Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50773 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2008, 12:50:29 am »

Oh yes, just to note. There ARE openings for children. We have three girls who are up for grabs right now. I know thirteen years sounds like a long time, but really its going by fast on this end, and as the kids get older they *will* be in the story more and more.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 01:19:39 am »

Can I have one? Call her Illeit, if you will.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:28 am »

The profile of Illiet Eshan

Sadly it's a little dated. But get started on fixing that right now.

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2008, 10:26:35 am »

12th Granite, 1055

This morning Mulch shook me from my sleep roughly. As I went to complain he told me that Feb and Gracies, who had been playing near the west gate, had seen something strange and had ran back to the camp in fear. He had went to investigate, and had nearly tripped over himself in fear as he saw what had scared the children so.

Ala Putiaslu has returned, leading behind him an even larger raiding party of goblins. The gates had already been shut before I had awoken.

We are under siege once more.

15th Granite

A group of Elven merchants has been spotted in the east. They are quite persistant, trying to come to us when we are under attack and have our gates closed.

Perhaps this time I might actually trade with them, if simply out of respect of their guts.

naaawwwww.

16th Granite

I've started digging out some tombs today, in celebration of the elves' imminent demise. After all, it's far more satisfying knowing that when you do die you will have a nice place to rest...

21st Granite

I climbed the bridge once more to talk with Ala once again, smiling heartily as I saw him snarl at my appearance.

"Greeting Ala!" I called down, waving jovially and ducking as an arrow glanced by my perch. "What can I do for you?"

The human snarled and cocked another arrow, annoyance on his face, "You can die, cowardly dwarf. Hiding behind your traps and your gates. You are not real men, refusing to face your enemy head-on and hiding behind the skirts of your mechanic. One day we will destroy your silly traps once and for all and make bracelets from your skin.!"

Unpreturbed I decided to taunt him back, dodging yet another arrow as he lofted it over the bridge. "What of your lover? Lasiv? Was he too sore to come today? Or was he terrified?"

Aja simply smiled and pointed to the east side of our encampment, the part that was on a hill. "Lasiv has other concerns.". Turning around, I saw what he ment

-A Human has sprung from ambush-

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2008, 10:43:40 am »

21st Granite, continued

After sliding down the drawbridge I turned at looked at Ukat, her eyes merry as she flashed me a thumbs up and pointed at the traps. Looking at where she indicated, I saw what she ment. She had left many of the stones from the previous year lie, unmoved next too several old pressure plates. offset slightly and much better hidden she had placed a whole new set of traps and stones, ready to crush the already suspecting goblins when they moved to avoid the first traps.

Discretely we departed and pulled the lever to Aja and his party to their doom.

22nd Granite

Aja, upon seeing the gate, catiously walked forward. Testing the ground before him with his bow and, when satisfied, turned to his left and kicked the puppy that was chained at the gate.

With a snarl he motioned for the goblins under his command to go forward and approach cautiously.

They. Set. Off. Every.Trap.

The puppy on the south side of the entrance lept forward and tore out the throat of one unconsious goblin, while many of the others bled out from their wounds. Unpreturbed, Aja saw that his men had penetrated further than the his group had last year and walked calmy towards the village.

Bars shot out of the ground, forming a wooden cage around him. His bow knocked aside and useless as the final traps caught this longstanding enemy of our homes.

When we took him in he was muttering something about Zuslorokub. We decided that was a good name to give to the puppy who had killed a goblin wrestler. Apparently the name means Helmcolumns in goblin, so it's fairly appropriate.

As for Aja, I have a few ideas of what to do with him. Mostly ones involving puppies.

25t Granite

Lasiv, after seeing his friend's ambush torn apart by our traps, departed. His group only succeeding at injuring one of the elves' pack animals. Unfortunatly, the creature died of its injuries before reaching our depot and the two merchants chose to depart rather than attempt to trade with us.

