Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50656 times)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2008, 11:24:11 pm »

"Damnit woman im the mason in this family!"

No, you are the Soldier who used to be a mason.  And she isn't going to be a very good mason out of this.  Mainly she is going to take her pick and smack a rock so hard it forms into a perfect thingy.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2008, 01:05:13 pm »

Actually, Rikkir has around four years worth of Masonry in addition to Mining experiance. She was already legendary in both skills before going Fey, so I have NO CLUE what skill she got from it.

We have two more children available for claiming, by the way. One is male, the other Female.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2008, 01:13:09 pm »

I'll take the male.

Name him after whatever the deepest rock layer you have it. Gabbro or Granite or whatnot. He has a fascination with mining, and a deep desire to explore the deepest reaches of the mountain. By preference, he'd ONLY have mining enabled once he reaches adulthood and spends all of his time digging.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2008, 03:50:41 pm »

27th Slate - Tirean's Historical Scriptures

After Mother sang her inspired poetry to us within the altar room of the temple she quickly jogged to the masonry workshop in the lower levels of the Cathedral. After doing so she has refused to allow anyone but me to see her, sparing only a few moments from within her stacks paper sketches and scrap material to ask me to go and collect more things for her. It's tiring work, hurrying back and forth to get her the things she wants. Our finest-dyed cloth, the thirty-first and thirty-second blocks of Granite from the grainery workshops, Spotted webgong leather, and virtually every type and make of gem we have within the village. Most of what I bring she rejects outright, screaming and ranting of inferior quiality or going into hysterics when spotting a small bug within a log she considered using, proclaiming the poor mosquito as a termite. If I wasn't so patient a dwarf I would have long refused to have any more to do with her at this poing. If she wasn't mother, I probably would already have flatly refused anyway.

Most recently she has been asking for a shell. She says any shell will work as long as no other dwarf has worked on it. Unfortunatly we don't have any on hand at the moment. I've asked Pete to start fishing for turtles and have forbidden the rest of the food in the village until what he catches it eaten, but I'm still worried about the delay. Sarek has told me some utterly terrifying stories of insanity and suffering caused by these fey modes, heard from Ukat about the old days before our parents left their home twenty years ago.

Oh Mother...

The 2nd Day of Felsite, 1071. Tirean's Historical Scriptures

Jack has become skilled enough by the old standards to be an elite marksdwarf. While I'm not really sure what it means, If considering oneself above the 'petty' jobs of hauling, crafting, and cooking is part of the role I hope that I never become so good at combat. Jack has become nearly unbearable with her attitude. If the brawl between her and Illeit tonight after the latter refused to serve Jack at her table, things could get much worse in the future.

5th Felsite
Echo has eaten the turtle tonight, I brought it to Mother who immediatly snatched the glossy bone and began to work upon it.

12th Felsite - Rikker's log

Dirty, dusty, tired. Those three words can hardly describe how I feel, and yet they are the best I can come up with in my current state of mind. It took me two days to finish Tostalath,two days of vigorous work and mindbending concentration, but I have done it. I have created one of the best.... no, THE best cabinet the world has ever seen.

Glacies has estimated the worth of the cabinet at 85,200 gnomeblight coins. Being our trader, her word is better than any other in estimating worth. However, I wouldn't part with this cabinet should I be offered twice or three times that value. It is unique, it is special... it is MINE.I have put it in the main room of the cathedral, to stand triumphantly next to my desk and alter as I give my sermons.

There is no other place acceptable for it.

15th Hematite
The humans from Onuthpesor have returned to trade with us, Never have I see a caravan so large. Over thirty merchants, all human, with ten wagons and enough pack mules to supply a large garrison for a year. The amount of goods they carry is... mind boggling. For dwarves such as us, it is a welcome sight to see them, moreso when they tell us that they will take anything we do not need.

We welcome them with open arms and freshly groomed beards.

19th Hematite
The merchants have settled in and have begun trading, their excess of iron goods a fair trade for our surplus of cloth and leather.
More troubling news, today a snatcher was seen near the south gate. As snatchers rarely attack without help from raiders, I've dispatched Mulch, Maggarg, and Jack to their respective locations to stop the goblins should the need arise.

21st Hematite
The goblins attacked the western gate today while Maggarg was sleeping after a long patrol. After killing the guard dogs the few that were not captured in traps fled the scene, only one lasher remained behind and was caught by Maggarg and Jack.

23rd Hematite
With Jack helpign Maggarg ensure the western gate was secure, a second squad of goblin lashers attacked the south gate. While thier attack had merit, the weakness of their weapons prevented them from doing any serious harm to our guard dogs, instead merely knocking the mutts unconsious (causing them to get captured in the cage traps nearby.) Jack arrived in time to finish off the last two goblins with her uncannily accurate bolts with ease.

14th Malachite
At long last Martain is walking, he was starting to get a little heavy. His first act was to race to the drink stockpile and grab a giant mug of River Spirits.

A strange child, that one.

