Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Godsend for modders  (Read 974 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Godsend for modders
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:30 pm »

09/11/2008: I'm still sorting through how to set up the new entity raws. I didn't want to hardcode any of the new military positions, so all of the entity positions will be coming out into the raw txt files. Your monarch, the hammerer, the outpost liaison, as well as all the site appointments and the guard positions, and the rest will all be there, in addition to some military structure (which will have to depend on site size among other things). I haven't yet decided how much randomization will be there at this time or how that will work (it's one of the near term goals posted so it has to be respected now to save myself some time later). In any case, it's sort of off-and-on work, since there are a lot of stumbling blocks that need to be stewed over. From the Future of the Fortress goals, I'm elevating

* Improving military organization/command structure
    * Having civ/site leaders organize armies and continue world gen wars
    * Improvements to dwarf mode squad control
    * Make caves and the underground more interesting

booyah.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Godsend for modders
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:17:08 pm »

09/11/2008: I'm still sorting through how to set up the new entity raws. I didn't want to hardcode any of the new military positions, so all of the entity positions will be coming out into the raw txt files. Your monarch, the hammerer, the outpost liaison, as well as all the site appointments and the guard positions, and the rest will all be there, in addition to some military structure (which will have to depend on site size among other things). I haven't yet decided how much randomization will be there at this time or how that will work (it's one of the near term goals posted so it has to be respected now to save myself some time later). In any case, it's sort of off-and-on work, since there are a lot of stumbling blocks that need to be stewed over. From the Future of the Fortress goals, I'm elevating

* Improving military organization/command structure
    * Having civ/site leaders organize armies and continue world gen wars
    * Improvements to dwarf mode squad control
    * Make caves and the underground more interesting

booyah.

Indeed, fantastic! I am very pleased that Toady is developing the game like this. We will be able to change everything in the RAWs, and its just perfect.  8)

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:51 pm »

most thing i'm looking forward to do with the raws is making specific adjustments to make some parts more difficult/chalanging/fun (example; less food, make wall building cost 3 stones or so) these kinds of things, tho these are specific things that are currently hard woded (and will remain so for a while probably) It's minor small things i'm after that bug me ^.^

so, horaaaay \o/

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:51:46 pm »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!!! In more ways than one! ;D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:51:13 am »

W00T!

Oh wait, this isn't the starcraft forums. (THANK GOD!)
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.