Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.40d Released  (Read 114580 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.40d Released
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2008, 07:00:23 pm »

I don't think that Today would want to mess with the US Gov't.

Just saying.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:58 am »

I keep getting this mental image of Toady opening up his door one day to see a dozen kegs of beer and 7 bearded people with shovels and axes all looking to him for orders.  I say we undermine the whitehouse and set toady up as the low king.

okay....i have shovels , axes, and picks enough fore 6 others.....and i have a good beard.....now i need 6 other bearded men and a bunch of beer and rum........and someone who can guide me to toady's house....

and i need a video camera to tape the expedition to his house and to catch his reaction.....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2008, 08:00:16 am »

Ya, I remember reading an article about Toady living from what I remember. In Silverdale Washington maybe? Something about walks on Clear Creek or something. =-P

I really would love to see what would happen if 7 stout bearded men with picks and steel battleaxes and tons of booze showed up at Toady's door. O.o

I think everything so far is awesome btw! The fix-it-yourself for the cat stockpile problem was a great relief. Dwarf Foreman is a life saver.

I think it is very easy though... is there a way (without adding OP monsters) to make it harder? I've tried that only worldgen 1-5 years and going 1000+ years.

Also, how much freaking caravan sabotage does it take to piss of humans/elves?

Oh... Demon Rats... So not cool. Zombies galore = one very OP Dwarf... Now all he needs is armor and a hammer so he splatters things instead of ripping them apart and/or throwing them ridiculous distances. Plus the added protection wouldn't be too bad.

Toady for President?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:14 am »

Also, how much freaking caravan sabotage does it take to piss of humans/elves?

More than 500 logs in stockpile for elves worked for me for a bit, but I've heard that trapping/killing the diplomats does just as well, just be sure to rebuild your traps after human ones  ;D

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2008, 08:16:57 am »

My current fort who I've teamed up with a friend on (switching who runs it every start of spring) is more or less made of wood. Even the Depot! I've almost clear cut the entire dense forest. I was in a terrifying place... Not so terrifying now... (Is it possible to remove evil-ness) The ash ground is now becoming nice green grass, the monsters aren't so intimidating... (No longer zombies 24/7 or anything scary) I do have a dwarf that is maxed on all 3 stats and legendary ++++ on all fighting skills... He destroys things...

Now he just needs a freaking trophy room. Should start calling him "Predator"
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2008, 01:30:22 pm »

I think Toady lives in Florida, or at least that was the impression.

lucinthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2008, 05:34:50 pm »

shaoustoul, I would , myself, save an extra copy of that fortress, and use a tool to pop in some fire imps and watch it all burn! 

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2008, 10:44:38 am »

I think Toady lives in Florida, or at least that was the impression.

Not what the site says.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2008, 12:08:30 pm »

Hah ha! See isn't that brilliant. Lives in the same exact city as me. That'd save all that hassle of him being charged those fee's for any donation. >.< But we all know Toady secretly doesn't want to meet us, cause how dark we all are truly after playing this game.

And lucinthus... what program would that be? I only know of companion and I have no idea how I'd turn anything into a fire imp. Could I just place a lava tile?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »

Silverdale is not exactly where I'd assume to go as a tourist to the USA...
but if I'd ever get within 100km of Toady, I'll buy a pickaxe for a present. :D

...though Seatle IS the hub of Shadowrun.

I guess visiting hours are 2200-0400? :lol:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:23:15 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2008, 03:12:43 pm »

Toady should charge some fees for visiting him at home :P then. An full tour with Multimedia show etc would be interresting too. Kids under 10 and adults in Dwarf-costumes get in free.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2008, 03:34:12 pm »

Didn't notice that before, I should send in my donations then.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2009, 02:48:51 am »

Toady, will .41 support keybindings better?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2009, 03:33:43 am »

Won't necessarily be .41- version number is cores.reqs.bloats + bugfix letter.

So it says on the wiki...

And some of the key-input things appear to be being worked on right now,  though not by Toady, click.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2009, 05:38:21 am »

I really would love to see what would happen if 7 stout bearded men with picks and steel battleaxes and tons of booze showed up at Toady's door. O.o
Well, first Toady would pull the lever next to his door, then the drawbridge would lower onto you and squish you...  or the floor would open up and you'd fall into the pit with the chained-up bears, so Toady can pull another lever to full it with magma...
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11