Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Classic console games  (Read 5058 times)

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Classic console games
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:26 am »

Cave Story

What?
on NES we got Zelda 1&2 (blasphemy, I know), Dragon Warrior, a brutal shump called Zanac, Mario 1 and 3, and Russian Rush and Attack.
Snes, SMW, BoF1 but not 2, FF4, LoZ.

Of course, Rose Colored glasses and all, these are the only ones that stick out in my mind.

Now, does the n64/ps1/gameboy(a?)/Sega Saturn/Dreamcast count as classics? They are all over or nearing a decade old, do they count as classics? or are we just going to ignore the era of ugly 3d games?

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 08:21:45 am »

Earthbound

If you don't know what that is, click on it. NOW.

Definitely. I'd kill a man for a plush Mr. Saturn. Well, maybe maim. Alright. Perhaps I'd make unflattering remarks and backhanded compliments. In any event it'd be awesome to have one.

Anyway...

NES
Basewars: Baseball with fighting robots that explode...in space!
Blue Marlin: Mmmm, fishing.
Dragon Warrior 2-4: I don't know that these are under the radar but they are pretty hard to find from what I hear.

Geurilla War: Shoot first! And second! In fact, keep shooting! Similar to Ikari warriors but it doesn't suck.
Kabuki Quantum Fighter: Sort of a sci-fi Ninja Gaiden. One of the best action games for the NES in my opinion.
Kickle Cubicle: A fun little action puzzle game. Freeze enemies solid and use them to build a way towards the exit.

Low G Man: Leap super high! Kill robots with a spear!
M.U.L.E: Space colonization strategy game. Can you catch the Mountain Wampus? (Hint: It's not a venereal disease)
Metal Storm: Action game in which you can flip back and forth between the floor and cieling. Pretty nifty.

Silkworm: Play as a jeep or helicoptor, or both in two the two player mode of this shoot-em-up.
Super Dodge Ball: What dodgeball would be like if we could turn the ball into a freakin' laser through sheer will power. Play this now.
Uninvited: A point and click horror story. Actually pretty creepy despite the old school graphics and sound.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 08:40:00 am »

Uninvited: A point and click horror story. Actually pretty creepy despite the old school graphics and sound.

What about Shadowgate?

EDIT
WTF, that was an edit... common bug?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 08:47:56 am »

I tried Earthbound just now...  uh... with all due respect for its possible quality, I can't play that game. The whole warped Final Fantasy concept is kinda revolting to me... the plot doesn't help...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:28 am »

I tried Earthbound just now...  uh... with all due respect for its possible quality, I can't play that game. The whole warped Final Fantasy concept is kinda revolting to me... the plot doesn't help...

How far did you get, exactly?

I'm sure further in it gets good, but I haven't been able to play myself for long.

Curses, EVO has already been mentioned! I loved that game. 'course, becoming Human is a bit obscure. For some reason, I WAS able to make the mermaid.

She kisses things to kill 'em.

This does not hurt the quality of the game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:25 am »

I loved E.V.O.  I never even knew how to become human until I got online, and I was pretty disappointed.  Yeah, he's fast, but like all tall forms he's hard to control after spending the whole game as a quadruped.  Besides, finishing as a fully-evolved crazy-awesome rhino-wolf-thing was more fun.  I always wished you could actually see the civilization you make.  I even finished as a bird once.  Never tried staying a dinosaur though.

I just remembered this cool Genesis side-scrolling-shooter Empire of Steel.  Pretty much rote, but way cool steam-punk graphics and ridiculously hard boss fights.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 10:51:16 pm »

Alright, BUMP

Everyone's favorite classics, now Sega Saturn, (just kidding), Ps1, N64, and Dreamcast.

PS1: Besides the obvious, ( the ff series) there were the Gex series (unique), and my first Metal Slug game.
N64: Easy, Conker's Bad Fur Day, funny ass game with amazing multiplayer scenarios.
Dreamcast: Oh holy grail, damn ps2 for sinking this console. There was Power Stone 1 and 2, a sublime fighting game, and still one of my favorites (was remade for the psp), and Toy Commander. That game was the SHIT.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 02:26:27 am »

Have to say TMNT IV:  Turtles in Time.  It's a childhood favorite of mine that still holds up to this day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]