Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...  (Read 11133 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2008, 04:38:53 pm »

A plane fails to take off.  Is it because there's something wrong with the control panel, or because the pilot has no idea which buttons do what?

I find it unlikely such massive amounts of pilots could be fundamentally inept to the point of it becoming a problem in such a basic function as.. flying.

You know... I don't.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2008, 04:42:38 pm »

A plane fails to take off.  Is it because there's something wrong with the control panel, or because the pilot has no idea which buttons do what?

I find it unlikely such massive amounts of pilots could be fundamentally inept to the point of it becoming a problem in such a basic function as.. flying.

Keep in mind these pilots can fly themselves, and thus don't need to fly with a tin can. And, oddly enough, passengers arrive at their destination nine months later weather the tin can flew or not.

If you know what I mean.
That may be so, but the pilot may not get another chance to fly with that particular tin can if he leaves it behind somewhere.

Just because we're proficient with the joystick doesn't mean we have a large tank of gas.

If you know what I mean.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

Keep in mind these pilots can fly themselves, and thus don't need to fly with a tin can. And, oddly enough, passengers arrive at their destination nine months later weather the tin can flew or not.

If you know what I mean.
That may be so, but the pilot may not get another chance to fly with that particular tin can if he leaves it behind somewhere.

Just because we're proficient with the joystick doesn't mean we have a large tank of gas.

If you know what I mean.

Even so, a plane can be stuck with a pilot because of the passengers. The plane may never want to fly with that pilot, but flying with other pilots with passengers is considered bad form.

If you know what I mean!

Although at this point, I'm not so much resolving the discussion as making it last as long as possible to get as many aircraft comparisons in this as possible.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2008, 04:54:26 pm »

We need a new metaphor...
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »

Siege?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 04:57:24 pm »

However, more and more airlines are beginning to take on co-pilots to make sure the plane flies smoothly.  They don't usually get as high a salary as the main pilot, and they don't normally spend as much time with the passengers, but they are often helpful in ensuring the plane gets where it wants to go.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 05:09:48 pm »

Flying isn't really that hard. You just have to ask the plane how it likes to be piloted ;)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »

However, more and more airlines are beginning to take on co-pilots to make sure the plane flies smoothly.  They don't usually get as high a salary as the main pilot, and they don't normally spend as much time with the passengers, but they are often helpful in ensuring the plane gets where it wants to go.

'Course, jealousies can happen between the pilots. Particularly if the pilot did not know of the involvement of the co-pilot. Particularly if the co-pilot provided some of the passengers.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2008, 05:32:37 pm »

Just popping in to say, "cockpit".  How could I not?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2008, 07:18:39 pm »

But alas, we aren't talking about trained profesionals here flying your plane.  Were talking about the average motorist who may not even know there is a z axis implemented already.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2008, 04:22:38 am »

These pilots were BORN to fly. It's the very purpose of their existence in the great cycle of flightschool. If the planes are so cryptic they can't be figured out on large scale to the point of it becoming more of a feature than a flaw, there is obviously something fundamentally wrong with the control panel

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2008, 09:11:15 am »

STOP STOP STOP STOP....
WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS MEN's ADVANTAGE?!

WE PLAY GAMES! WE ADDICTED TO GAMES> WE LOVE GAMES
WE ARE ADDICTED THAT WE NEED TO CALL DOCTOR JUST TO GET OFF TEH COMPUTER>

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:06 am »

Uhh...  They do that too.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2008, 09:19:02 am »

Man am I surprised to find all these creepy posts in a "Hellllloooooooo Ladies!" thread.  Can we get some XKCD up in here.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2008, 11:49:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11