20th Malachite
The Merchants have informed me today that they need to leave today. We don't mind, having unloaded a number of items to them... including our ballista arrows that have been sitting out for years. I told them them they are always welcome to visit, as they left Sakura threw a giant party in their honor.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:57:25 pm by Jamini »

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2008, 11:50:17 pm »

18th Limestone
Feb and Glacies have, after three years of courtship and engagement, finally married.

The ceremony was such that I have not seen in years. Glacies, her red hair bound up in long braided pigtails that fell well past her shoulders and halfway down her back walked stately through the crowd in the cathedral. Her silvery-pink gown catching only faintly on the smooth iron floor. At her side Feb was beaming in his nicest blue coat, it's bright colors bringing a few sounds of envy from Mulch as he stood at attention at my right. At my left stood Pete, his face stony. However even beyond his cold facade I could see a few tears of joy stealing from his eyes and running into his beard.

Together they walked down the aisle of the cathedral, their footsteps echoing in the large chamber as they came before my altar. I had chosen to wear my nicest robes for the occasion, a white robe made from the finest spun cloth of  Evalaco. Bangles of red and green pig tail hung from the cuffs in thin streamers as I passed my hands over thier heads and announced them man and wife. Two dwarves, bound forever by love and companionship till and beyond death.

Hail, Feb and Glacies Esrur!

19th Limestone

Jack has finally reached a level of skill with the crossbow that is so uncanny that it is nearly inexplicable.

Mulch and I have talked about it, and in regards to Feb and Glacies Wedding last night we have decided to host a huge wedding reception. Everyone is invited! we will party until dawn! Afterwards, Jack will be given some cross training with hammers, in case she finds herself in melee she will need the experience.

5th Timber

Today Evalaco was discovered dead in his cage, the old spider having passed away after years spent hunting down and killing numerous goblins, dogs, bulls, elves, humans, and bears.

When we brought it's body out we had a funeral procession, the spiders emancipated legs splayed out in a manner befitting our respect for it's recent demise as it was brought it's cage to the chasm for a permanent resting place.

May your afterlife be as eventful as your life, Evalaco Arile Midebi.

18th Timber

Jack sustained a minor spinal injury while sparring today. while mulch claims it will not affect her ability to fight, he refuses to allow anyone to spar with her anymore.

I'm starting to wonder if mulch is maiming our military on purpose. I'll talk with him about it tonight

19th Moonstone
A few goblins outside the west gate killed another dog today. We've got them in the prisoner stockpile.

The recent increase in goblin attacks and snatcher sightings worries me a little.

20th Moonstone
Three dogs were attacked by a squad of goblin spearmen today outside of the gates. Mulch, Maggarg, and Jack have all went out to deal with the problem.

3rd Obsidian

Fireheart is thirteen today. Unsurprisingly, when he was asked what profession he would like to follow for his adult life he stated that he wished to be a swordsman. It's little surprise, since as soon as he's been able to walk he has always been fascinated with swords and combat. This time I'm not going to let Mulch use a sword until the child can match him without one. Which may take some time.

1st Granite

Work on the grainery passes well. With the coming of spring the attacks on our borders come in lower frequency and with less ferocity.

One of the ponds I had breached when mining out a deposit of silver and casserite has flooded with the spring rainstorms, leaving the areas to the north of the barracks soaked with water. Things have been quiet, hopefully they will stay that way. Our bone stockpiles have finally been nearly depleted. However, even with this reduction in stocks there is still plenty for Feb to do as we butcher young animals when they mature.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:14:38 am by Jamini »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2008, 12:10:31 am »

A dwarven wedding where they wear clothes.  Now that is posh.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2008, 01:01:07 am »

Hey now, EVERYONE has clothes. Sarek is a full-time weaver, and Pete and Glacies both consistantly work with leather. In fact, most of the clothing the adults are wearing right now is at least made with exceptional cloth, exceptionally dyed with redroot dye, and has an exceptional image made of exceptional cloth by Sarek Eshan, exceptionally dyed with redroot dye.

:p
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:02:46 am by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:36 am »

That, my friends, is a 500 dwarfbuck sock. (It's Feb's left sock.)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2008, 01:08:18 am »

Yay! I can finally become a warrior!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2008, 01:13:45 am »

That is a damn fine sock there.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2008, 01:15:54 am »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:00:12 am by Jamini »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2008, 04:24:23 am »

Truly, they live like kings.
They actually wear clothes that don't have emergency mushrooms growing on them.
Ah, old uncle Maggarg would be pleased. He'd probably steal them.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2008, 06:19:39 pm »

'Tis a very sexy map Jamini.  May I suggest a fixed link?

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2008, 01:00:42 am »

I really don't know what happened there. (*><)

You said you like the map though? ^^
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:12:09 am by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 26, 2008, 02:17:15 am »

Guilt. My computer has been down again, so I have not had access too my history file buried in my savefile.

Apology. I shall get my computer working as soon as possible for an update. Delay may take a day or two more.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29