Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50679 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »

My power supply should be arriving sometime later today. I'll have my computer back. Yay! :D

5th Slate - Prisoner's Diary

Seven days.

Seven days have passed since Rikkir has had me locked inside of my home, the door barred from the outside and one of more loyal children constantly on guard outside. Watching, waiting for me to try to escape so they can have an excuse to subdue me, to bring me in line with force. In their eyes I'm hardly more than a disobediant child, a young fool who needs to be taught the ways of the world.

As if.

They don't understand, I don't think they can. I've seen more death and combat than more than half of them combined. I know what it's like to make a living in the wilds outside of our little civilization, what it's like to drink blood in order to get water. If I needed too, I probably could take on half of the village in an escape.

In a way, I think she's afraid of me. I represent a force of change, a deviation from the norm; things that she cannot or will not accept. It's because of that she has locked me away, to prevent me from contaminating her brood even further. After all, seeking an ally against the goblins and wolves who constantly raid the borders of our village would be ludicrous. Wouldn't it?

It doesn't matter to the her that these elves are innocent of the crimes that she reminds us daily have been brought against our people. Nor does it matter to her that the humans were appalled at the thought of our depot being used as a means for murder. All she cares about is killing elves.

...So hungry.

10th Slate

"Glacies?"

A soft voice roused the ranger from her light sleep. With hardly a pause she was on her feet and at the door, her ear to the keyhole and her voice filled with apprehension, "Feb? Is that you?"

"...Glacies. Why?"

His voice was full of pain. As Glacies listened she heard something thump softly against the stone door. The rasp of his tunic against the stone a harsh mimicry of her own heart rasping against the stone of Rikkir's word.

"I couldn't let her kill them. Every year she condemns innocent people to their deaths! How can you support a tyrant like that?"

Feb was silent for a moment, his delay in responding so long that Glacies had almost feared he had left her without saying a word. Finally he replied, his voice thick with tears. "It didn't work, Now more than ever she wants to kill the elves, and you too; should the others let her. You need to stop."

"I don't matter! All you need to do is let me out. If your the one guarding the door they won't suspect that I might have overpowered you." Glacies voice was filled with fear and desperation as she slammed one fist against the door, "Let me out so I can leave here, so I can warn the elves before they reach the village to turn back and leave! Let me go so I can leave this place and live on my own. Please Feb, open the door and let me out."

"No... I won't." Feb's voice choked off, the faint sound of sobs seeping through the door, "...I can't let you ... I can't let you leave. You are so much more important than that, especially to me. I can't let you go..."

"Feb... Feb, listen to yourself! What are you saying?"

On the far side of the door the sobbing youth straightened up, his tears relenting in exchange for a stony quietness. " I can't let you go. I'm... sorry, Glacies." As the sentance was finished Glacies was able to hear his footsteps steadily walk away from the door. Each soft tap on the stone street pounding a rusty iron nail into her heart. Glacies wanted to scream, to rage, to fume, to pick him up and shake him until his bones shattered from the impact. She threw herself onto the floor, tears streaming down her face as she whispered into the silence of the stones beneath her feet.

"Feb... Feb... Please... don't leave me here!"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:57:41 pm by Jamini »
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2008, 04:53:02 pm »

Craaap. Lesse. What've I got in my room....uh, a bed...maybe..I KNOW! DECONSTRUCT THE WALL! Ima' genius. If the door's too solid, maybe the wall will give?

(Does not want to die, but hell. It's up to you. I'm being silly. Maybe you could use me as a means to end the story way way later? I'm just gonna starve to death, aren't I?)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2008, 04:58:31 pm »

We've got few enough dwarves, we don't need to be starving who we've got, even if they are filthy elf lovers.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2008, 06:28:45 pm »

Code: [Select]
         /\
        /  \
      /      \
    /   TRAP   \
  /   GLACIES    \

Alright then, if you insist.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
TYRANNY IS DWARFY
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »

Craaap. Lesse. What've I got in my room....uh, a bed...maybe..I KNOW! DECONSTRUCT THE WALL! Ima' genius. If the door's too solid, maybe the wall will give?

(Does not want to die, but hell. It's up to you. I'm being silly. Maybe you could use me as a means to end the story way way later? I'm just gonna starve to death, aren't I?)

