Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]  (Read 50657 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the world. Ulogeshud[Community Fortress]
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2008, 11:03:09 am »

Guessing randomly, Illiet then?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 11, 2008, 02:26:50 pm »

Cardinal 1! Nobody expected it!
Cardinal 1 and Maggarg is a happy person. Two, two happy people, Cardinal 1, Maggarg and Glacies are two happy people...
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2008, 02:32:56 pm »

Oh dear... Now suddenly I have an urge to change Maggarg's lover's profession into "Cardinal", It would fit well with how she fits into the story. :D
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 11, 2008, 03:45:48 pm »

Would that make her Rikkar's voice to the masses? Well mass anyway, there aren't that many of them.
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
-Albert Schweitzer

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 11, 2008, 04:05:29 pm »

Oh dear... Now suddenly I have an urge to change Maggarg's lover's profession into "Cardinal", It would fit well with how she fits into the story. :D

Frea was the leadership figure aside from Rikker, but she's out of the question.  The other three adults don't have much in the way of cardinal like leadership status.  Maybe it's Abod?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 11, 2008, 04:36:53 pm »

28th Slate - Rikkir's Log

Tirean has grown up today. I am so proud.

She has stated she does not know what profession that she wishes to take up. Thus I have offered to let her take over my duties as outpost manager and book keeper. While I know that my records will be accurate for several years with minimal maintenance, it still is a necessary that we have at least one person capable of doing so when I do pass away.

Mulch felt that it wasn't enough, and offered to take the child aside to discuss her future with her more. While I don't know what they talked about, I have a feeling I'm going to find out soon enough...

30th slate - Prisoner's Diary

Thirty days.

Time seems meaningless here, the only indication that it moves at all is the shifting of light outside of my door. The sounds and voices of the younger children as they play along the block road outside of my room the only reassuring sounds to me. They are my siblings and friends; simple, carefree, unconcerned with my fight for the elves. Why should they be? To them the elves are nothing more than intelligent animals, fit for taming, petting, and eventually killing for their bones and leather.

Twenty days.

Feb... he left me for his mother. What could he see in her worldview? What would drive him so fiercely from me, to support a woman who scorns her own flesh and blood. What would drive him to reject the very concept that she could be wrong... that she could be so cruel that she could order the death of dozens... no... hundreds of intelligent creatures to their deaths for a crime that she is fully aware they did not commit.

Ten days.

Ten days since Vicarrah visited, her childish facade failing to fool me into thinking that she cares for anything aside from my usefulness as her fall dwarf. She gave me her condolances, apologies as empty as her promises to push Rikkir to release me early. She stayed so distant and safe, letting me fight the battles worth fighting while she avoided all responsability and neatly dodged any implications for her help to me.

I'm done with her. I'm done with them all. Vicarrah can find another fool to stand up to Rikkir, I want nothing more to do with it any more. All I need is a crossbow at my side for hunting, and Feb for when I come back home. Nothing else.

10th Felsite

I've talked with Glaces, and she has apologized and asked for forgiveness for her actions. I do not know what prompted her to do so, but Mulch and Abod have voiced their concerns about keeping her locked up much longer. Thirst and hunger aside, keeping Pete's child locked up much longer might drive him to oppose me in the next argument, in which case I could end up losing far more than just his trust.

I do not trust Glacies at all, but she was exceptionally composed when release. Next year will tell.

3rd Hematite
To celebrate the coming of summer, I have released Evalaco into the labrynth.
The screams of the captive goblins and elves is music to my ears.

4th Hematite -Vicarrah's notes

Glacies is broken, useless. When I went to attempt to rerecruit her into our cause she was wholly unwilling to meet with me. I need to find a new front for our rebellion against the tyrant that is Rikkir Esker.

I need to bide my time, to find a reason to remove her from power. Once she is deposed or disposed of, I don't care which, we will be able to move our own agenda forward.

Patiance Vicarrah... patience.

11th Hematite - Rikkir's log
A trade caravan from Onuthpesor has arrived today, bringing with them a good supply of wood, exotic metals, and food. The new trade representative: Ridest Irkagelu, met with Glacies outside of the depot, his dress in such a regal manor that even I was impressed. I could see Sarek on the side, taking in the measurements of the robes with wide eyes as he greeted us, first in his tongue, then in ours. Then he proceeded to crack open a flagon of ale, pull out a loaf of bread, and immediately got down to business.

