Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass  (Read 3952 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: King of Dragon Pass
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 01:44:35 pm »

well it's hard to say about replayability. on one hand two games are unlikely to be the same (more similar than, say, 2 games of Galactic Civilizations), but on the other hand your enoyment comes alot from abserving all the events and heroquests, in which case your first game will get you half way there, and after the 5th game you will be bored...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 08:18:52 am »

Well, yeah, the game formula doesn't change and the plots are somewhat limited.

But... What game isn't like that?

Hm.... games what I was playing for a very long time maybe and I never felt that "damn the same stuff again".. Master of Magic or Galciv2 for example..but these are very different games compared to KoDP.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 08:59:54 am »

x-com for me. But well... I only played King of blahblah twice in very very long games, maybe that's why I never found it to be repetitive.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 03:49:36 pm »

We've started construction of a town now, my old king who ruled for ages died, then someone else took his place because I had no suitable successor. Later he would be ousted but before that some girl tried to make a kingdom, I agreed to help her, she didn't get the king to go along then later on when she did the ceremony she died, then our queen tried to claim the throne, but I decided to run away. She died, so did the kingdom. Now I'm king and we're working on this town, I've ushered in a new age of peace where I have no enemies. The markets are flourishing, the crops are doing well and I've recently taken a group of dinosaurs for my herds. Things are pretty good, yet I think that's about to change.

EDIT: The game just ended a few years later, I got everyone to declare peace everything was well, then I married the horse queen.
Maybe I'll start the game over only this time be a war like clan instead of a balanced clan that goes peace then makes friends with EVERYONE! Seriously I had no enemies and had not been raided in decades, I even convinced the Tusk Raiders to leave me alone.

I dunno, I'm kinda attached to Grey Storm clan, it kinda feels like I made a clan nurtured it determined every aspect of it, then was left behind before the tale was truly done. For example I got a prophecy that in 172 years all this stuff would happen to the clan including the disruption of the place of men and women and an impossible marriage. I wanted to find out what that was about, even if it ment waiting a long time to do so.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:45:24 pm by Pnx »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 03:31:15 pm »

I have this game and have tried it several times, but it always kinda confuses me. It looks like a board game but it's more like a strategy game... the Quests (stories? missions?) are somewhat annoying in that you have to memorize and replay them and you can die on them - first I thought it was like role playing, cause the "enemies" would often be sort of actors and would criticize you for not sticking to the plot, but then a giant spider would eat me, for real - that's one hell of an actor!

I heard this game is related to the HeroQuest series/role playing game. Not that I know anything about that tho.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 06:05:56 pm »

Where could I get this?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Dryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:45 am »

You can pick it up off A Sharps website: http://a-sharp.com/buy/

You come back from the mansions of sleep with your pockets full of silverware.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 02:49:03 pm »

yes. there is no other way to get it. If only there was some way to banditize games in the open oceans....

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:23:58 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 [2]