Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting  (Read 468872 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting
« Reply #510 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »

end game content added. 

1) I think you missed the point of this thread
2) End game?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2010, 03:22:08 pm »

The link to Granite26's suggestion list on the original post is still linking to what I'm guessing is the old wiki instead of df.magmawiki.com

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 17, 2010, 02:43:23 pm »

Thanks to Zabigu. My votes went for:

* Multithreading support
    * 64bit native DF
    * Job Priorities

Also, some of the suggestions are doubles, such as Trading options or remembering the trade agreements. I'd vote for that too if I could. Insensible "repeat same thing again" tasks for the player should be eliminated. But current biggest problem with DF is the FPS loss that you get, or at least I do in all my forts ever since 2010. Seems it started to happen with blood spatter, Parts of it may have been fixed, but I think some big clog is still there that causes at least my forts to grind down to unplayability by their year 5.

Multithreading or giving path finding to second CPU could bring a lot of additional juice.

Also some of the voted suggestions have already been implemented, afaik.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:52:31 pm by jei »
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Adn88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2010, 03:06:01 pm »

I voted for:

Multi-threading support
Standing Production Orders
Workshop Material Selection

Multi-threading would be a huge help because almost all new computers today have at least a dual core processor and it would really speed things up.

Standing Production orders would be helpful because it takes away some of the annoying micromanaging you have to do to keep certain things in stock that you can't just set to continuously produce due to potential resource shortage (ie booze)

However, I think that the Workshop Material Selection would be the best thing right now because i've found that it can get annoying when trying to make something out of magma safe material but your dwarf keeps making it out of  limestone.

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »

Hey Toady, you have code for river generation on surface, why underground don't have any rivers, only miserable pools of water?

Give us real running rivers and lakes on all underground layers.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »

Hey Toady, you have code for river generation on surface, why underground don't have any rivers, only miserable pools of water?

We did for a while, but they spawned from no where and vanished into bottomless pits.  They sucked all living things down eventually, so they weren't very interesting by the time the player found them.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2010, 03:42:23 am »

Voted for

*  Improved (Speed Up) Pathfinder.
    * Standing production orders
    * Workshop Material Selection

I'd vote for Improved (Speed Up) Pathfinder. 3 times if it was possible tho   :)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:57 am »

The link to Granite26's suggestion list on the original post is still linking to what I'm guessing is the old wiki instead of df.magmawiki.com

Not sure i follow.  Is this somerhing i should fix?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 11, 2010, 02:34:16 pm »

Not sure i follow.  Is this somerhing i should fix?

No, it was a link in Toady's post.

More importantly, I posted this in the wrong thread. I was talking about the OP in the other stickied thread, "Suggestions Forum Organization".

Silverbel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »

Hey, I voted for things and I don't feel like hard-selling my votes, but I'm being active.
*waves from the bleachers*

We want a pitcher! Not a belly-itcher!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2010, 02:15:27 am »

I was just looking at the eternal suggestions voting page and I noticed that there are still a couple of topics that have been marked [RESOLVED] and have yet to be deleted. Not to sound insulting, but they have been like that several months now and I doubt that any votes on them are going to be relocated any time soon. I personally am in favor of deleting them and freeing up some more room in the top 30.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2010, 08:27:27 am »

I was just looking at the eternal suggestions voting page and I noticed that there are still a couple of topics that have been marked [RESOLVED] and have yet to be deleted. Not to sound insulting, but they have been like that several months now and I doubt that any votes on them are going to be relocated any time soon. I personally am in favor of deleting them and freeing up some more room in the top 30.

Thanks for reminding me.  I meant to do that when 31.13 came out, or whichever version it was.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:27 am »

Wow, Draco, you can manage the voting list? Any change we could rename the "abstract the interface" suggestion to something more general, because:
1) Toady repeatedly stated that he doesn't want to work with other people
2) There are people who would vote for interface but not for the abstraction because they know of 1)

I think a simple rename to "improve the interface, any way you deem suitable" should suffice. We could also link it to this thread with general interface suggestions.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 22, 2010, 10:17:42 am »

Wow, Draco, you can manage the voting list?

No, I can only manage the ones I added, and I--being one of the first users--added about 30 items that were popular at the time.

And I'm not joking.  That's the top suggestions, everyone in green is one I added (I've got 8 of the top 11).

(Edit: votes cleared from the 4 [resolved] items I own)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:25:06 am by Draco18s »

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 24, 2010, 01:22:28 pm »

Wow, Draco, you can manage the voting list? Any change we could rename the "abstract the interface" suggestion to something more general, because:
1) Toady repeatedly stated that he doesn't want to work with other people
2) There are people who would vote for interface but not for the abstraction because they know of 1)

I think a simple rename to "improve the interface, any way you deem suitable" should suffice. We could also link it to this thread with general interface suggestions.
I don't think it's out of place: after all, the raws are there for editing; presumably this suggestion aims at something in the same vein.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58