Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50672 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2008, 12:17:20 pm »

I'm actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for the elves now.
Keep killing them though, just to see what happens.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2008, 12:12:01 am »

10th Malachite
The traders have finished there visit to our village, and have begun to pack up.

15th Malachite
A trader named Len Belroksamo ran into a kobold thief at the edge of the village today. His guard dispatched the beast, but not before the little demonspawn slashed out his throat. the humans kept muttering something about "inadequet protection."

16th Malachite

Sarek II Eshan has become an adult today. Joy of joys! She's offered to help her father with the loom.

22nd Malachite
Vicarrah's thirteenth is today. YAY! I've assigned her to helping Mulch and I with masonry and stone detailing.

1st Limestone

Today Glacies came into camp with the corpse of a hairy humaniod covered in snow. at first we thoguht she had hunted a very hairy human, but she later corrected us saying that it was a saqsuatch. The demons of the mountaintops!
Of course, there are no such things as sasquatches.
She must have killed a monkey.

yeah, a monkey...
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2008, 03:13:13 am »

Oh, cool!  I've never seen one of those.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2008, 10:29:38 am »

Can we get a program? Can't tell the players without a program. :)
I was going to see if there was a free character but I don't know who's in the hall or what they're doing.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2008, 10:58:14 am »

Current Roster of Ulolgeshud

The Eshan Family:
'Rikkir Esker' - Miner/Mason
'Mulch Diggums Eshan' - Mason/Swordsman
'Feb Eshan' - Bower/Bone Carver
'Sarek Eshan' - Dyer
'Illeit Eshan' - Cook
'Tierian Eshan' - Child
'Linakesh Eshan' - Child
'Illiterate Eshan' - Child
'Sukasa Eshan' - Child
'Lillika Eshan' - Child
'Chazzy Eshan' - Child
'Zorpious Eshan' - Child
Unclaimed ♀- Baby

The Libashrur Family:

Frea Libashrur - Dead
Sneakypete Libashrur - Sheriff/Wood cutter
Sparrow Libashrur - Stone Crafter
Vicarrah Libashrur - Bone Carver
'Glacies Libashrur' - Rebel/Hunter/Marksdwarf/Trader
'Magarg Libashrur' - Child
'Fireheart Libashrur' - Child
'Fre Libashrur' - Child
'Creamcorn Libashrur' - Child

Friends:
Abod Niltellis - Smith
Echo - Farmer
Ukat Luslemidek - Engineer
Sarek - Dead
Unclaimed ♂ - Snatched
Unclaimed ♀ - Dead
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:30:23 pm by Jamini »

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2008, 11:20:38 am »

Yay, I'm a child!
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2008, 11:42:47 am »

I'll take the unclaimed. She can grow up to be an engraver, herbalist or jack of all trades.
Jack of all trades: I take one dwarf and assign any tasks without a permanent worker until I get one. Useful for picking up slack but more useful if someone dies since I'll have a semi-skilled replacement.
I'm thinking someone that prefers brains over brawn, that thinks minefields and trapped depots are brutish and is trying to be too clever for her own good. But I'm open, don't want to disrupt your muse.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2008, 08:21:21 pm »

3rd Sandstone

Today is a grim day.

My second youngest son, Tulon Eshan, was killed by wolves while following me outside of the wall to collect some clothing that the human merchant had dropped during the summer. I hurried to his side, but I was too late to save the child. Watching in horror as the wolves tore him apart like a ragdoll. I felled two of the dire beasts, but we all mourn for one of our number, so brutally taken from us.

What is odd is that his favorite toy, a puzzlebox of particularly fine construction that was taken from the elves was found laying several feet away from him. How it got there I have no idea, as I have never let him take the silly thing out of the house.

13th Timber

The wolves that live in the area have been driven into a frenzy from a lack of food, constantly encroaching closer and closer to our village.

Today Ukat was attacked when collecting a backpack that had been dropped right outside of the south gate. Fortunately she had her crossbow on her and glacies was not far off. The two of them were able to drive off the pack. However, I feel that the wolves are becoming more than a annoyance. Indeed, the hole in Ukat's upper body may take several weeks to properly heal.

Strangly, Ukat consistantly mummers about seeing a dwarf dressed in goblin leathers behind all of the wolves, driving them towards her. I've written it off for now as a hallucenation. I still plan to ask her about it when she wakes.

23rd Timber

Our population once again reaches 25 with my youngest daughter. I have decided to name her Scribbler, after her great uncle Scribbler who died several years before we left our original home.

1st Moonstone
Ukat has healed quickly, her wounds already gone within two months. Sadly she remembers nothing of the night she was attacked, so I cannot correlate evidence from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elsewhere:

In a glade in the depths of forest Elecu Umoleriya, deep in the heartland of Elufiimere, a wizened elf sat upon a wooden throne, his eternally youthful face distant as he leaned against the left arm rest. The fingers of his left hand stroked the living wood of his throne, long since shaped by the virtue of magic so that it appeared perfectly natural. His cold blue eyes were focused on his right, slowly reading a piece of bloodstained parchment.