Fortunately, that particular animal was carrying a tame wolf in a cage. I've decided to name it fluffy.

7th Slate

Zuslorokub has grown into a stray dog today. Right now we are training him to attack on command at our kennels.

28th Slate

mm, for some reason everyone unanimously voted to change my job title to "Treasurer".

Apparently they feel that me keeping track of so many wooden crafts stolen from the elves was important enough to warrant a name change.

I'm still counting things though, mostly seeds.

14th Hematite

The dogs chased off a kobold today. God riddance. Zuslorokub nearly choked himself in his enthusiasm to get the damn thing, flipping himself end over end as the chain caught his throat.

16th Malachite

My number of children has overtaken Frea's, resulting in yet ANOTHER girl in our little village.

I feel somewhat smug about this, despite the pain.

21st Malachite

Sparrow has begun to move about the camp, talking up a storm. It's hard to imagine that just a year ago she had been a little infant hardly larger than Pete's forearm, what with the way she talks about everything to everyone.

I've been trying to train Feb to carry messages for me recently, but I grow leery of giving him containing any important information. Every time something distracts him, even a loud noise, he jumps nearly a foot into the air and races to hide his face in my dress.

Speaking of which, my clothing is starting to get into rough shape, the cloth so patched and faded that you can hardly tell what the original colors and shapes are. Nobody else's clothing is really much better.. I suppose I'll ask Pete to start making some things for everyone to wear before our cloths begin to rot straight off our bodies.

What a terrible thought.

22nd Malachite

Likot protect, Frea has had yet ANOTHER girl. This brings the demographic for our small outpost to 3 men and 10 women. I suppose Feb will have a wide variety of potential wives... at least.

1st
Pete's clothing is a hit. Although it's quality is none too good, the fact that it's new and clean more them makes up for the flaws in the tunics and shoes he's making.

It's sad to think he only agreed to make clothes until the seven of us had a new set to wear.

7th Limestone

Illiet started walking today. For some reason when she did I felt this quiver of doom strike me, as if the gods had rewrote the universe and then told my brain to be quiet.

13th Timber

"I need coal to make a Tin Sarcophogus, I can't make it Rikkir"

I've really started to hate that line.

At first it started as a joke. Abod mentioned when she looked over my big list o things to do that we would need a lot of coal in order to get that much done.

I told her that she is the one who makes coal, so it is her responsibility to handle it.She retaliated by telling me we were out of coal the first time she ran out.

And the second.

And the third.

I think you get the idea.

Not once in four years have I wanted to throw somebody into the moat quite as much as I've wanted to do so to Abod today.

14th Timber

Well, that is different. This time Abod told me that she needed more tin bars to make sarcophaguses from. In the exact same manner that she had talked about the coal, mind.

I told her that she was the smith of our little group, and she really could just get on smelting more casserite to work with.

That's when she reminded me that we had already smelted all of our casserite.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

I need a drink. Now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:45:18 am by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 10:51:42 am »

Later, 14th Timber.

As soon as I finished sorting things out with Abod today and went home Illiet started screaming at me because I wouldn't give her one of the wooden bucklers stolen from the elves (I've ordered it buried near our garbage compacter). I swear that child will not live to maturity.

14th Moonstone

Frea asked me today to be allowed to do a little artistic engraving in the basement. I could hardly refuse, being as I was eating one of her succulent roasts at the time. I hope she doesn't get any dust from the engraving in our food though...

18th Moonstone

It's done, I went down today to look at Frea's work and I must say I'm fairly impressed.

She caught my better side in this one.

In dedication to our hard work, it's almost impossible to not recognize Mulch in this one. However, the comical charachiture style made us all laugh when we saw it. Except my sweet husband.

This one made me a little suspicious. When I asked frea why it didn't show me turning elves into a bloody paste she said "because it doesn't fit the historical and artistic image we want to present to our future descendants.

Whatever that means

THIS one is more like it.