I could get to like these humans.

9th Malachite

Much trading was done. The merchants have left with considerably less in their caravan, and we have considerably more of the things we need. It A good trade, one beneficial to both sides.

In all, it's been a good week.

27th Galena

Today was Magarg's birthday. While all of us knew it, he surprised us by reminding us that it was in fact his coming-of-age year by walking up to the depot platform, and announcing that he wanted to be a guard for the village.

At first we thought we had misheard him. After all, for the most part we are secure here. But when pressed he told us that he felt that the few deaths we had already had were far too many to accept, and the in order to continue our survival we needed dwarves who were always on guard, who were always armed and ready to beat back a Goblin or Elvin attack.

I was about to reject his idea when Mulch walked marched up to join him, the iron sword at his side ringing slightly against it's holster as he removed it and told Maggarg to kneel. There, before all of us, he appointed the youth his squire and charge.

The very next day I met Tirean in the Mason's workshop, rapidly churning out blocks and cabinets.

10th Limestone

Hardly a month has passed since Maggarg's coming of age, and we find another squad of goblins once again at our door. Everyone has mobilized to meet the menace.

Much to my surprise, Echo was the first on the scene despite the restrictions I have placed on her movements. Without the spear that she commonly wields, she instead barreled into the goblins with her bare fists. The first goblin she collided with flying backwards from the force of her blow and exploding into gore when hitting a tree. Hardly a second later Pete arrived to help her as she tackled a second goblin, winding the beast. His axe distracting the creature long enough for her to shove it into the moat. When the rest of us arrived to help, the goblins were already fleeting from the powerful farmer.

For her deeds today, I have lifted the house arrest on Echo. Although I am curious where she gained such martial power so quickly, spending her days tending the fields as such. Perhaps the secret to ultimate martial prowess lies in growing cave wheat and sweet pods all year long after all.

11th Limestone

Apparantly while we battled the main assault force at the south gate, a second force of goblins led by one of the traitorous Elvin commanders attacked our west gate. Fortunatly, they had neglected to account for our traps at the gate and were promptly captured without us needing to lift a finger.

Feh.

We are starting to run out of room in the labyrinth...

17th Limestone

Pete went out to gather some lumber from the trees outside of the wall today. He ran into a pair of slugmen and a goblin arguing over existentialism along the way. I don't believe I've ever seen him so disturbed as he ate in the dining hall before.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:46:45 pm by Jamini »

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 11, 2008, 04:43:30 pm »

17th Limestone[/size]

Pete went out to gather some lumber from the trees outside of the wall today. He ran into a pair of slugmen and a goblin arguing over existentialism along the way. I don't believe I've ever seen him so disturbed as he ate in the dining hall before.[/font]
[/font]
Wah?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 11, 2008, 05:05:41 pm »

I think we're getting sidetracked here. Rikkar has mandated...a comfy chair!
---------
-Albert Schweitzer

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:32 pm »

3th Sandstone - Rikkier's Log

Today Mulch told me about his progress training Maggarg, citing the child had already become a professional-level wrestler after only a few months of practice. He claims that Maggarg has learned moves that took him years to perfect in half the time, and has requested that he be allowed to have more free time to help the child train. So much, in fact, that he would be unlikely to able to return to his old job as a mason in any real capacity.

I argued with him for a short while, but his persistence and tactics are undeniably moving. Besides, with the constant goblin attacks I do see the need for a standing military to drive them off. Our Traps... our traps do not always work, and when goblins do enter the village things become very dangerous for our families. Not to say anything about the snatchers who constantly patrol outside of our gates.

In order to authenticate his position I have held an official ceremony with all twenty-five of us in attendance today. As the last of the stragglers arrived I was announced that Mulch is considered an Eilite Wrestler and head of our standing military, a position of equal status to my own as High Priestess, and our sheriff Pete. Everyone seemed a little taken back by the announcement but there was no argument against my declaration. For the first time in months everyone has been united behind a single idea even Glacies.

As for weapons... Mulch told me very wholeheartedly that he wished to wield a sword. I find it only natural that Maggarg train in the same weapon.

