Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cave Adaptation IRL  (Read 2190 times)

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Adaptation IRL
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 07:36:21 pm »

Vomit randomly much? I do, my stomach, and the rest of my internal organs don't seem to have enough room to share, so I puke alot. My stomach ends up losing these space wars I envision happening in my body.

It happens when I drink, I'll drink a ton of beer, and get a Doner Kebab, and my stomach is all like "ugh" and then I'll smoke a cigarette, and my lungs are like "Stomach, dude, GTFO of the way", so my stomache is like " yeah F-it dude, I don't want whats in me anyways" So I puff on my Camel and next thing I know I'm puking behind the dumpster because my internal organs are fighting for room.

Other words "Urist McDrunkard cancels drink: Interupted by nausua"

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 08:26:05 pm »

The closest thing I've had to cave adaptation was when I stayed awake for 50 hours straight this week.  Coming out of the building my class was in, I was momentarily very disoriented upon entering the bright sunlight.

For some reason I partly expected it to be dark out, lol.  My body must have thought so too, as I had to stop and take about 20 seconds to refocus and un-cave adapt, :D.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 08:44:21 pm »

The closest thing I've had to cave adaptation was when I stayed awake for 50 hours straight this week.  Coming out of the building my class was in, I was momentarily very disoriented upon entering the bright sunlight.

For some reason I partly expected it to be dark out, lol.  My body must have thought so too, as I had to stop and take about 20 seconds to refocus and un-cave adapt, :D.
At least humans can uncave adapt, poor dwarves. *looks at puking dwarves trying to get the same pig tail sock*

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 02:09:38 pm »

Looking at the sun makes me sneeze, does that count?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 05:15:47 pm »

Getting exposed to flashes of bright light can do that, yeah. The optic nerves are close to something else which can get interfered with if you get that much high-level optic information at once, giving you a nice sneeze reflex.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »

Luckily I have the "Likes working out doors" tag on.

So no I do not suffer from Cave Adaptation; well not exactly. I only suffer from mild cave adaptation, which only occurs if I am in a -z level, and in a boring class room.

That doesn't stop cave adaptation.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:18:39 pm »

Yes, but it could reduce the exposure to caves.

Hmm, do dwarves that Like Working Outdoors try to stand in outdoor meeting areas instead of indoor ones, if available?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 10:03:47 pm »

Luckily I have the "Likes working out doors" tag on.

So no I do not suffer from Cave Adaptation; well not exactly. I only suffer from mild cave adaptation, which only occurs if I am in a -z level, and in a boring class room.

That doesn't stop cave adaptation.

I never said it did. :(

WAIIT WAIIT! Yes I did, I'm a hypocrite now! D: By the way anyone know if there is a likes working out doors tag?

Or should I just stick to green glass roofs?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 02:24:34 pm »

Looking at the sun makes me sneeze, does that count?
This happens to me as well, whenever I go outside from a dark place. I like to think of it as being minor cave adaptation.
Pages: 1 [2]