Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Classic console games  (Read 5057 times)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Classic console games
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 11:55:31 pm »

My favorites
Kirby Superstar (Where did I put it!?)
Uggh same here, It's the only SNES game I've lost and it was my favorite. It's being re-released for the DS fortunately.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 12:06:44 am »

My favorites
Uggh same here, It's the only SNES game I've lost and it was my favorite. It's being re-released for the DS fortunately.
Yay! You've made my night eugh, morning.

I bet they mess it up somehow though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 12:11:54 am »

My favorites
Yay! You've made my night eugh, morning.

I bet they mess it up somehow though.

It looks fairly faithful, some of the backgrounds and a few of the stages look a little spruced up, but nothing major. Seems that it'll play the same, with the 2 player option and everything. But for some reason they decided to add rendered cutscenes? dunno but in US it comes out on monday.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:09 am »

Hey, I'm off of school on Monday! Maybe I'l have to go pick it up.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 12:15:57 am »

I can't remember if I got every single piece of treasure in the Geat Cave Offensive or not.   I know I came really close, though.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 12:18:20 am »

Great Cave Offensive was epic. I remember forcing my friends to be wheelie for the mine cart parts.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 12:21:08 am »

Ball Bullet Gun for the SNES. It's a strategy game that was released only in Japan, but it's good. It seems to be based around people shooting each other with b.b. guns, hence the name. It's sort of hard to tell if they're using b.b. guns, though, because the game also features combat knives and grenades.

Each unit has a field of view, and some of the later missions are crazily hard. Overall, it's a really fun game, though, and there are a lot of weapons to choose from. It's extremely obscure, too.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:48 am »

I rmember when me and my sister (both very young at the time) took on the colesium. We beat the last boss (bat thingee) when one of us was the rock, and one was wheel. All we did was shoot the wheels gun team up thing and blcok. We were so proud.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 07:22:36 am »

I rmember when me and my sister (both very young at the time) took on the colesium. We beat the last boss (bat thingee) when one of us was the rock, and one was wheel. All we did was shoot the wheels gun team up thing and blcok. We were so proud.

Sounds similar to what me and my sis did. Except she used the "Copy helper who is just like kirby with a ranged suck" thing.

After playing it again, I wondered how little-me was so good at that game. I died too many times to make this make sense.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:33 pm »

How are you guys not praising my taste in esoteric games yet? That Ball Bullet Gun game is awesome. You can run around knifing people in it, and sneak up on them Metal Gear Solid style and everything.

You can even booby trap corridors.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:36 pm »

I forgot the name of this thread before I remembered how small SNES roms are.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 12:11:33 am »

Try beating BBG without cheating. You get a little ranking thing at the end, based on what you scored for all the missions. Some of them are really, really, hard.

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 10:28:46 am »

NES:  The Guardian Legend.  I've never met anybody else who even played this game, let alone loved it as much as I did.  It was half Legend of Zelda, half top-down Gradius-style shmup, had like 30 upgradeable weapons, and the nastiest bosses to ever see the inside of a NES cart.

SNES:  Cybernator.  Had the best environmental damage ever seen in any game up to the first Red Faction.

blakyoshi7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 03:36:03 pm »

Earthbound

If you don't know what that is, click on it. NOW.
Life is but a twinkle, a winking of an eye...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 06:47:29 pm »

Earthbound is overrated. It's good and everything, but it's only good. Cybernator is awesome. Bromor apparently has good taste in games.

Anyway, if you like Cybernator, try Metal Warriors. It's like Cybernator, but better in a lot of ways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3