Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Latest Version Graphical Repack  (Read 1606 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Latest Version Graphical Repack
« on: September 16, 2008, 08:48:57 pm »

Question. Is there something different with graphics in the new version, or some reason the Dystopian graphical repack on the file depot is for an older version then what is availiable for download from bay12games? I noticed this a few days ago (after returning from a DF hiatus). I tried simply plugging in my old graphics via the normal means of editing the ini files and shoving the graphics in the appropriate folders, but got some wierd looking stuff.

Am I just being retarded, or has something changed?

GoldPanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Version Graphical Repack
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:25:45 pm »

Latest version of DF is 40d.

Latest version of DF with the May Green graphics mod is 40a. It just hasn't been updated yet.

Also, quite a few things have changed in the latest May Green graphics mod. So things will look weird if you only copy the graphics files over to your game.

^^atte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:43:36 am »

Maygreens Grafic pack was updated yesterday to 40d ^^

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:57:07 pm »

Wait. May Green? I havn't noticed this in the depot, or perhaps I'm missing something. Link?

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:03:15 am »

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:46 pm »

Question. Is there something different with graphics in the new version, or some reason the Dystopian graphical repack on the file depot is for an older version then what is availiable for download from bay12games? I noticed this a few days ago (after returning from a DF hiatus). I tried simply plugging in my old graphics via the normal means of editing the ini files and shoving the graphics in the appropriate folders, but got some wierd looking stuff.

Am I just being retarded, or has something changed?

Assuming you still even remotely care about my graphics pack after seeing the shining glory that is Mike Mayday's, I will be releasing a new pack somewhat soon-ish, I've just gotten a tad behind, is all.

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »

Will you be limiting the finished product to vanilla DF, DR? I'm using your pack, and recently genned a world in .40d with modbase. Now my dwarves are once again surrounded by ASCII characters, and I have come to realize how addicted to graphics I have become. I've recolored your elves to fill the dark elves (for my own use only, I've no intention of posting it anywhere. Hope that's ok), and maybe I'll make the Kentaur from your Centaur. However, I'm not very good at this sort of thing, and my modifications tend to resemble blobs of color more than interesting new races. I'm just wondering if there're any modded-in races you're planning on adding.

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 06:09:22 pm »

Will you be limiting the finished product to vanilla DF, DR? I'm using your pack, and recently genned a world in .40d with modbase. Now my dwarves are once again surrounded by ASCII characters, and I have come to realize how addicted to graphics I have become. I've recolored your elves to fill the dark elves (for my own use only, I've no intention of posting it anywhere. Hope that's ok), and maybe I'll make the Kentaur from your Centaur. However, I'm not very good at this sort of thing, and my modifications tend to resemble blobs of color more than interesting new races. I'm just wondering if there're any modded-in races you're planning on adding.

I don't have any particular plans to do so, sorry. And yeah, no worries on the edit front. Not like my work hasn't been taken without my permission before (I don't mean that in a petulant way). The tilesetting community around here is pretty share-and-share-alike.