Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 59898 times)

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:57 am »

My Lanlar suddenly do not have a general psychic ability anymore (the general strength)
With just finesse in specific areas they won't do much now....
Besides.. That were 10 points in general mindwatts

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2008, 09:36:58 am »

As I understand it (see here for the original rules for the last game?) you only need to expend PP if you physically manifest as an avatar (2PP) or provide a direct divine intervention/miracle.  Manifesting as a vision or entity incapable of directly affecting the world (light, sound, strokes of lightning that don't cause any lasting effect, curious green flames, mysterious trees that appear and disappear) don't seem to cost anything.

So far the trick seems to be appearing as a random image and then letting the movement get into its own swing until you have enough power to pull some serious miracles.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2008, 09:50:14 am »

Pig blood for the lava god. Is Nevons new motto :D

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:23 am »

You nasty men, my Ammp's will kill you then use your corpse for fertilizer.
EE
E@E
EEE

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »

You nasty men, my Ammp's will kill you then use your corpse for fertilizer.

No matter, for everyone you kill, 10 more takes it place :D

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2008, 01:30:06 pm »

I will make sure the J'hiard invent gunpowder while you lot are still learning to pick your teeth!

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2008, 01:33:53 pm »

I'll need to evolve teeth for that.  Hands, too.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2008, 02:19:15 pm »

I'd be interested in being a god in the forums, seeing as I'm already one in real life.  :D

I'd make good god material: I've been known to act sporatically, have my own agenda, possess a touch of megolomania, and all those other things useful in a forum god but not anywhere else.  ;D

I was thinking of using my forum name as it's actually based on a powerful being from Sonic comics, from the absolute beginning of the Knuckles comics (issues 1-3), and I plan on playing my god in a similar way.

As for religious spheres, I'll take Technology and Lightning, and will usually influence the civilizations via these means.

For those species which desire my favor, I'll let them decide how they communicate with me (like oracles, or priests, or mass meditation, or other ways), and sometimes use those methods to respond or help.

Example: One species communicates via an oracle that they're being killed off by stronger neighbors.  So, I might give the oracle a fey mood, send the oracle off to create a weapon previously unknown, and announce that the civilization know possesses knowledge of creating said weapon, complements of me.

As a god, I encourage growth mainly by technology as opposed to biological evolution, magic, or perfection of natural abilities.  Of course, some biological growth is important to gain a better understanding of technology, and I won't be turning away any true believers.  If I was to be the god of one of the Master of Orion civilizations, I would chose Meklars, Psions, and Humans, in that order.

Of course, everything I say is dependent on what the REAL boss says.  I hope I can be of use to the pawns, errr species.

Oooo, pick me!  I want immortal brain-in-a-jar leaders!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2008, 04:41:37 pm »

You know what would be a terrifying race for someone to make?

Race:  Tribble
Plural:  Tribbles

These are small balls of fur that somehow eat and are never actually -seen- to move but are presumed to, somehow.  They are supposedly omnivorous.

Breeding Rate:32:68EP:  They breed.  That's it.  They just... breed.

Bumbling:2:2EP:  They sort of just bumble around.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2008, 05:06:26 pm »

a1s, must your plantwe really have all those asterisks?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2008, 05:19:27 pm »

I updated the species post again, now hyperlinked with some extraneous descriptions cut out to save on character count, so I could include Shikogan's species.  It's about 37000 characters, which doesn't give me room for Gods.  I'm not quite sure what to do about that.  Any ideas?  I knew I should have reserved three posts.

Shikogan - I shuffled the Ahkarii around a bit, and added breeding costs, and now they're 1 point over budget.  I can cut it out of somewhere, but I'll let you make a decision.  I subsumed your psychic ability into one area (molecular stuff, hence heat/cold and some movement), but if you want telepathy you'll need to buy that separately.

Speaking of which, future reference to all.  There is no one general 'Psychic' ability.  Psychic powers fall into a few catagories - Telekinesis, Communication, Sensing, Mind Control type stuff, maybe some other things.  If you want them, you have to pay for each one.  No standard here, but be consistent.

Draigh - See above.  I thought from the way you wrote your psychic abilities that the "General Strength" part was the psychic point total, and each of the abilities were where those points were spent.  I get the way you described it now (reminds me of the old GURPS psychic rules), but I just think my way is simpler.  If you want to reshuffle your points, PM me or post.