In all, nice work.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 11:04:47 am »

20th Moonstone

Lastiv returned today, shouting out to us to return his brother. Somehow the evil human had gotten word that we had captured Aja and he had returned with a much larger ambush than we had ever seen to reclaim him.

Homosexual incest, that explains so much.

We had been in a party at a time, and had not noticed his approach until the bowman was already inside of our gates and working his way through our traps. By th time we had pulled the lever, the human and his party had already gotten through our first and best defense by the time we were able to respond.

Zuslorokub was right there, immediately taking a large chunk out of a goblin wrestler while the other dog lunged forward and dragged him underneath a stonefall trap. Sadly, this marked the end of Zuslorokub as right after he killed the first goblin he was knocked over the head by a hammergoblin and his skull was crushed in.

The other dog fared little better when Lastiv got to it, the bowman quickly smashing the poor bitch's chest and gut in with the sharp edge of his bow. Eventually blasting the poor thing down the ramp that marked the entrance to our village.

Thinking himself in the clear, Lasiv charged forward, forgetting once again about our traps. A heavy stone rolling from it's place in the guardhouse on top of the bowman's head, caving his skull in and knocking him unconscious..

Somehow, even through all of this some of the goblins still survived. The mangled bodies of the dead providing a safe path through our defenses and into the area before our village.

Knowing that the fight was not yet won for us by our traps , I ordered everyone except Ukat (who was the only one who had extensive knowledge of our traps, and could reset them quick enough for reuse) to pick up what weapons and armor they could from previous raids. And we sallied fourth to close the breech.

I was first into the fray, my pick immediately finding Lasiv's brain and ending his life. Little Erith cooing happily on my back as the dark man's blood pooled on the ground. Without hesitation I charged at the next foe, a hammerman who appeared to have arrived late and had avoided most of our traps. Without any ceremony I charged him, knocking him backwards and driving my pick into his arm. Underneath the old, well-gripped wood I felt something break. His bones softer than the very soil of which most of our home was carved from. My second strike hit the goblin directly in the chest, piercing through the goblin's body completely and lodging there for a moment before I was able to rip it out.

Seeing what I did to their companion, the remaining two hammergoblins surrendered. Dropping their weapons and raising their hands in a universal sign of peace. Now they sit in cages with the rest of their companions, brooding darkly as we taunt them about killing their comrades.

13th Opal
Things have returned to something resembling normalcy here at Ulolgeshud. With the two most prolific and agressive leaders of the goblins gone and captured, we hope that perhaps, just perhaps, peace may return to our little village.

Feb told me that he saw a Sasquatch the north today. For the obivous fib I tanned his backside, sending him over to Mulch's shop and telling him not to return until he was ready to be truthful to me.

There is no such thing as a Sasquatch.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 11:07:33 am »

1st Granite

Yet another year has passed, and our little village has grown and expanded well. In celebration of a year well-spent, I decided to make a little map of our home.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3569-ulolgeshud
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:05:42 pm by Jamini »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »

If you are getting a few immigrants later, please can I have a male dwarf called Maggarg. Not too fussed on profession, just draft him in some way shape or form.
If not, I'll wait for a male baby.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 01:36:40 pm »

The number of "Immigrants" is going to be highly limited. Considering it's once again nearing time for our two oversexed females to reproduce again... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few boys.

If not, I'll be able to get you in the update after next. (the next update has Sarek in it.)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »

Early not-update. We've had a second baby boy born!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 05:38:18 pm »

Looking good. Maby you should talk with the elves and see if they can bring smithing supplys along, if your able to that is.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 06:18:07 pm »

Looking good. Maby you should talk with the elves and see if they can bring smithing supplys along, if your able to that is.

Traitor. ^-*

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:13 pm »

YAY that baby boy is me right or is someone ahead of me on the list still?  ???

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:41 pm »

Please let it be mine, oh God please let it be mine  ;D.

Well done on the ASCII art, by the way.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29