'My Dear Ally Gica Rifayifi

While it gladdens me to see that you and your kind have taken up our cause. While I can understand your reluctance to fight however, given the negligence of Mato Snukangamxu in regards to the heroes you have sent, I must insist that if you are to be our ally in this war that you must supply us with more than exotic war animals. I have lost a number of troops to penning and controlling your wolves, far more than I would if set upon by the cowardly dwarves themselves.  While they have proven their effectivness, I must ask you to please send actual troops next time. Ones that I can depend on to actually fight at our side when we take the gates of Asnbasnusp.

Your ally untiil my kin spill my blood,
Lafo Femavavafice Asi Nevele'

The druid finished reading, his eyes as cool as ice as he let the parchment drop to the ground to be consumed by the glade. With a sweeping gesture he summoned forth a brief flash of anger and channeled it at the parchment, loosing a bolt of fire which quickly consumed the message. It was then that he stood and addressed the two elves who had brought him the paper. Their weapons and livery marking them as rangers in the service of Athe Cironoimere, the high druid.

"It was you who intercepted this letter from it's goblin message to Yifinemo?" He said, his voice even and calm as the burning parchment curled tightly in the heat.

The nearer and shorter of the two took a step forward and bowed her head in respect to the druid, his dusky brown hair nearly black in the moonlight, even for those with eyes as sharp as an elf. The faint glow of her infrared body heat, only visible to elves out of the common humanoids, making him look even darker to the rest of his kin. Behind him his wiry companion dropped to a knee in sight of the elven druid. "Yes lord. It bears the crest of Snag Bax. The southern goblins have sought the aid of our breatheren there."

"That makes little sense to me, there are no creatures in that region. Tell me Fael, why would the goblins be asking for help?"

The second of the two rangers looked up in surprise, his hawk-beaked nose quivering slightly in fear as he scrambled to his feet. Around him a corona of close-cropped light brown hair  flew in every direction, the red highlights within catching in the moonlight and transforming into a warm grey. "Lord?"

"Well?" The druid spared a glance at Fael, his expression never changing as he met the questioning expression with one of his own. As he waited the Ranger finished standing and began to sputter slightly, his mouth attempting to wrap around the ideas his mind created before they were fully composed.

"Lord, there are st...rumors around that a ... er... city has been discovered not far from Omoamxu. I've heard a little bit about it from some traders... but their word its..." He paused for a moment, uncertain how to finish the sentence.

The druid waved his hand dismissively, immediatly sending the taller elf back to his kneeling posture, "I understand. Then, I have a job for you two."

"Sir?" The foremost ranger looked up quizzically, dividing his glance between the druid and his companion.

"Go and find those merchants. Discover who the goblins are allying with Yifinemo against and bring their leader to me. Do not fail." With an offhanded gesture the druid waved away the two rangers and turned towards a small tent made of rope reed at the edge of the clearing,  behing him the fire that he had lit on the parchment guttering out as it ran out of dry fuel in the damp evening. On the far side of the clearing the taller ranger stood and nodded to his companion, both turning towards the thick of the forest and quickly blending into the trees.

Moments later, A small nightingale sang.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:35:15 pm by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2008, 08:53:51 pm »

16th Moonstone

Today a group of goblins led by the elf Estrur Slidvice the Hale Coincidence attacked our settlement. After his group of three wrestlers and hammerman fell prey to our cage traps, he hastily retreated. Duplicious beasts, these elves, even in combat they leave their comrades to die rather than risk injury.

2nd Opal

Our need for wood has finally exceeded that of the basin which we have settled in.
I've given Pete permission to start logging the forested areas to the north and east of us, on the plateau. I will be channeling out safe areas for him to work within. Glacies has been ordered to hunt down every last bit of dangerous wildlife while we undertake this venture, as even one death for us is an unbearable loss.

Strangely, when she nodded at me she smiled in such an understanding way that I almost was willing to forget the spring before last.

...Almost.

1st Granite 1068 - Glacies Dairy

A new year dawns, and with it a new caravan to save. The mistakes of last year will not be made again, already I prepare early to lock Rikkir down within her "cathedrel". Feb will place a high number of orders for her to work through while I barter with the elves. While she is gone it shouldn't be difficult to convince the others to allow me to deal with it, especially when Illeit and Sarek tell anyone who could interrupt her that she is not to be disturbed under any circumstance. Mulch shouldn't be an issue, he's been busy roofing a few more of the houses over the last few days and is constantly making more blocks out of the stone that is still in the cathedral.

By the time they hear, it will be too late.

15th Granite

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:55:46 pm by Jamini »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:42 pm »

How long did it take you to fill up the work order queue with make charcoal orders?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:49 pm »

How long did it take you to fill up the work order queue with make charcoal orders?

Less than a minute.

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »

*sigh*

Respect your elders child, and not the elves!!!
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 30, 2008, 12:54:04 am »

Question for you Maggarg: Are swords ok for your first weapon trained?

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2008, 12:23:53 am »

*sigh* crappity crap crap.

It looks like the power supply I ordered for my new MB/Processor was the wrong one. Which I promptly discovered AFTER I tore apart my old computer for the hard drive and RAM. Considering how difficult it was to get the damn things in the new case, it will probably be a few days before my computer is operational again.

Do not fear, Ulolgeshud is not dead yet!

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:06 am »

Why do I have this terrible feeling that there are immigrants and nobles showing up at Ulogeshud, and Janini is slaughtering them rather than disrupt her story?
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29