Fortunately, your bedroom is made of natural stone and fortified with plot.

I won't let you die out of malice, don't fear that.

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2008, 11:57:09 pm »

Man, what's that rumbling noise?

It sounds like water...

Oh..Wait.

WATER! OH CRAP!
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2008, 12:01:27 pm »

It sounds like water...

Oh..Wait.

WATER! OH CRAP!

Me: Geeze, when I trapped Glacies I wasn't expecting some kind of Spanish Inquisition...

*music*

Cardinal 1: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Our chief two weapons are  fear,  surprise, ruthless efficiency...
no wait, that's three, our chief three weapons are  surprise, fear, ruthless efficiancy, and our devotion to the...
our chief four weapons are surprise, fear, fear, ruthless efficiency, and our devotion to the pope... wait a minute
*counts on fingers*
Fear, ruthlessness, surprise, and surprise.
No, that's not right.

Ok, our chief three weapons are fear, suprise, our devotion to the pope, and ruthlessness.
Wait, that was four wasn't it.
Oh bother, let's try it again from the top
*everyone leaves stage right*

Me: I wasn't expecting some kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Priest 1: nnNobody expects... the Spanish Inquisition!

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse weapons such as are fear, suprise, ruthlessness, ruthlessness, and almost fanatical devotion to the pope
Oh blast! Suprise, ruthlessnesss, examples, and fear, those are our weapons.
No, it is defiantly fear, ruthlessness, suprise, and suprise...
That doesn't sound quite right!
Oh bother... it doesn't matter.
Our chief weapons are suprise, blah blah blah.

Cardinal! Bring on, the charges!
Cardinal: The charges are such:
"Ye are hearby charged with the intent to do herasy against the pope. In addition..."
Cardinal 1: That's enough. How do ye plead.

Me: Well... innocent.
Priest 1: We will soon change your mind, bring on... Bring on... the comfy chair.
Priest 2: But boss, the comfy chair is being aired after you waterboarded the last guy while he was still in it.

Priest 1: Oh. Right. Fine then...
Bring on... The quote Pyramid!

Everyone: *gasps* No! Not the quote pyramid!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:05:08 pm by Jamini »

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2008, 12:53:13 pm »

Me: Geeze, when I trapped Glacies I wasn't expecting some kind of Spanish Inquisition...

*music*

no wait, that's three, our chief three weapons are  surprise, fear, ruthless efficiancy, and our devotion to the...
our chief four weapons are surprise, fear, fear, ruthless efficiency, and our devotion to the pope... wait a minute
*counts on fingers*
No, that's not right.

Ok, our chief three weapons are fear, suprise, our devotion to the pope, and ruthlessness.

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse weapons such as are fear, suprise, ruthlessness, ruthlessness, and almost fanatical devotion to the pope

"Ye are hearby charged with the intent to do herasy against the pope. In addition..."

Priest 1: We will soon change your mind, bring on... Bring on... the comfy chair.
Priest 2: But boss, the comfy chair is being aired after you waterboarded the last guy while he was still in it.

I think a part of my has died due to insessant laughter...
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2008, 01:03:34 pm »

It sounds like water...

Oh..Wait.

WATER! OH CRAP!

*music*

*counts on fingers*
No, that's not right.

I think a part of my has died due to insessant laughter...

Fixed that for you.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2008, 11:49:24 pm »

Taking bets now: Who has Maggarg fallen in love with?

First right answer gets a cookie!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2008, 12:22:42 am »

Taking bets now: Who has Maggarg fallen in love with?

First right answer gets a cookie!

If Maggarg is one of the original 7, then she fell in love with the second oldest male child.

If she is one of the Childrons, then she fell in love with her brother.  Since I have no search fu, I don't know which one it is.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2008, 01:26:43 am »

AAH! I hadn't realised you had updated jamini. I thought you might have died or some such. Cant wait till the next one.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2008, 03:52:06 am »

Maggarg is male actually.  My first guess would be Glacies, but she's locked up which should keep her from socializing.  So I'm going to guess that you're avoiding incest and he's hitched with Sarek.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2008, 09:30:47 am »

Glacies has had Feb as a lover for some time now.

Incest is also currently impossible in this version, I belive.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2008, 10:32:03 am »

Heh..I knew it.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29