Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...  (Read 11185 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 01:23:05 am »

I remember Runescape, I also played when I was 10ish. But that was only because most of my friends played it and that it worked with dial-up. In fact I lost a good friends because of runescape, I trusted him with my account and he takes everything I had. From that day on i have never played another MMO (mostly because of the whole Dial-up issue but I like to think I quit MMO's for higher reasons).

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 02:38:48 am »

Ouch.    :-X
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:42 am »

I tried RuneScape once.  Mainly because Mulch Diggums pestered me into it.

What a spectacularly dull game.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 09:17:35 am »

I tried RuneScape once.  Mainly because Mulch Diggums pestered me into it.

What a spectacularly dull game.

All MMORPGs are dull after a period. Yes even WoW!  ;D
Some MMORPGs are just dull and boring after 1-2 weeks [Age of Conan for example, but that is just my subjective opinion], some others are fun for a couple of months even..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:19:10 am by Tormy »

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46:49 am »

I cut down yew trees.

Basically, I play Runescape once a week, to host my Guild's woodcutting event, which is fun enough, ;).  The newest graphics update improved the look considerably.

(In RF Online I now have a killer flamethrower of doom.  So no more jokes, lol.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 03:16:32 pm »

(In RF Online I now have a killer flamethrower of doom.  So no more jokes, lol.)

-Insert VD Joke Here-
Shoes...

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 03:05:23 pm »

I've not seriously played a MMORPG since... Ehm. I was 11? 12? Eh, who knows. I used to player on The 4th Coming's Demo/Beta-Test Server(yeah I'm hardcore like that). When that shut down I never picked up on MMORPGs, with exception of occasionally checking out the features of certain online games. I've never impersonated a female character in a RPG either. With the exception of party-based cRPGs and the like.

I've played runescape when we had IT classes in school. I've spent my whole life behind a PC and there isn't much that a school teacher ever could teach me. Go figure, MMORPGs and other online games don't attract me.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:54 am »

Lol, once me and my sis (who is a real girl) played a MUD and started at about the same time. She played as a female, I made a male character. About 2 hours into the game, I was still a lvl 4 noob with a crappy stick and peasant clothes and she was also a lvl 4 noob, but had a huge stack of gold pieces, clothes fit for a king, and weapons with NAMES, which she said "some nice guys gave her".

I stopped playing there. I think she stopped playing too, because she got bored of "winning" after only a few hours :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2008, 12:34:17 pm »

Lol, once me and my sis (who is a real girl)

Not to be a troll, but the storyteller in me say's "GO BACK TO SCHOOL"

Seriously. Sister, implies that it is your female sibling, ~not~ some ethereal cyber transvestite.
/rage

In other notes, Female gamers, or females in general, are always going to get "Nice" stuff, because it's the male perogitive to gain as much attention as possible from a female counterpart.  Sure, you can argue all you want, but the peacock's plumage says it all.  If it has a vagoo, males are goin' to treat it differently.
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2008, 02:05:59 pm »

BRAIN CANCELS THINK: ACESS DENIED GIRLS ARE NOT ON INTERNET CANNOT DIVIDE BY ZERO.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2008, 04:35:28 pm »

That reference better not be obscure.

It's a Dimitri Martin adaptation of a fairly straightforward joke.

Not that I don't like Dimitri Martin, mind you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

In other notes, Female gamers, or females in general, are always going to get "Nice" stuff, because it's the male perogitive to gain as much attention as possible from a female counterpart.  Sure, you can argue all you want, but the peacock's plumage says it all.  If it has a vagoo, males are goin' to treat it differently.

The irony is, when you put it like that, it makes lavishing attention sound like the jackass thing to do, and treating everyone with equal contempt the nice thing.  That being the right etiquette anyway is just more ironic.

It is pretty amazing that the Chris Rock Effect of Male Friendliness even applies over the internet where it becomes completely meaningless.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 07:21:16 am »

A lot of guys do it to get cyber-laid  :-\ Or they're doing it out of habit to what they normally do IRL.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2008, 07:37:42 am »

it is some general principe of survieving applied:
"it is never a bad idee to threat something, you are unable to understand how it works with the maximum of politess/fineness even if it(she) is not so close enougth, that it(she) can to harm you!"
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2008, 04:39:21 am »

The irony is, when you put it like that, it makes lavishing attention sound like the jackass thing to do, and treating everyone with equal contempt the nice thing.  That being the right etiquette anyway is just more ironic.

Funnily enough, I've found that pointedly ignoring other players in MMORPGs made me somehow stand out, and made some male players assume I was an RL female hiding behind a male avatar. I've had gifts, items and such lavished onto me just because someone "wanted to make friends".

My first (and last) foray onto a WoW roleplaying server consisted of some loser following me around the level 1 spawning area, convinced that I was a girl because "you're too bitchy to be a boy". Yes, /ignore and all that but he kept creating new characters and bugging me for over two days until I switched servers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11