task, some waste is created which flows down a hole (unless there isn't enough room).  Make the waste have the desired properties, and mod other workshops so that they can use it for certain tasks.

Done.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2010, 11:57:17 pm »

I haven't read any pages of this thread besides this one.

I'm in shock that it's gotten this long... and also shocked at the lack of a consensus XD

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2010, 01:02:18 am »

Which means an .ini option.

And seriously, the game should eventually be moddable enough that even if Toady never implements poo, someone could code up a mod that does in one afternoon.

Give dwarves a new auto-task (like eating and drinking) which happens about as often as eating, and causes them to go to a custom workshop called a latrine.  If they fail to complete this task, they get a very bad thought.  If they do complete the task, some waste is created which flows down a hole (unless there isn't enough room).  Make the waste have the desired properties, and mod other workshops so that they can use it for certain tasks.

Done.
Actually most of that IS possible with utilities right now. Have you seen the one that adds magic?
The great game of Warlocks!

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:34 am »

Hell, you could just mark a room with a couple of grates, have the dwarves go there, and simply close the door and flood it time to time, thus washing all the waste into a sewer/deep pit below.

Have it defaultly set to OFF, and everyone is happy.
Wiki is wrong, the Demon has no body part with the [FLIER] tag. He is borne aloft by the winds of his furious rage.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:11 am »

Maybe sewage would also be created if you dump all your rubbish into water?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:54 am »

Exactly. I'd be dumping all sorts of crap into a semi-flowing stream I had built underground. Goblin corpses, bones, living elves, the occasional insane dwarf that got lopped in half by my legendary axedwarf, all that fun stuff. Rotting food, unwanted stone (Which would pile up since it wouldn't flow downstream, and you would have to get dwarves to clean out your sewers, lest they flood (It's a dirty job, but..)) and other stuff you just don't need in your Fortress. I'd be making all sorts of pitfalls and traps that would drop elves, goblins, and anything else stupid enough to walk right in the front doors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17