Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recursive Artifact  (Read 1152 times)

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recursive Artifact
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:43:16 pm »

Thoket Imketh, "The Affliction of Justices", a Oaken Ring

This is a Oaken Ring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Oak. This object menaces with spikes of Electrum. On the item is an image of Mountains in frill shark leather. On the item is an image of The Affliction of Justices the Oaken Ring in turtle shell.
- Relee the Squirrel --

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recursive Artifact
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:49:29 pm »

Yep, I had something similar in 40a:

Kezantanzish - "The dangerous alchemies" The rose gold chest.

One of the parts of it was an image of "The dangerous alchemies" - The rose gold chest in mountain goat leather.

It must have been difficult for the darf to paint the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the rose gold chest ;D

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:27:26 pm »

I wonder, if dwarves look really closely at that picture of the ring, if they saw yet another ring on the ring. Reminds me of that gif of that one actors crotch zooming in to be another copy of that actor.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:31:30 pm »

One of the parts of it was an image of "The dangerous alchemies" - The rose gold chest in mountain goat leather.

It must have been difficult for the darf to paint the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the image of the rose gold chest that was located on the rose gold chest ;D

What's more amazing, when you really think about it, is that this recurring image was done in goat leather.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:18:25 pm »

Heh, I love when engravings in basalt depict diorite artifacts.  How does the engraving, using only basalt, show that the artifact is indeed diorite?  Probably only a dwarf could tell.
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:25:55 pm »

Perhaps it is like the Morton Salt girl.  It is only implicitly recursive.  Since the girl's arm covers the container of salt where the image of the girl containing salt would be, it isn't actually drawn, and there is no infinite recursion.  But you know that the container of salt that she is holding is suppose to be the same as the one that she is drawn onto.

Ajikozau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:07:07 am »

Perhaps it is like the Morton Salt girl.  It is only implicitly recursive.  Since the girl's arm covers the container of salt where the image of the girl containing salt would be, it isn't actually drawn, and there is no infinite recursion.  But you know that the container of salt that she is holding is suppose to be the same as the one that she is drawn onto.

you mean that girl has got another girl under her armpit that has got a third girl under her armpit that has got a fourth girl under her armpit and so on?  :o

GROSS!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 04:08:16 am »

it can be not recursive, imagin that on the left side of the chest there is an image from the rigth side of the chest ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime