Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: killed by a trap?  (Read 504 times)

foenix phyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
killed by a trap?
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:20:02 am »

I just had one of my dwarves killed by my own trap. Is that normal?  that brings me down to 6 dwarves in the summer of my first year   worth continuing?  or abandon the fortress?
Success is counted sweetest / By those who ne'er succeed / To comprehend a nectar / Requires sorest need / Not all of the purple host / Who took the flag today / Can tell the definition / So clear, of victory, / As he, defeated, dying / On whose forbidden ear / The distant strains of triumph / Break, agonized and clear

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: killed by a trap?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:22:58 am »

Hi!

Traps will attack friendlies who are unconscious/asleep on them. Until 40d, dwarves would sometimes lie down to sleep on top of traps getting themselves injured/killed. This behavior should be corrected by 40d according to dev notes. If a friendly is seriously injured, they may fall unconscious from time to time, so they may get killed by a trap because of that as well. If you have lots of traps and an injured dwarf, make sure you have someone who recovers them, so they will not get caught in a trap.

Deathworks