11th Timber

After leaving the amazing party that Creamcorn threw today, I stagged back to my desk to find a veritable mountain of paperwork from Feb and Echo holding complaints about a group of belligerent snailmen to the south, who had approached them and attempted to convert them over to their neo-intellectual religion. Quite intelligently both of them had fled before their minds could be converted to the slugman's cause and their souls forfeit in the eyes of Likot.  This trespass into my domain is not to be tolerated. Their advances on our religion, coupled with their innate disgusting appearance, is not tolerable. Additionally, it is interfering with our work on the south side of the river. Seeing as he Mulch now has plenty of free time, considering that his sole concern is training Maggarg  I asked both of them to go "talk" to them and "convince" them to leave.

...I wonder how things are going over there?

12th Timber

The final effect of yesterday's was... less than steller.

Initially Mulch spent some time talking with the snailmen, asking them politely to leave as per my exact orders (he never was one for subtleties). At the time Maggarg was still asleep, having missed the message to meet mulch by the gates. When it became apparent that they fully intended to stay as squatters and convert us all to what they called "Dualism" to their own. I don't understand it fully, although they way mulch explained it was that the snailmen were attempting to divide the world into two main opposing forces so that they can separate themselves from reality, or other such nonsense.  Eventually mulch grew tired of their ramblings and began counting backwards from three. The snailmen, catching on quickly, began to run. Unfortunately their slow mode of travel resulted in what was a brief and very one-sided fight against them.

A short time after the snailmen were no more, a group of slugmen came up and began cheering both Mulch and Maggarg, calling them the saviors of Gastropodity and the way of independent thought. They gave high praise to both men, looking almost as if they would leave peacefully.

Until Maggarg asked them what they were talking about. Confused for a moment, the slugmen looked at each other, their eyestalks quivering as they realized they had met one of the unenlightened (as they put it). Without hesitation they launched into a full-out description of existentialism, which according to Maggarg's description has much to do with recreating all of existence in your mind so it really exists...

Needless to say, slugmen and snailmen look very similar when cut into multiple shreds of fleshy pieces.

16th Moonstone

Today a squad of goblins attacked the southern gate.

Watching them fight against Mulch and Maggarg was entertaining too see. The splatter was so spectacular that a bit of blood landed on the upper-crenelations of the crossbowman tower... nearly forty feet up!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 12, 2008, 01:21:45 pm »

Because I haven't done so in a while.

Map - Year 1070

It's a little ahead of the current log, but if you want to see the fortress in it's current incarnation (plus a small spoilier) there it is.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 12, 2008, 04:34:50 pm »

Yaaay, I'm useful.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

And they made a very satisfying thump.
---------
-Albert Schweitzer

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2008, 05:12:31 pm »

Totally random tip for silk farming:

If a Giant Cave Spider has EVER eaten a dwarf, a pet, or a trained animal, they will never again attack goblin captives.

... It's a shame really. I suppose I'll need to use those goblins to train Maggarg.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 13, 2008, 07:58:24 pm »

Granite 1st

After observing the actions of Evalaco and the goblins, I have determined that narrow corredors, even if they are fortifications that the spider can see through, are not conductive to gathering silk. So, with this new year our project is going to be opening the Labrynth up into a great Arena that all of us can observe and enjoy.

Granite 10th - Rikkir's Log

Another caravan of elves has arrived at the depot. As a test of faith, I've told Glacies to direct them into the platform and pull the lever to lock them away. Should she betray me in any way, I will clearly have enough evidence to lock her away for the rest of her natural life. She has been quite sincere when I have spoken to her about the elves, explaining their past transgressions against our kind. Explaining exactly why we need to kill every elf who comes into our home without question, and without rancor.

Still, it would be disappointing should she misuse my trust. After all, Feb does love her. Since her release she has spent increasingly more time near the village, talking with him and many of the other more trustworthy dwarves. I fear that if she should betray me again, I might even need to be as drastic as to lock both of them away.

...I should check on them.

Slate 3rd - Rikkir's Log

My fears for Feb and Glacies were unfounded. Almost without question Frea's oldest child has locked away the elves, her face impassive as she watched the expressions on their faces turn from curiosity and excitement, to confusion, and finally fear as they realized our plans for them.

