Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: tileset  (Read 1847 times)

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: tileset
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 12:43:45 pm »

I much prefer pure ASCII for actual character sets, but I don't mind creature graphics if made to match with the ASCII stuff. For example, I have a set where humans are also little faces, but without beards, and I find that better than H.

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 12:17:32 pm »

I much prefer pure ASCII for actual character sets, but I don't mind creature graphics if made to match with the ASCII stuff. For example, I have a set where humans are also little faces, but without beards, and I find that better than H.
Which set is that?
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 04:01:26 pm »

I like ASCII of some sort, without graphics. The only symbols I allow to change are beds and dwarves (since they aren't used for anything else). And walls, i like to make walls more smoothed or ,spikey :). Just look at last two years of pagebend in at map archive :)

Is there a link to this set(s)?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 04:04:03 pm »

I use Mayday's which i altered to my own personal preferences.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 08:20:08 pm »

I've yet to find a graphics set that works on mac in a way that i prefer over straight ascii, i'm open to suggestions though.

Aesomatica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 04:27:32 pm »

Sphr's graphics set (There is a "director's cut" on the wiki) and Jackard's (Redjack) character set. "Natural" color scheme. I use Dwarf Foreman and Autohotkey. Custom Grid to your screen size. It looks and feels much better to play than the defaults.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 06:28:31 pm »

Dystopia Rhetoric is my favorite, but I've modified it extensively to fill in gaps and errors.

This thread is a vote on favorite tile sets, MM and DR are clearly the winners
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=26945.0

P.S.  I find it shameful that it took 3 posts before an even remotely helpful reply was given to the OP.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:47:14 pm by Impaler[WrG] »
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

ShamedShadow

• Escaped Lunatic
  • AMERICAAAAAA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 08:25:15 pm »

I personally like redjack's tileset. I find it to be close enough to ASCII that it's tolerable for me, but different enough that it isn't just a different font or what-not.
"Faith is like an empty cup. When you're small, the glass is small and easier to fill. But as you grow, so too does the cup, and it becomes harder and harder to fill."
Pages: 1 [2]