Duke - One idea, the colony could go feral like The Blur, and I'll take over for them as a crazy powerful predator unique to the area.  Two separate species would definitely be too much trouble.

Iituem - Changed up the Yrb a bit, let me know etc etc.  Shikogan's Ahkarii need to be added, and Sean has dropped out, so the Mii'Ari are superfluous.  I'll take over the map once we get started, thanks again for the big help.  On the subject of maps, I've been considering making the current continent just one on a larger world, but I'll worry about that once it's clear we need the space.  Remember, the world/continent still needs a name!

penguin - The *Plantwe* need *asterisks*.  Many *bubbles* enjoy the *sauce*!

Gods - I kind of intended the Gods to be for lazy, unresponsive players, but I see now there's some initial interest to say the least.  Basically, a percentage of each species' population worships a god (or different groups will worship different gods - yay conflict), and all your worshipers count together.  Worship percentage grows mostly based on turn events - if you lend your power to a species' attempt to do something, and things turn out spectacularly, people take interest.  In rules terms, PP spent are added to the species' d100 roll to do things, like abilities, or subtracted, if a god acts against a species (in either case, it isn't always a straight 1:1).  Worship can also grow from players spending points on organized religions - buying spiritual ability amplifies the worshiped god's power.

As for getting you into a collected post, well...  We'll figure something out.  Just to make sure, there's-
Gantolandon - Lukut Cush Lhac, angry amoeba god of unity, flesh, and growth.  My frogs will love you.
Asheron - Nevon, dragonchick god of lava, curiosity(!), and invention.  Pig blood for the lava god!
EuchreJack - Formless (yet) god of technology and lightning (one sphere left).  I don't remember it being spelled EuchreJack, but I appreciate the reference.
chaoticag - Formless (also) god of sins, lust, and cheese.  If you're still active.

Anybody else?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2008, 05:21:26 pm »

I should probably ramp up this god to really be like the character it's based on, but I'd rather be an angry male monkey with lighting shooting from his hands.  Sorry.

I'll also be god of Shiney Things!

Oooo, pick me!  I want immortal brain-in-a-jar leaders!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Very well, your wish shall be granted!  Anyone else wish to devote worship towards me, or do would you rather bow down to my chosen species?

As far as interpreting my will, did you have any ideas?  I'm thinking one way of communication is for the religious leader to drink a foul mixture of alcohol, scum, jalopenio peppers, and other things, with the mixture conveying the message.  Then, the religious leader will vomit out the mixture, and read the vomit to determine my will.  Ha ha ha, feel the pain!    ;D

Gods - I kind of intended the Gods to be for lazy, unresponsive players
Oh, don't worry, I'm very lazy and unreliable, errr, I mean very skilled at the art of manipulating events, to the point where I SEEM lazy and unreliable.  Errr, I've already planned out exactly how this game will run already, so DON'T QUESTION MY DIVINE DECISIONS (unless you're running this thing, in which case I slightly lower my head in respect, out of view of the other players).

In regards to the Gods, how about starting a new tread for them?  Lots more room that way, and it makes it seem like they aren't actually doing anything.  Some players might even restrict themselves to not looking at the new thread, and only seeing the results in this thread.  Just posting the results in the species section without any explanation would be pretty accurate.

My name is also the conjunction of the game Euchre, and the card which is either the highest or the lowest when two people are playing, depending on the suit.

Ack-I-ZAR, that so sounds like a Paranoia (the RPG, not the mental state caused by the RPG, among other things) name.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2008, 05:57:58 pm »

So will we be getting this started soon since you took the "needs players" part out?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »

Quote from: Aqizzar
penguin - The *Plantwe* need *asterisks*.  Many *bubbles* enjoy the *sauce*!

What smell does an asterisk have, anyhow?

Yrb mod is fine, my laptop died and took my master copy of the map (with layers) with it, so I'll update the map manually to exclude the Miis atc.

Edit:  Also, world names tend to be quite simple for the worlds themselves.  So... 'Earth' was based upon the concept of soil.  How about 'Roam'?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:41:10 pm by Iituem »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »

*contemplates the possibility of Umgran becoming immune to, then eating radioactive materials*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26