Mulch and Maggarg's progress in wrestling is astonishing. Within a few short seasons the two of them have become so blazingly fast that none of the rest of us can keep up, not even Pete.  Mulch has barred both himself and his open-faced squire from engaging in any bar brawls or the likes, to protect anyone else who might cause trouble.

I am glad they are family, otherwise I would be worried at how strong they are becoming.

The Events of Felsite 6th

Lances of moonlight lit the stony paths of Ulolgeshud, brightly illuminating the stone so that it shone like quicksilver while the faintly raised ledges cast narrow shadows that gave the street an outline not unlike those seen in a painting. At the head of the road sat the dusky green depot, its dark and foreboding confines rising over the small houses and farms with a powerful aura. From within, the sobs of the elven captives could be heard. Cries for help, hardly louder than the soft mewling of a fox pup separated from it's parents, echoed in the night air as the occupants bitterly attempted to doze.

"♪Through hill and vale we traveled ere,
 To find a home where we could reap,
 The bountiful harvest that would be there,
 And safety from the demon's seek.♫"

On the north side of the depot, a bright, cheery song from the mead hall rang out in sharp contrast. The almost gaudy granite walls seeming ready to burst with light and as a rowdy struggle between two of the stout creatures broke into a full-out wrestling match. On the sidelines, two of the dwarves were dinkering over a pile of amber-colored coins, cheering at one or the other of the wrestlers as they counted the money they were going to make from the bet. A cheer rose up as the stouter of the two wrestlers, a red-haired beast of a dwarf, pinned his opponent. The latter's leg in such a hold that it prevented him from continuing to fight.

"♪Though beset we did not fail
Nor falter as we saw death's door
Instead we dug, and brewed our ale,
We carved out a life from this forest moor.♫"

Inside of the depot, the elves listened mournfully. Thinking of the time they had spent away from their homes, their forest retreat. The chances of their successful escape dwindling every day with the size of their rations. Even the animals, bred and raised amongst the elven society so that their intelligence and natures were closer to that of the elves, had finally become silent. Almost as if they had lost hope.

"♪ Axe to the tree, bit to the plow,
Pick to the earth, knife to the bone,
From then one, we survived 'till now,
In this peaceful place we call our home!♫"

The music and revelry from the mead hall grew again, a lively dancing tune strummed up on a wooden fiddle. The rowdy song of the dwarves echoing in the depot as the elves tried to shut their ears. As the dwarves sang painful songs of cutting trees, butchering innocents, and bringing pain, the elves withdrew into themselves, seeking a way out. Seeking an escape. Then... something snapped.

One of the elves stood, his eyes afire as he sang a descant to the song. His soft voice a harsh counterpart

"♫And ere the cowards they did lay,
Those foolish men who run from day,
In wait to ambush the honest man,
As from authorities they ran.♪"

As he sang, he motioned to his companions who quickly joined in. Their eyes alight as a half-invented tune came to mind. The dwarves fell silent as the elves sang, their silvery voices ringing out into the night.

"♫ With axe and plow and pick and knife
They used to make this place their home,
and steal wood, and earth, and stone, and bone
to use to take another's life.♪

♫ So now they squat, with their crude tools
These cowards who ran from their death knell,
And even now their souls damned to hell,
What honor have these bearded fools?♪"

The music stopped, the elves song hanging in the air like a mist. The dreadful lyrics almost tangible in the night sky. For a moment there was no sound, even the animals the elves had brought with them had went silent, unmoving. Then, the gate opened.

The elves launched forward to the opening, their faces twisted into fierce mockeries of the calm expressions that had been on them just moments before. Mulch and Maggarg were in the front, their swords flashing in the moonlight as they felled crazed elf and fey animal as one. Their faces grim as blood sloshed onto the stone pavement below their feet. At first the two of them seemed enough to hold back the tide of elves, and then slowly and intolerably they were pushed back, separated by the press of bodies as the forerunners of the elves lurched out onto the street, foam forming at their mouths as the sought dwarven flesh.

Mulch found himself backing up, his sword hacking off limb after limb as he withdrew. As he ducked away from the daggers and fists of the merchants he found himself getting further and further away from Maggarg, unable to press forward due to the crush of bodies before him. With nearly supernatural agaility he continued to duck backwards, until he hit the side of the entrance.

