Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50681 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2008, 06:36:56 pm »

Sensible indeed! The half burnt diary hints at somthing fire related, or perhaps a death in the future, no? :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2008, 10:59:19 am »

A death, in dwarf fortress?

NO WAY!!! :P
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2008, 05:56:49 pm »

A death, in dwarf fortress?

NO WAY!!! :P

Fifteen years with only three deaths.
I doubt many people can claim a record equal or better than that. :p
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2008, 05:58:08 pm »

Well, I had about 10 years without a death, and its year 11 now. I might beat your record!

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2008, 01:39:11 pm »

"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2008, 11:25:32 pm »

Sorry about the slowness of replies folks. I'm currently working off a year of a succession fort (the museum remade). Once I finish that I will be returning to Ulolgeshud.

See you all soon!

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2008, 11:48:59 pm »

:D bump

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2008, 08:59:21 pm »

Bumpita bumpita.. eh? 

You back playing yet, Janini? 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2008, 08:21:47 am »

Hmm. Should I go beserk and convince Feb, Rikkir and Echo to see things my way via crossbow, or run away and join the elves?  ;)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2008, 12:27:58 pm »

You could create a splinter colony..  embark with 7 dwarves with names taken from the various kids, and write about their adventures.. .  janini could arrange for them to get a better look at the elf trap, or simply dissapear them from the narrative.. 

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:04 pm »

Gotta apologize for the lack of updates. My year in the Museum sucession is nearly over and suddenly L4D comes out and eats my soul. >:3

I'll try and do a small update when I get home from work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2008, 04:09:02 pm »

Very nifty story! It's inspired me to do my own "Last Dwarves Alive" fortress.

Oddly, it worked out that it was the High Elves from my mod who conquered the dwarves. Apparently they we both stuck behind a mountain range, separated from the rest of the world. So it'll be interesting to see what happens. Oh, and I got 5 females and 2 males as well...Odd parrallels between us.

Really odd, though, is that I got a Dwarf Caravan. No dwarven cities in the world. No dwarven civs left. And yet one showed up. No liason, though. Maybe a caravan from a group of refugees?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:51 pm »

I am a terrible person for bumping my own topic.

My turn in the museum is done, I will be posting a (small) update later tonight if everything goes according to plan.

Insanity shall ensue!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2008, 07:36:30 pm »

9th Felsite

"A Nema Demuk Re!"

Rikkir and Ukat sat on the top of the depot, a malicious grin on their old wizened faces as the young elf's head snapped about and began to slink on the ground like a dog, his long nose pausing every few feet to sniff the cold ground. Behind him his coat has slipped from his frame, thick mud streaked along the once-fine red garment from a long drag through the mud. He stopped as he passed one of his companions, a narrower female slumped against the green-flecked walls. She was unresponsive, ignoring him as he brought his face a finger's width away from her breast. A soft, catlike purring came from the back of his throat as he eyed her form up and down, before he removed his left sock and shoe, placing the former upon her head and giggling inanely while the latter lay in the thick mud on the ground. Behind him, a second elven woman raced from across the enclosure and grabbed the dirty shoe shoe and placing the oversized item over her left foot before grabbing the male's other leg and collecting the second directly from the source, dumping it's owner to the ground clumsily.

"Mebit yon, Grafififi yip nu?" the male asked, his surprisingly calm voice in a sharp contrast to the wild look in his eyes as he turned his upper body around to see his captor, "Ne ip nor, IP NOR!"

The female ignored him, instead tugging free the cloak around the shoulders of the unresponsive woman. Then she turned once more and began walking the inner perimeter of the wall, counting the stones backwards in common from thirty-two.

On the far side of the enclosure two more males sat, their eyes dark and sullen as they watched the exchange. The taller of the two, a shock of black hair over a slightly chubby face with a small discolored patch under the right eye, mumbled something to the donkey over his shoulder. The animal bent it's head down as he spoke, nosing it's master's ear gently when he finished in response. His compaion hadn't said a word at all, so lost was he in meloncholy that nothing could pull him out of it.

Back outside of the depot Pete called out to the two women, his face joyful as he listened to the mad babbling of the two mad elves on the other side of the wall. He quickly climbed the ladder on the side of the building, tapping Rikkir on the shoulder to avoid startling her, "Should we open up now?"

The Priestess took a brief look into the holding pen before standing. Smoothing her trousers and adjusting the idol around her neck. Behind her Ukat did the same, her knees cracking from a long period of immobility spent watching the elves. "Yeah, let them go now and get their stuff. I'll take care of...Glacies." Pete flinched as the name was spoken, but he nodded as the clear eyes met his and decended.

With agility unfettered by her age Rikkir followed Pete down the ladder, marching away as the rest of Ulolgeshud gathered around the exit to the depot to watch, or taunt, the mad elves. Purposefully she walked down the long row of smallhouses until she reached one that had an orange glow slipping under the base of the door. As she moved the key towards the lock she heard a faint scritching. The sound of charcoal moving rapidly over a large surface. As the key clicked in the lock, the writing stopped.

Gently Rikkir leaned into the room, her voice sickeningly sweet as she peered into the dark room. "Glacies, it's time."

At first the dwarf in the room did not move. Her silhouette a black statue carved into the wall. Then, slowly, the younger dwarf walked towards the light. One hand was lifted to her eyes to ward the glare of the sun as she approached the exit. As she approached, Rikkir extended a hand, "Come child, let's go and talk now. The elves are now harmless, and we have much to discuss."

Glacies stopped short of the hand, her own falling from her eyes as she acclimated to the glare. Then she slapped aside the hand, forcefully brushing past the leader of Ulolgeshud and marching south. The crossbow on her back rattling from her anger.

14th Hematite, 1067 - Rikkir's Log

Today a caravan from Onuthpesor, The Venerable Confederacies, arrived.

I was surprised that Atir had not returned with his own group. But these humans seem amiable enough. Perhaps he was delayed, or the profit he had returned with was not great enough to warrent a return trip It is a shame, for I somewhat liked the strange man. My only wish is that nothing bad had occurred to him on his trip back home.

Glacies arrived back in town just a few hours ago and has been talking with the traders since her arrival.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2008, 09:21:56 pm »

Perhaps te elves are furries (not that there's anything wrong with that!)  It would explain a lot.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29