Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Civilization from SvS is your favorite?

Freaks
- 6 (19.4%)
Valkyries
- 2 (6.5%)
Amazons
- 4 (12.9%)
Vikings
- 2 (6.5%)
Orcs
- 2 (6.5%)
Drunks
- 5 (16.1%)
Elders
- 1 (3.2%)
Dvergars
- 0 (0%)
Eh, whatever
- 9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sage Vs. Sodom, New Version Beta 0.80!  (Read 19690 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Vs. Sodom Mod, now with Valkyries and Fiends!
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 12:12:15 pm »

While I don't know if its a problem with the newest version my woodcutter keeps dropping his ax, walking away, then going back and picking it up again. Looking at his inventory when he is holding it it says great axe instead of battle axe and rather than a particular hand it says multigrasp. Looking into the weapon object raws I saw that you had 3 different axes listed and changed the great axe two hand and minimum size to the same as the battle axe. This appears to have fixed the problem but it needs to be adressed, have only one axe in the game otherwise it may cause problems.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 01:33:22 pm »

Set the guy to use two weapons instead of one will also fix that problem, allowing you to make them wield multigrasp weaponry.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:38 pm »

How do I set people to use two handed weaponry? While we're at it, how do I select my starting Civilization?
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 02:08:13 pm »

Press v, find the dwarf you want, 'p' 's' and then there ought to be an option to set the number of weapons.

Selecting starting civilizations is done by pressing tab until you get to a screen with a list of possible civilizations, which you navigate with the + and - keys.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 08:41:44 pm »

For more fun, dive into the raws, enter the entity_default, find the [civ_selectable] (or something like that) tag, cut and paste it into another civ.

Then, you can play as drunks instead of vikings, for instance.
*Yet another Disclaimer: I haven't tested this feature with all civs, so be warned.  I know that the kobolds will not work with this feature.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:27 pm »

Apparently you can get drunks as traders... they came at the same time as the elders and I found that two different caravans can occupy the same depot with no problems (when you go to trade it allows you to select which group to trade with). On a side note the kobold thieves are showing up as black spaces, in looked into the graphic thing and changed a few numbers for the kobold thieves and I think they look like orcs now... (haven't seen the orcs yet)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 12:28:16 am »

Thanks for the reports, I didn't think the drunks and the elders would show at once, but considering the lack of goods each of them offers, it's fair.

In regards to the kobolds:  Now that I think of it, I know exactly what's wrong.  I changed the graphics file name from mayday to maydaymodified, so the kobolds are probably still set to look in mayday, which no longer exists.  That may be it.  I'll see if I can fix it.

Also, how are the amazons doing in worldgen?  I know they simply can't survive long in the warworld setup, but know they sometimes do alright in other settings.  I may remove aging stuff for them, like the valkyries.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:46 pm »

New poll, will probably update the mod today. 
This may be the last update. :'(

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 12:11:32 am »

Trying this mod and so far it seems good.  My dwarves vikings managed to build up a decent size fort but food ran short when animals stoped migrating into the valley they settled in, making them lose their major source of food.  Knowing that they have enough food to last for a while, the vikings started building an igration system to begin farming the mountain while waiting for the caravan to show up to buy more food.  The caravan finaly arrives, and the vikings begin rushing to load goods up in the trade depot when suddely Orcs rush from the hills and raid the caravan.  Before any help can arrive the orcs destory one wagon before loseing to the guards.  The spooked merchants run away, leaving only the remains of the one caravan, which sadly had no food.  But there was still hope left for the vikings as the water undergroun finaly washes away leaving fertile land for growing.  Apon tilting the wet rock, the vikings make a suitable farm area only to realize one crutial fact; they have no seeds....

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 08:16:12 am »

Thanks for posting, you've given me hope for continuing this mod.  Honestly, your problem seems more DF related than due to my mod, although some versions do have a problems where the Viking raws are stuck between cave dwelling and surface dwelling.

Looks like you found out Viking are surface dwellers the hard way...

Actually, if you want a "dwarflike" experience, change the raws so you're playing as the Dverger.  They live in mountain fortresses.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

This must go on.

I am even trying to make a good looking tile set for the various races. It is slow work, I have little skill at it, but by the gods, if you make this happen, I will put some cool images to go along with it!
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 11:27:31 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement, and I'd appreciate any additions you might have tilewise.

I already got some tiles made, well at least for the ladies ;D

Course, I almost failed Art in High School, so you may have better tiles than me.

Current plan is to add special unarmed attacks to all races, then put up the new version.  When this will happen, hard to say.

And, some of the special unarmed attacks won't be lewd!  Yay!

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 04:11:23 pm »

Problems:
1. The only freaks who seem to have working graphics for them is the Freak Stripemaker.  Merchants, Guild Representives, and Violators, do not.
2. Sages are called Elders.
3. Sages bowman should be realy called something else, seeing as they use wands.

I am having a good experience with this.  My food shortage was cured when a Dvergar caravan came to trade and I managed to buy plump helmets, good old plump helmets.  I have yet to see any Valkyries or Amazons though I am not even sure they survived world gen.  Also Orcs and kobolds seem to only ambush when during the times of the year when trade caravans arrive, or at least thats when I detect them.  The problem with this is since the caravans always seem to have guards I never have to fight at all.  I recomend puting some of the caravans, like the drunks and sages perhaps, to not have guards so as to allow ambushes to reach the player's fortress.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 02:17:26 am »

Actually, I could see the drunks and sages not having guards for story reasons.  Essentially, drunks are too...well drunk to guard anything, and sages don't believe in punishing for theft.

Sages were originally called Elders because pre-tileset they were walking 'E's.

Hm, I thought I changed the Sage wandusers into Artificers instead of bowmen.  Maybe that's just in the new version.

I freely admit that I only finished a small number of the Freak graphics.  The rest should be humans, though I may have deleted the humans from the tileset I used for this.  Didn't want to upset Mayday.

If I recall correctly, Valkyries won't show up for a while, you're suppose to get sieged by the Orcs first.  That's more to help when I'm playing the Drunks as my civilization more than anything else, as the Orcs have copper armor.

In the current online version, Amazons usually don't survive world gen, but Valkyries sometimes do.  I fixed that (hopefully) in the next version.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 08:04:57 pm »

New release, with naked tilesets!

EDIT: April Fools!

Sorry folks, but I don't think Toady would allow me to keep posting and putting up mods if I actually distributed a naked tileset.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5