Mulch rebounded, stunned, as he hit the mechanisms. Stars flew in his eyes for a moment as he struggled to keep his head about him. Before him an elf took the opening that he had given and lunged for him, driving the champion to the ground and pinning his sword under his armor. For a brief moment Mulch felt a twinge of fear as the elf's head lashed down, it's uncannily sharp teeth lashing out towards a gap in his armor.

The Elf never made it. Mulch felt the entire creature shudder, it's eyes going wide and then gazing over as it died in his arms. As he struggled to his feet, he turned the creature over to find a crossbow quarrel in it's back.

Mulch stood and freed his sword, spending a second to regain his bearings. At once he spotted Glacies, who stood less than five feet from him. As he watched, she released a flurry of bolts into a knot of elves around Maggarg, her bolts unerringly striking at the vital parts of the elves and bringing them down in droves. Within half a minute it was over, the elves little more than steaming corpses at her feet.

On the far side of the depot Maggarg stood up and smiled under his helmet, a whisp of red hair floating in the breeze as he gave his sister a thumbs up sign. Behind her Mulch also found himself smiling, his expression warm under his helmet.

"Hey, you did good..." He started to congratulate her his voice trailing off as she walked away from both of the swordsdwarves. Her face obscured by the darkness.  Slowly she stooped at the entrance of the depot and pulled something free from the twist of elven, donkey, and mule corpses. A small, furred corpse, it's russet coloration a familier sight to anyone who spent even a few hours with the hunter.

The stars glittered softly, as glacies wept over the body of the her small dog.

13th Felsite - Rikkir's log

Today I went up to the mead hall to find out how Tirean was getting along with her job as a clerk now.

Imagine my surprise when I find her and Maggarg wrapped together in a tight embrace. When they discovered my presence, both of them blushed and stammered while I laughed heartily. It's a good thing, young love.

13th Hematite

Glacies toppled one of the masterpiece statues in the cathedral atrium today. She has given no reasons why, but this sort of action is unacceptable. I would have done nothing, but the humans arrived today and were on the scene when the crime was committed. With such witnesses, I must save face and address the issue at hand. I've ordered Glacies beaten, with the charge of vandalism. While Pete's expressed sadness when he heard the verdict, I know he will follow through.

I've told him NOT to use his axe for the duration. I also would have told Glacies to wear plate armor if she didn't do so already.

14th Hematite
Glacies endured the beating without hardly filching. One of these days I really should sit down and talk with that girl. I'd love to know what goes on in her head.

16th Hematite
For entertainment for our guests, we have release Evalaco, the dogs, and the captives to fight to the death in our new arena. The battle was so messy that many of the humans excused themselves to vomit before it ended.

Even Evalaco did not emerge from the fighting unscathed, the chitin on his third leg was broken open and profusely bleeding and he seemed ready to fall over when we examined him through his cage. If we did not want to have the precious silk to sell, I would almost recommend taming him so that we could tend to the wound.

9th Malachite
One of our two breeding wolves died of old age today. Fortunately, one of our current pups is male, so we will not be out for a dog wolf for very long. Still... this death troubles me far greater than any I have seen in these halls.

Trading goes well with the humans. We have so many goods looted from the goblins, in addition to the clothing we have made for them, that we could have bought twice the value of their entire caravan with ease and room to spare. As it is, we are practically stuffing their caravans full of the things we don't need just to get rid of them.

I suspect these merchants will be very rich men back in Onuthpesor.

14th Malachite

Today I've had my... erm... eighth son, and fifteenth child.

I've decided to name him Martain after... er... well.

To be frankly honest, I am starting to run out of relatives and other things to name my kids. I just happen to like the name Martain, is that a crime?

8th Galena

Our male tame grizzly bear died of old age today. Fortunately all three of it's current children are male.

Looking at our current animal stocks, I'm going to start instituting an animal replacement program for our older pets to ensure we never have one of our breeding stock die out without a suitable replacement.
20th Galena

Today Maggarg has sustained a neck injury. In the interest of not losing one of our children (and one of our best swordsdwarves), I've told him to refrain from sparring for the time being.

He wasn't happy about it, but Mulch agrees with me that it is too dangerous for him to continue sparring with him.

9th Limestone

Jack became a peasent today. Being a marksdwarf is as good as anything we can have her do. It's not like we are short on hands around here. She protested a little, but when I reminded her of our extreme excess of bone practice bolts she seemed to perk up a little bit.

