Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Transmogrify construction  (Read 696 times)

Dolohov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Transmogrify construction
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:08 am »

When building, I frequently find myself laying down floor and then later deciding I'd prefer a wall there.  When it's a level or two up, though, that means clearing out the area underneath and inevitably having stone fall and land on someone's beloved pet cow.  Then I have to check back later to see if it's done, and designate new construction.

Since all the constructions are one-unit, it would be nice to be able to designate a constructed square to be converted into a different constructed square -- select a floor tile and have a dwarf mason go and turn it into a wall (or turn a wall into a fortification, or a down staircase into an up-down staircase, etc)  It might not hurt if there were a chance that a dabbling mason would have a case of tallow-fingers and drop the stone during the process, just to keep everyone on their toes...

thepuska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transmogrify construction
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:17:33 am »

Falling objects don't hurt anyone, so that's not a problem. However objects falling inside fortifications and on top of already finished levels' roofs is quite annoying, so I think this would be a good idea too.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Transmogrify construction
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:01:02 pm »

Tetris FTW.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!