14th Moonstone

Tirean has become a truly exceptional manager, her ability at revising and reorganizing our schedules to finish the more pressing needs of the village is stunning to observe firsthand. Because of this, and the growing needs of Martain, I have inducted Tirean into the Priesthood of the temple of Likot. She is now officially our Cardinal.

17th Moonstone

A fell wind has befallen our fortress.

Lafo Femavavafice Asi Nevele, the Elf Recruit and a local leader of Omoamxu has arrived with a raiding group to attack our small home from the west gate while a squad of bowgoblins attacks from the south.

Mulch was the first on the scene in the west, his silver sword flashing as he dove into the tightly packed group of hammergoblins to attack their elven leader. He parried the elf swordsman's blade with Amag Ugosh Ostar, the Wolf Bone Buckler, taking the opportunity that the swing had presented to drive his sword into Lafo's arm. A second later the elf had passed out from the pain, his chest exposed to mulch, who quickly drove his blade home and ended the fell elf's life. With a grin he then proceeded to clothesline the next two goblins, bringing both to the ground with one attack and lopping off an arm from each.

In the south Maggarg arrived first, climbing over top of the watchdog's bodies to jump upon the first bowgoblin. Dodging two arrows meant for his heart, he quickly ran into the lead goblin, forcing the air out of the creature's lungs and driving it to the ground with his blade before breaking it's hand with the pommel with his iron sword. As the goblin screamed he kicked it over to expose it's chest and plunged the sword through it's body, the blade shaking as the goblin swiftly died. With a malicious grin he then charged at the remaining four goblins. The next to block him was a wrestler, who's hand found Maggarg's head as the dwarf charged. Stunned for a moment, the goblin swiftly attempted to move in and overwhealm the dwarf, but months of practice payed off at that point as Maggarg twisted aside at the last moment and used the goblin's momentum to send it flying with a broken arm. Seconds later, the goblin was unconscious and Maggarg was free to charge the last three of the goblins.

The remaining bowmen, aware of the fate of their friend, filled the air full of bolts at Maggarg's approach, the latter simply raising his shield to bat the iron bolts aside as if they were paper. For a few seconds Maggarg and the bowman fought hand to hand, the goblin swinging it's crossbow wildly to ward away the wicked iron blade, then it noticed the form of Mulch coming over the hills. Almost in unison the remaining goblins fled, the last of them getting caught on a stone just long enough that Maggarg was able to hamstring it and then proceed to end it's life in the most painful way imaginable.

22nd Moonstone

Glacies was ambushed by a pair of goblin pikemen while hunting in the mountaintops today. Caught by surprise at close range, she was nevertheless quick enough to send a bolt into each of her assailants as they charged at her. Once in melee, the three of them fought viciously, her wielding her crossbow like a hammer, battering aside their dreadful thrusts with a vicious determination and them never giving up one inch. After what seemed like an eternity she managed to throw one of the two goblins over a nearby cliff, giving the goblin some painful bruises as she used the second the maneuver gave her to stand, before the second goblin finally landed a blow on her leg. At once she went down, still conscious but in pain, she fired scrambled to load her crossbow one last time in an attempt to take down the goblin. It succeeded, her bolt flew true and lodged itself in the goblins left leg. Yowling in pain the remaining goblin retreated, fading quickly into the underbrush.

The second goblin was not so lucky. As it fled from Glacies at the foot of the cliff, it found itself inside of the confines of the village. The sleepy stone houses of Ulolgeshud smiling brightly as dawn threatened in the sky. Seeking shelter, the goblin attempted to skirt the buildings and flee out the main gate, avoiding our citizens as well as it could. At the same time Jack has just arrived at her shooting range with a fresh stack of bolts, upon spotting the goblin a brief shift in her aim and a slight raise of the muzzle of the weapon brought the end to the goblin with almost supernatural speed.

27th Moonstone
Feb rescued Glacies today. Their reunion was more touching than anything I have seen in a long time. Indeed, even now he refuses to leave her side except to fetch her food or water.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:09:57 pm by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2008, 08:02:58 pm »

I'll be adding pictures very shortly. I've got fourteen to put in so it'll take a little while to get them all uploaded and added to the posts.

Yeah... I'm around a year ahead of what I just posted, by the way. :D

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29